Chapter 9

Opposites Attract

“You should really stop hitting your head on the wall, Baek. You’re gonna lose what few little grey cells you have” Jongdae smirked as he plopped down on Chanyeol’s bed. “Now tell the wise Jongdae what’s bothering you”.

Baekhyun turned around at the sound and frowned at his friend. “Why are you here?”

Jongdae glared at him in mock anger. “Why wouldn’t I be here?” he retorted with a smirk, then sighed. “Fine, I wanted to borrow Chanyeol’s laptop to play LoL. Mine’s updating. But more importantly, why do you look like a kicked puppy who got kicked for eating pizza?”

Baekhyun made a face. “Anyway, it’s nothing Dae. Don’t worry about it” he sighed at last as he sat down on his bed.

Jongdae narrowed his eyes at Baekhyun before clapping his hands in excitement. “Ah-ha! I know! This must be something to do with your little Kyungsoo problem!” he declared like he knows that for a fact. Well, not that it’s not true. But Baekhyun didn’t need to accept that.

Baekhyun groaned. “Does everyone know?”

Jongdae chuckles before nodding. “Everyone but the man himself. Honestly Baek, you are the most oblivious person. I don’t know how Kyungsoo doesn’t know yet. Now, what happened?” Jongdae puts up his legs to sit on the bed, turning to Baekhyun to give him his full attention.

“I kissed him” Baekhyun blurted out and then shut his mouth with his hands in shock.

“What?!” Jongdae shouted, eyes wide and mouth open.

Baekhyun sighed. “And he ran away”.

“Wow… where was I when all this juicy stuff happened?!” Jongdae wondered while shaking his head.

“Jongdae!” Baekhyun called in annoyance.

“Sorry! Now, where were we? Oh! Kiss! Kyungsoo! He ran away? Are you sure?” Jongdae asks Baekhyun suspiciously.

Baekhyun glares at his friend. “Yes, I’m sure the man I kissed has run away immediately after. I don’t know what came over me. One minute I was helping him practice his lines and the next I kissed him. But he was just so close and he looked so good with those big eyes and his lovely heart shaped lips… I just…he looked so cute and small and delicious. I couldn’t help it.” Baekhyun says dreamily, smiling while he thinks of Kyungsoo.

“Woah! Okay! TMI dude! Like seriously? And you’ve got it bad!” Jongdae declares, nose crinkled in fake disgust. ”Now, I need you to tell me exactly what happened”.

 

“Phew! What a rollercoaster of confession! Why didn’t I know any of this and why does Chanyeol know!?” Jongdae whined as soon as Baekhyun finished reciting the events. Before Baekhyun can answer, Jongdae interrupted. “Regardless, now I know and that’s all that matters. Chanyeol is an idiot. You should never go to him for love advice! And Minjun doesn’t know much about Kyungsoo! Really Baek, what were you thinking?” he says in dramatic exasperation.

“What does ‘the wise’ Jongdae suggest then? Go apologize to him?” Baekhyun asks at last.

“What? Of course not, this isn’t a drama where the lead character forgives the love interest just after an apology” Jongdae shakes his finger at Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun is starting to think all his friends are idiots. He probably shouldn’t have taken any of their advices. But it’s too late for that now and he hopes Jongdae’s plan works.

“Kyungsoo!” he calls after the figure as he enters the dance practice studio. Kyungsoo was working on tap dancing for his next project and Baekhyun high-fived himself in his mind for guessing his whereabouts correctly. The younger turns around and freezes as soon as he sees Baekhyun smiling hesitantly.

“H..Hey Baek” Kyungsoo says, eyes wide and looking for an escape. Baekhyun calms himself and makes his way towards Kyungsoo, a huge grin on his face.

“Tap dance practice?” Baekhyun asks, despite knowing the answer already. Kyungsoo nods, seemingly still in a daze.

“I…uh… I actually wanted to talk to you about yesterday” Baekhyun starts, staring expectantly at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo’s head whipped up suddenly, his eyes wider and unblinking.

“I’m sorry about uh… about kissing you like that. I was just upset at Jongdae and…uh…” Baekhyun trailed off, unsure.

“And he decided he would kiss you to get back at me. I hope you don’t mind Soo, after all, it was just a friendly peck” came Jongdae’s voice, making both of them look to the door as he slowly walked in, a teasing smile directed towards Baekhyun. He finally stopped beside Baekhyun and put his hand over Baekhyun’s shoulder, leaning into his body a little.

“Huh?” was all Kyungsoo could utter, confusion all over his face as he looks back and forth between Jongdae and Baekhyun.

“Well, there’s no use hiding it now I suppose” Jongdae mused, looking at Baekhyun with a soft smile. “We’re dating”

Kyungsoo spluttered at that. “What?”

“Yeah, and my sweet Baekhyun here, was angry at me for kissing my costar in the musical. Isn’t he so cute when he’s jealous?” Jongdae coos at Baekhyun, pinching his cheeks. Baekhyun doesn’t say anything and looks down like the floor is the most interesting piece of art he has ever seen.

“So, he kissed you to get back at me. Tsk tsk, you shouldn’t do that Baek, you know Kyungsoo is not a physical person” Jongdae reprimands Baekhyun. Baekhyun suddenly looks up from the ground and stares at Kyungsoo.

“Yeah, I’m sorry Soo, I was not thinking straight” he says slowly. Kyungsoo seems to get over the initial shock as he nods and then smiles hesitantly. “It’s okay Baek, just don’t do it again”.

“Of course! I’ll make sure he never kisses anyone but me” Jongdae pulls Baekhyun closer as he stares at Kyungsoo, almost teasingly. Baekhyun struggles to break away but gives up once he realizes Kyungsoo is still watching them both.

“So, you guys are together?” Kyungsoo asks, like he still cannot believe it.

“Yeah, why? Is that a problem?” Jongdae asks before Baekhyun can reply.

Kyungsoo shakes his head immediately. “No! No problem, I was just surprised, I guess” he chuckles nervously. “I’m happy for you both” he says with a smile at last.

Baekhyun’s heart breaks a little as the words leave Kyungsoo's lips.