Chapter 5 Part 2

Opposites Attract

Baekhyun is all for surprises. In fact, he loves them. But having to crouch in a room smaller than their closet does not make him happy, albeit surprising. He looked to his left to find Kyungsoo sleeping, a peaceful expression adorning his face. They were running from fans when they found a store (curse his luck for finding only stores). Thanks to Kyungsoo’s polite request, the store clerk opened the janitors closet for them to hide. Unfortunately for them, the place is pretty popular for young kids, making it risky to be seen outside. It’s been an hour since that happened.

Baekhyun’s face contorted in pain, groaning as he shifted his leg a little to avoid cramps. Kyungsoo immediately shifted a little in his sleep, making Baekhyun look at him carefully, wondering if he woke him up. When the younger didn’t move, he sighed in relief as he settled his back on the wall again. He felt sorry for involving Kyungsoo. It was probably the only time he could rest. And he took it away now. Kyungsoo is the busiest member, with his movies and dramas along with EXO activities. He gets the least amount of sleep, which explains why they find him sleeping all the time.

A light groan from the younger woke him up from his thoughts. A frown is now resting on Kyungsoo’s sleeping face. Before Baekhyun can do anything, it was gone. He must be really tired. The thought only made Baekhyun feel guiltier. His eyes travelled from Kyungsoo’s closed eyes to his nose, and then to his lips. They look so soft that Baekhyun’s hand reached for them automatically. He brushed his fingers slightly on Kyungsoo’s heart lips when he suddenly realized what he was doing. He brought his hand back to his chest immediately as if something stung him. Why did he do that?!

The small incident didn’t leave Baekhyun’s mind even after sleeping it off as he initially assumed. Every time he sees Kyungsoo, his heart starts beating faster and his eyes focus on the younger’s heart shaped lips. He tries to avoid running into Kyungsoo now, contrary to his previous endeavors.  Much to his dismay, Kyungsoo has noticed this and even asked him about it.

“That’s crazy Kyungsoo! Ofcourse I am not avoiding you. Why would you think that?”

“I don’t know, you tell me. Why do you run away when you see me?”

“I did not! I just had plans with my other friends. I do have friends other than you guys you know.”

“Okay, if that is the case, I’m sorry.”

Kyungsoo looked pretty confused and ashamed after that conversation, making Baekhyun feel guiltier for doing that to the younger. To make his lie seem believable, he did meet up with his best friend from school the next day.

“I don’t know what is wrong with me Minjun ah. I don’t know what to do” Baekhyun whined to his best friend, his face buried in his hands, as they lay on Minjun’s couch.

“I know what’s wrong” Minjun’s words made Baekhyun turn to him with expectant eyes. “You like him”

Baekhyun groaned, hitting Minjun with a plushie. “No I don’t. He’s my member and a close friend. He’s like family. I do not like him. Besides, if I did, I would have known, being with him for more than 4 years. Just because I’m biual doesn’t mean I like every single person”.

“No, but it means you can like anyone. And you like him. It doesn’t matter if you didn’t like him for 4 years Baek, you like him now. Or you maybe even love him. I don’t know. But you certainly have feelings for him. No one randomly gets the urge to touch someone’s lips.” Minjun gives him a pointed look. Baekhyun just purses his lips as he thinks.

For the next few days, Baekhyun decides to test this. He doesn’t avoid Kyungsoo anymore. He infact makes sure to see him everyday, whenever he can. And everytime he sees Kyungsoo, a smile adorns his face instinctively. It gets worse by day. It’s like he has a Kyungsoo sensor now. He can detect whenever Kyungsoo is in the room. His eyes trace Kyungsoo’s movements without even realizing.

After a week of this routine, he came to a conclusion.

He likes Kyungsoo. Baekhyun likes Kyungsoo.