Chapter 4

Opposites Attract

If someone asks Kyungsoo when he stopped disliking Baekhyun, he would vehemently disagree, claiming he never stopped. But he would not be able to retort to the observation that he started taking care of the older. Handing the water bottle after their practice, doing his laundry wordlessly, or putting a blanket over him when he falls asleep on the couch. Baekhyun didn’t know he was added to Kyungsoo’s very short list of people he cared about.

Baekhyun returned to annoying Kyungsoo again, much to the latter’s dismay. Ignoring a person like Baekhyun isn’t an option, unfortunately for Kyungsoo. So, he had no choice but to do the only thing he knows, hiding from Baekhyun.

“Kyungsoo yah! Where are you?? Manager hyung told me you don’t have any schedule in the evening. Let’s go out! Call me soon okay?” came Baekhyun’s overly cheerful voice as soon as Kyungsoo looked up his voice mail. Face scrunching up in distress, he groaned, making his manager turn to him from the driver’s seat.

“What’s wrong Kyungsoo?” he heard his manager ask as he turned his phone off.

Disregarding his question, Kyungsoo leaned forward to his manager, his face frowning. “Hyung, did you tell Baek that I was free this evening?”

“Yeah, he asked if you had schedule today and I told him you don’t after 6PM. Why? What’s wrong?”

“Why did you tell him that? Now I’ll have to rack my brains to think of an excuse” he mumbled the last part to himself as his mind already started looking for excuses.

His manager started laughing. “Is he still annoying you? I would have thought you were used to it by now.”

Furrowing his eyebrows at the remark, Kyungsoo turned his head away from his manager, the buildings outside suddenly more interesting. After deliberating over the pros and cons of going back to the dorm now, he decided he was capable enough to avoid Baekhyun. It’s definitely not because he couldn’t think of a place to hide. No, he was very much capable.

Tiptoeing into his room has never been easy for Kyungsoo. Mostly because he never does that, so he didn’t have enough practice. Trying to concentrate on not making a sound as he beelined to his room, he didn’t see the very amused face, attached to a very proportionate body if you asks the said face, of the very bane of his existence.

“Boo!”

The sound made Kyungsoo jump in surprise and a sharp gasp escaped his mouth. Eyes wide, he turned to the left to find a smirking Baekhyun, his hands folded at his chest and legs crossed as he leaned on the wall.

“Baekhyun! “ Kyungsoo sputtered in bewilderment as tried to rack his brain to think of something to say.

“My my, why are you so jumpy Soo? Are you hiding from someone?” Baekhyun asked as he raised his eyebrows, a smirk still adorning his face.

“What? No! What are you saying?” Kyungsoo laughed nervously as he subconsciously touched his hair. This action didn’t go unnoticed by the older. Kyungsoo always touched his hair when he was uncomfortable, anxious or lying.

“Well, anyway, you’re just in time! Let’s watch a movie together!” Baekhyun suggested as his hands drop lose to his sides, a wide smile taking place of the smirk. Kyungsoo loves watching movies. But going to the movies is bound to attract attention to them, being as famous as they were. Besides, he was really tired and just wants to go to bed. He was about to reprimand Baekhyun for not thinking this through when the older interrupted his thoughts.

“Its not in a theatre Soo. So don’t think of excuses. Come on, go fresh up and come on out. I even got your favorite nachos and drink!” Baekhyun winked as he turned around and left. Kyungsoo’s resolve melted at the mention of his favorite movie food. It’s just one movie. I can sleep after that

When he entered the theatre room, he saw all s sprawled across the room, different foods and drinks in the middle. Surprised, he stood by the door, looking at everyone as he tried to process it.

“Why are you standing there blinking like an owl? Get here soon so we can start the movie!” Chanyeol ordered in his loud voice while stuffing his mouth with way too much popcorn. Everyone glanced at him with a smile. Kyungsoo glared at him as he made his way towards an empty couch, not forgetting to smack the giants head while passing.

Kyungsoo sat comfortably in his couch, nibbling away at his nachos when Baekhyun settled down beside him. Kyungsoo looked over to him with his eyebrows raised, a little surprised by the sudden movement. Baekhyun glanced at him with a smile and murmured something about how the floor is making his cranky. Kyungsoo turned his head back to the movie without bothering with a reply.

Baekhyun was watching the movie, too engrossed in it to notice the boy beside him dangling his head to every side in his sleep. A sudden weight lands on his shoulder and yanked him out of his reverie. He looked to his side, only to find Kyungsoo asleep on his shoulder, cheek pressed and a small pout on his heart lips. Baekhyun unconsciously smiles at the sight, lifting his hands to pat Kyungsoo’s other cheek in adoration. He then adjusted Kyungsoo on his shoulder so he wouldn’t fall off and went back to watching the movie.

At some point, Baekhyun fell asleep too, resting his head on Kyungsoo’s as support. Sehun was the only one awake. As he realized this, he looked at all his Hyungs sleeping on each other and lied down to sleep on Suho’s half stretched leg while the movie played on.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the short chapter! I'm finding it hard to get ideas not including murders or tragedies. Writing a romance/slice of life/general fiction is harder than I thought it would be!