The Doctor

melancholy and bliss

Seulgi opens her eyes slowly, the bright rays of the sun filling her sight as she squints her eyes shut before slowly opening them again in hopes to adjust her sight. She scans her surroundings cautiously, feeling her body relax as she recognizes the white walls of a hospital she had gone through before but in a different situation. 

Her confusion settles when she noticed her bandaged arm and the small painful sting that came from the side of her stomach. She then remembers the accident that she had gone through and sighs. She could've avoided that car but she lost the control and ended up crashing. She made a mental note of apologizing to the driver of that car. 

She straightens her back when she heard footsteps outside her door, eventually, it opened revealing a petite young woman wearing a doctor's lab gown, her hair tied in a bun and her big, beautiful eyes hidden behind the round eyeglasses that Seulgi found cute on her. She's gorgeous. Ethereal. 

She looks unreal. 

“Miss?” the doctor asks, her tone firm and voice soft, Seulgi found herself melting under her stare, flushing embarrassingly while the doctor casts her eyes towards the documents she's holding, probably Seulgi's. 

“Kang Seulgi.” Seulgi answers but then got confused a second later. The doctor could've just read her name on the documents she had on her hand. What's the use of it anyway? Seulgi studies the doctor subtly, running her eyes from the doctors shoes to her jean clad legs, to the curves of her body that was hidden by a large lab coat and to her chest where her name plate was pinned. 

Bae Joohyun. 

“You were part of the accident that happened downtown?” Doctor Bae Joohyun asks, her tone indifferent as she continued reading the documents on hand. Probably just making conversations so Seulgi won't be bored while she checks her up. Seulgi hummed and nodded as an answer, eyes still busy memorizing every bit of the Doctor's appearance. 

“How are you feeling?” finally, Doctor Bae tears her gaze away from the documents as she fixes her gaze on Seulgi's. Seulgi couldn't sense any emotion on the doctor's face, couldn't see any spark in her eyes as she speak. Maybe she's one of those doctors that grew cold after spending their time at the hospital, they didn't want to grow attached to their patients as they knew some of them were going to die. Seulgi suddenly felt down, a beautiful face like Doctor Bae's should be smiling, she's sure she would kill just to see the doctor smile. 

“I'm good, just kinda dizzy.” Seulgi muttered which the doctor just answered with a nod. “Probably the meds.”

“Doctor Bae.” Seulgi flinched when she meets the doctor's eyes, winces when she felt a sense of deja vu creeping in just by locking gaze with her. Have she seen her before? But that's impossible. She would remember a face like Doctor Bae's. She shook her head to push the thought away to continue her words, “Do I have to stay here longer?”

“You should ask your doctor.” Irene answers with a small smile on her face. Seulgi felt her blood growing cold at how beautiful yet off that smile looked like, she felt scared. “B-But aren't you my docto—”

“Miss Kang.” She whipped her head to the side just to see a small woman breathing heavily by the door, wearing a similar coat that Doctor Bae Joohyun wore and looking like she rushed her way towards her room to barged in without even knocking. 

“A-And you are?”

“I'm Doctor Son Seungwan, I'm assigned to be your doctor.” The small girl answers with a beam, a hand fixing her white coat to look more presentable in front of her supposed to be patient. 

Seulgi's eyes widened and she turned her head back to the side of her bed where Doctor Bae stood but she no longer sees the beautiful woman. Not even her shadow. Nothing. 

Where is she?

“Are you okay, Miss Kang? Is there something wrong?” Doctor Son asks, approaching her patient who seems to be searching for something at the side of her bed. “What are you searching for? Maybe I can help?”

“D-Do you know any Doctor Bae Joohyun?”

And as if a light had been switched off, the smile that was decorating Doctor Son's face dropped and a horrified expression replaced it, her eyes huge and staring at Seulgi with a look of confusion and fright. 

“W-What are you talking about?”

“A-A Doctor named Bae Joohyun walked in here and acted as my Doctor. S-She was here a moment ago.” Seulgi tried to explain, her voice getting stuck in multiple times, she felt her heart beating fast at how Doctor Son seems to be more terrified at each word she spoke. 

“B-But she's dead. Her car crashed last night at downtown.” 

Then Seulgi remembered. 

The face of the person inside the car, her eyes horrified and scared, Seulgi remembered how the other person closed her eyes shut and how she gripped on the steering wheel so tight to prepare for the impact of the crash. 

Seulgi remembered her eyes that screamed for help. 

Bae Joohyun was the person inside the car she crashed. 


T H E E N D
jeyeon

HAPPY HALLOWEEN. Here's a treat. lool. This is short and rushed. And also, I am not satisfiedd because of some reason. miaan.