Chapter 12

Opposites Attract

If there’s one thing Kyungsoo wants to do right now, it’s to punch Baekhyun. Really hard.

“Kyungsoo, please talk to Baekhyun. I don’t know what happened but I’m sure it’s because of you that he’s moping around” Chanyeol pleaded him two days after ‘the incident’. Looking up from his laptop, Kyungsoo stared at the elder, silently regarding him.

“Soo?” he called him again, waving his hands in front of Kyungsoo’s face. “I’m being serious. He has been coped up in our room for the last two days. I cannot take his whining and ordering me anymore! You know how needy he gets when he’s sad.”

Kyungsoo scoffed at him, turning away to look at his laptop again. “I would talk to him if he stops avoiding me like a plague.”

“He’s avoiding you?? Why?” Chanyeol asks, interest evident on his face as he stops pacing around. When Kyungsoo doesn’t reply, he sighs. Kyungsoo watches as his eyes suddenly light up, a mischievous smile making its way on his face. Without another word, he leaves the room, leaving Kyungsoo a little worried.

 

“You better use this opportunity well, Soo” is the last thing Chanyeol says before leaving the dorms with other members.

Great, Chanyeol and his dumb ideas actually might work for once. Now that the members are all gone, except for Baekhyun and him of course, he can finally talk to the little head.

Kyungsoo starts towards Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s shared room. He has had two full days to think about what happened, thanks to Baekhyun.

He knocks on the door calling Baekhyun’s name. No response. He can hear shuffling inside. “Baek, if you’re not gonna open the door, I can pick the lock. You’re not the only one Chanyeol has taught how to pick locks.”

The shuffling stops and starts again. The door clicks and opens, revealing a disheveled Baekhyun, dark circles covering his eyes. “You look like .”

Baekhyun mumbles a small ‘thanks’, and then, “What do you want Kyungsoo?”

 “I just want to talk to you Baek, so let me in?”

Baekhyun sighs and moves away to let Kyungsoo into his room.

 

“What do you wanna talk about?” Baekhyun asks Kyungsoo once the younger settles in on a chair. Baekhyun sat right across him on the bed. Kyungsoo stares at Baekhyun for a few seconds, making the latter squirm under the scrutiny.

“About what you told me. Is it true? Did you mean it?” Kyungsoo pointedly looks at Baekhyun while asking. When Baekhyun doesn’t reply, he leans forward, making Baekhyun look up to him in surprise. “Did you really mean it?”

“I…uh…I..”

“Baek…” Kyungsoo pleads him. At his look, Baekhyun sighs in defeat.

“Yes. Yes, I meant it.”

“How long?” Kyungsoo asks, ignoring Baekhyun’s discomfort.

“Not too long. I think… I don’t know when it started. But I only realized it recently” he says in a small voice, looking everywhere except at Kyungsoo. At Kyungsoo’s silence, he started again. “But you don’t have to worry about it. I’m sure I’ll get over it soon. So please don’t act any different with me? I don’t wanna lose our friendship, Soo. I know I shouldn’t think of you this way. I don’t even know what’s wrong with me and I’m sure you’re probably not even attracted to men---”

“Yes, I’m not” Kyungsoo cuts him off. “At least, I thought I wasn’t. But I’m not so sure anymore, Baek.”

Baekhyun whips his head back to Kyungsoo. “What?”

“I think I like you too, idiot” Kyungsoo admits, a small smile playing on his lips. “I can’t say I love you. But I think I like you. So, if you want, we can give it a try. I can’t promise you anything though. I just learnt that I might be biual a few days back. I still need to get used to it. And I don’t want us to ignore our feelings just because we are friends and members. That would just make us grow apart anyway. So, let’s give it a try, yeah?” he finishes his monologue and looks at Baekhyun expectantly.

Baekhyun looks shocked and doesn’t move or blink for a few seconds. When Kyungsoo nudges him, he wakes up from his daze and wraps the younger in a tight hug. Kyungsoo doesn’t hug him back immediately, but gently wraps on hand around the other after a few seconds.  Baekhyun leans away from the hug to look at Kyungsoo with a huge smile.

“Why am I an idiot? I could have had this long ago then?”

Kyungsoo laughs, “You are an idiot. But that’s why I like you.”

Baekhyun leans in closer again. “Can I kiss you?”

Kyungsoo doesn’t reply and instead closes the gap with his lips. Breaking away after what seemed like a nanosecond, “Does that answer your question?”

“Wow!” Baekhyun exclaims with a smile and a look of wonder on his face.

“Yeah, remind me to thank Chanyeol for finally putting an end to your idiocy” Kyungsoo laughs.

The door suddenly barges open and a loud squeak greets them. “OH MY GOSH! GUYS! BAEKSOO FINALLY HAPPENED!” they turn just in time to see Chanyeol running out, shouting at the top of his head.

Kyungsoo winces at the sound. “Never mind, he doesn’t deserve my thanks.”