studying, twitter, & joohyun

melancholy and bliss

Seulgi would literally cry all night long if nothing gets into her head after hours of scanning her books.

She had been in the same position for the past 4 hours studying for her finals and yet she still understands nothing.

Maybe because Joohyun had been distracting her. Not physically, of course. But Joohyun never left Seulgi's mind after Seulgi had read a few tweets of Joohyun. 

“well, we do need a break.”
“i wasn't the one who cheated.”
“fck u doofus.”
“u thought ill be begging? Hell no.”

Seulgi grabbed a fistful of her own hair and groaned. She had been thinking if Joohyun is talking about her current boyfriend, Bogum. Maybe they broke up. As what it looks like, Bogum cheated.

She tossed her books aside and got her phone, opened her twitter application and again, new tweets from Joohyun greeted her.

“how dare u?”
“ing hate liars.”
“should've known better.”

As much as she wanted to comfort Joohyun, she couldn't. They haven't even talked personally, Joohyun might not even know her even though they'd been studying in the same school for years. And she had been crushing over Joohyun since the moment she saw her on the school's field. 

But she never had the chance to talk to Joohyun, because first, Joohyun's the popular cheerleader that's dating the school's heartthrob, Bogum, while Seulgi's just a student a year lower than the latter. Seulgi's popular, yes, she's a member and one of the most greatest dancer of the school's dance troop. And second, Joohyun never interacted with students who aren't her friends. 

Seulgi sighed, dropped her phone and grabbed one of her books to read, again. 

“Commonly the right atrium and ventricle are referred together as the right heart and their left counterparts as the left heart.” 

But what if half of my heart is with Joohyun? 

Seulgi groaned and dropped her book once again, she was about to slam her head on the table so that she could focus on studying when her phone vibrated, indicating an incoming text.

“I think joohyun broke up with the heartthrob.” -wannie

Of course she'll know. Joohyun's creating a mess in her twitter account, basically humiliating and destroying Bogum's name, it's not her fault though, Bogum messed up. 

“ikr. the bastard cheated. I think.” -seul

A notification popped on top of her screen, she clicked it and it took her to the twitter application, someone followed her. She ignored it and scrolled down, reading more of Irene's heartbroken tweets.

“I know i can treat you better than he can.” Seulgi tweeted, quoting a popular song that she heard from Seungwan. She was about to ditch her phone again when a notification popped.

@baechu replied to your tweet.

“What the .” her heart palpitated, she almost dropped her phone because of how her hands were shaking. She was aware that Joohyun also followed her on twitter but they never went to the point where someone had replied to the latter's tweet. 

“@seulbear wish i have someone saying that to me rn. :(” @baechu

“No Way.” seulgi stared at her screen and the next thing, she was jumping around her room, not forgetting to screenshot Joohyun's reply and sending it to Seungwan. Her heart was racing and she couldn't contain the happiness she was feeling, she jumped on her bed, grabbed a pillow, burried her face on it and screamed, letting her muffled voice fade and then doing it again. 

“the kk. grab the chance seul. flirt with the bae!!”-wannie

“what should i say? help meehhh wan!”-seul

“idk. just comfort her or something.”-wannie

“hooow??”-seul

“i dont know kangg. just do something!!” -wannie


Seulgi bit her lower lip out of nervousness and clicked her twitter application again. She was about to reply to Joohyun’s reply to her tweet when her eye caught a tweet from Joohyun. 

“im stupid. I still love u.” @baechu

But what caught her attention was the replies, disappointment crawled inside her after reading Bogum's name.

“@baechu im sorry. pls. Let's talk. I want you back.” -@bogummy

“@bogummy should we talk about you cheating on me?” @baechu


“@baechu i still love u too. pls. i was a jerk, i admit but pls i really love you. I dont want to lose u.” @bogummy


“@bogummy u shouldve thought about that before cheating.” @baechu


“@baechu im outside of your house. Open the door.” @bogummy

 

It was just a minute ago since the last tweet and Seulgi guessed they're currently talking face to face right now. She sighed. Once again, she heard her heart getting broken. She should've never opened her twitter account in the first place. 

Seulgi, once again, faced her book to continue studying. She tried not to be distracted by her constantly vibrating phone, already knowing that it was just Wendy asking her what happened. She's determined to not let her phone snatch her attention again but then, it started ringing loudly, forcing her to stop reading and look at the caller's id.

“Seriously, Seungwan, stop disturbing me. I need to study for the exams.”  she hissed as she answered the phone, she then heard Seungwan's laughter which made her groan as she was definitely sure Seungwan isn't nervous for the incoming exams, she's a genius. She doesn't need to study.

“Calm down, Seul. I was texting you but you wouldn't reply, so I called you instead. Anyway, look at Joohyun's tweet.” 

“I need to study, Wan.” she reminded the latter, she eyed her opened book, showing her an image of a human's heart. She closed it again, already feeling the pain of an incoming headache if she'll continue studying. 

“You can study Joohyunology later. Come on, open your twitter account.” Seungwan said, Seulgi heard rustling of papers at the other line, maybe Seungwan is still studying but she's not that worried like Seulgi who kept on failing her class.

“Fine.” she immediately went to her twitter application after ending the call, but then, the moment the application loaded, a picture of Bogum holding a bouquet of red roses and chocolates greeted her. 

“You're forgiven, stupid. I love you.” @baechu

She closed her phone, threw it away and grabbed her book. 

Seulgi knew it was just a stupid crush but she never knew it was this painful to see Joohyun forgiving her bastard boyfriend easily. She tried to hold the unforgiving feelings of jealousy inside her and just focused on the book she's studying. 

A cheating jerk like Bogum doesn't deserve a second chance.

He's just a pretty face, he's a big jerk.

What did Joohyun see in him?

And with those thoughts bothering her, she gave up on studying and just rested her face on the book, wishing to absorb everything in it. She closed her eyes and groaned.

She'll definitely fail this class again.

T H E E N D