Off The Cliff

melancholy and bliss

Both of their hearts pounded, their eyes closing shut and their sweats dripping down their forehead freely like a mini waterfall. 

They're scared. No, actually, they're more than scared. They're terrified. 

The moment they make the wrong move, they're dead. They're going to fall off the cliff where they're currently standing, bodies pressed closed, while praying silently inside their head. 

They shouldn't have done the thing that led them to this cruel fate. 

The ground they're currently standing creaked, making the smaller girl whimper and cling on to the neck of the taller one, tightly. Her head burried on the taller one's neck, her heart still beating like a crazy little thing it is. She didn't know if it's because she's scared or it's because she's nervous and giddy because she's this close to the younger one.

“J-Joohyun Unnie.” Even though scared, Seulgi wrapped her arms around the smaller girl's waist protectively. Her friend had the most weakest heart she had ever known, a few sounds here and there would make her startled, imagine how scared she is that she's now standing on an edge of a freaking cliff. 

“I'm s-scared, Seulgi-ah.” Seulgi wanted to say that it's okay. They're going to be fine, they're going to be alive. But no words could come out, nothing that could say otherwise. She doesn't have the heart to lie to her older friend. 

“I'm here, Unnie. I'm here.” Seulgi murmured, she burried her nose on Joohyun's vanilla scented hair. She smiled, she could die right now, being this close with Joohyun is enough. She's already happy and contented, she could practically jump off the cliff herself if Joohyun wasn't there in her arms. 

Joohyun tightened her hold on Seulgi's neck, bringing her even closer, eliminating every little space between them. She felt her warmth, she smelled her scent, she heard her heartbeat that's similar to hers, quick and wild. Joohyun felt calm. 

“Are we going to die?” Joohyun timidly asked the younger one, shifting closer to Seulgi which made the ground below them shift too, she yelped and clung even more to Seulgi. 

Seulgi glanced at the deep, and never ending sea below them. Waiting for their fall, waiting for them to be consumed by the depths of the cold blue water. 

She immediately went back to her position on Joohyun's hair. Terrified at what would happen to them if they fall.

“I don't know.” Seulgi whispered to Joohyun's ear. She felt the smaller one shudder at the contact, she smiled sadly. 

She couldn't just die without telling Joohyun how she feels. She couldn't leave this world without letting Joohyun know what she feels inside. 

This is the time she needs to confess.

“Unnie, s-since I'm already going to die, I just want to say that I l-love you.” Seulgi confessed, her arms tightening around the petite woman's waist. Seulgi felt even more scared when the woman in her arms stiffened.

She felt it again, the pounding of her heart because of fear. But this time, she's not scared about the waters below them anymore, she's scared at what Joohyun would say. 

She might die at this moment but she can't die with Joohyun hating her just because of what she feels towards her. She squeezed her eyes shut, afraid at the thought of Joohyun rejecting her feelings.

Joohyun might even push her right now, so with that thought, she loosened her arms, ready to pull away and voluntary jump towards her death.

But Joohyun stopped her. 

She still had her arms locked, rather tightly around her neck. They're faces were inches apart, they couldn't recognize which heartbeat were they feeling, they're breathing the same air. One wrong(very right) move and they would be kissing.

“I l-love you too, Seulgi.” Joohyun had this shy yet genuine smile painted on her face, her eyes free from fear, instead, it had love and adoration in them. 

Seulgi felt like flying, and even if she jump off the cliff now, she's sure she wouldn't fall, she'll be flying instead. 

“I Love you, I know this is late cause we're about to die but I just want you to know that I had loved you since the day I first saw you. You're beautiful, kind, smart and everything I had ever wanted. Bae Joohyun, You're perfect and I probably don't deserve you, but please let me love you as long as I live and even if I die right now, I will still love you in our next life.” Seulgi hugged the petite girl again, this time out of bliss and happiness, she finally confessed, she finally said those words out loud.

But her smile on her face erased when she heard a small sob from Joohyun. Then another. After the third sob, she realized Joohyun is crying. 

“What's wrong?” Seulgi worriedly asked the crying woman who only shook her head and let Seulgi wipe away the tears as she was still determined to not let Seulgi go from her embrace. 

“I—We're already dying. I just cant help but to feel sad, we should've confessed to each other earlier, we could have been more happy.“ Joohyun said, burrying her face again against Seulgi's neck. Seulgi sadly smiled. 

“Let's just see each other in our next life, Joohyun-ah.” Seulgi muttered, her hand caressing Joohyun's black silky hair, while her other hand rested itself on the smaller girl's waist protectively. 

“Find me, okay?” 

“Definitely.” she pressed a kiss on Joohyun's forehead, feeling a tear escape from her eyes.

“I love you.”

“I love you too.” and with that, Joohyun pulled Seulgi towards her, pressing their lips together to share their bitter-sweet first kiss.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“WHAT THE ! THEY JUST KISSED!!!!” Yerim shrieked, she almost fell down from the railing they had been standing for a while now because of the shock. 

“I need to capture this.” she heard Seungwan mumble beside her and a second later she could see a phone in front of the girl.

“KANG SEULGI JUST JUMP, YOU CAN HAVE JOOHYUN UNNIE LATER TO YOURSELF! WE'VE BEEN WAITING HERE SINCE FOREVER!” A glare was sent to Sooyoung when she made the couple distance themselves from each other but still close enough as they were binded by the safety belts.

Bungee jumping.

“SHUT UP, SOO. IT'S FREAKING SCARY HERE! I THINK I'M GOING TO DIE!” Yerim heard their resident bear shout back, followed by Joohyun's hearty laugh.

“JUST JUMP OR I'LL ING PUSH THE BOTH OF YOU!” Sooyoung threatened.

“TELL MOM AND DAD THAT I LOVE THEM AND REMIND THEM TO FEED GOMMIE EVERYDAY. AND SOOYOUNG, DELETE ALL OF MY FILES IN MY COMPUTER!!” 

“WE ALL KNOW THAT YOUR COMPUTER'S FULL OF JOOHYUN UNNIE'S STOLEN PICTURES!” Wendy shouted, Yerim laughed when she saw how Joohyun's mouth dropped and a tint of red creeping it's way on her beautiful face.

“SHU— YOU SOO!” The rest of the sentence faded when the both of them fell off the cliff after Sooyoung pushed them both. 

They heard the piercing shrieks of Joohyun and the laughter of Seulgi echoing around the cliff, Sooyoung laughed like a maniac after successfully pushing the both of them.

They heard another shout.

This time, the three of them smiled in happiness as they recognized it was Seulgi followed by Joohyun's giggle.

“I LOVE YOU BAE JOOHYUN!!”

T H E E N D

a/n: I fell inlove with your comments. I love all of youuuu~ if you ever want to talk to me, yall can find me on twitter: @rv_slanderer. Ill definitely talk to you.