Chapter 8

Opposites Attract

Kyungsoo hates it when Baekhyun annoys him. He really does. But why doesn’t he feel happy when Baekhyun stops bothering him after the day he asked for forgiveness with the cake? Kyungsoo really wishes he understood how Baekhyun’s brain works. He has thought back to that day and replayed it multiple times to see if he has said anything wrong. But he didn’t. So why is Baekhyun being so meek with him?

Kyungsoo is sitting on the couch in the living room, reviewing his script when Chanyeol plopped down next to him. Kyungsoo looked over and gave him a small smile before going back to his script. He could feel the other staring at him.

“What is it Yeol?” he asked, his eyes never leaving the paper in his hand.

“I’m just wondering why I never noticed you were such a clueless idiot” Chanyeol shook his head, pursing his lips. “Oww! Your violence won’t help you solve it!” he groaned as he rubbed his head where he was hit.

“Fine, I’ll bite. Why am I clueless?” Kyungsoo sighs as he looks over to his friend. Chanyeol just stared at him like he was analyzing him. After a few seconds, he just shook his head and looked to the script sitting on Kyungsoo’s lap.

“What is the scene about?” he asks Kyungsoo as he points to it. Kyungsoo frowns at his sudden obvious attempt at changing the topic but doesn’t comment on it.

“It’s a romantic scene. My character’s love interest confesses to him and kisses him. It’s my first ever romantic scene. I don’t know how to go about with this” Kyungsoo sighs as he frowns at the script in his hands. He never could get into the character in this scene. He doesn’t really have much experience to draw the feelings from.

“I know! Baekhyun could help you with it! He’s free for the next two days! Let me just go fetch him! You sit right here!” Chanyeol jumped out of the couch with a huge grin, making a beeline to Baekhyun’s room before Kyungsoo could say anything. Kyungsoo chose to ignore the mischievous glint in his eyes.

A few minutes later, Chanyeol appeared again, dragging a very reluctant Baekhyun with him. Kyungsoo watched on as Chanyeol pushed Baekhyun to sit next to him and left the room with a loud singsong ‘bye’, leaving no time for either of them to protest.

Kyungsoo looked at Baekhyun carefully. He had his head down and looked uncomfortable, much to Kyungsoo’s amazement. Baekhyun never acted like this. Kyungsoo sighed at last, turning his head away to look back at the script. “You can go back, Baek. You don’t have to do this if you’re uncomfortable with it.”

Kyungsoo could feel Baekhyun’s eyes on him as he continued to read the script. He heard him let out a short chuckle. It somehow sounded forced to Kyungsoo but what does he know? Baekhyun grabbed the script from his hands, making him look at the older in wary. “Who said I didn’t want to? A chance to act with the acting genius Do Kyungsoo?! How can I pass this up?!” he winked at Kyungsoo cheekily. Kyungsoo shook his head and nudged Baekhyun’s side a little while letting out a relieved chuckle.

 

“Why are you ignoring me Hani? And don’t tell me you’re not! I see you running away whenever I’m in the vicinity” Kyungsoo acts his part out first.

“You don’t want to know Joon-ah. Trust me.” Baekhyun says, sighing dejectedly.

“No, you are going to say why you have been avoiding your best friend! I have no idea what I did, so please, tell me!” Kyungsoo’s voice comes out a little desperate.

“I..I..I…” Baekhyun stammers as he stares at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo notices and looks questioningly at Baekhyun. “Baek, go on!” he prompts, waiting for the line.

“This is where Hani kisses Joon. What should I do?” Baekhyun asks Kyungsoo after he recovers from his stammering.

“Just say the lines after the scene Baek” Kyungsoo tells him impatiently.

“No, he will not!”’ came a loud voice from the kitchen. They both turned to see Chanyeol coming out of the kitchen, long strides and a determined face. “You call this acting the script out? Come on! You guys are not even standing! Get on your feet and start acting the scenes out! As realistically as possible! Like how you do at the set!” Chanyeol all but shouts at both, his hands motioning at every word.

“What are you doing here, Yeol? I thought you left?” Kyungsoo asked him, resisting the urge to hit the taller on his head.

“I… I just came to get some water. I’m leaving. But you guys better act it out! You know you need to Kyungsoo. You don’t have experience in this and you need to be as prepared as you can be before you go to the set” Chanyeol says, his eyes wide and expectant.

Kyungsoo sees Baekhyun pinching Chanyeol from the corner of his eyes, but chose to ignore it before sighing in acceptance. “Fine”, he looks at Baekhyun, “You okay with that?”.

Baekhyun stares at him wide eyed and nods slowly, smiling a little. “Of course, I said I’d help, didn’t I?”

 

“Why are you ignoring me Hani? And don’t tell me you’re not! I see you running away whenever I’m in the vicinity” Kyungsoo asks, staring at Baekhyun intently.

“You don’t want to know Joon-ah. Trust me.” Baekhyun looks back at Kyungsoo.

“No, you are going to say why you have been avoiding your best friend! I have no idea what I did, so please, tell me!” Kyungsoo begs, holding Baekhyun’s wrist. The distance between them is very small, what with the hand holding. Baekhyun steps closer to Kyungsoo, still staring at his eyes. Kyungsoo goes along with it, seeing as Baekhyun seems to be into it. The distance gets smaller by each second and just before Kyungsoo tries to prompt Baekhyun for the next line, Baekhyun closes the distance and pecks on his lips. Kyungsoo freezes.

He doesn’t think before pushing Baekhyun away and rushing into his room. ‘What just happened?’ he thinks as he sits on his bed, still in a daze. The reality just starting to sink in, he feels his heart race.

Baekhyun kissed him.