Chapter 6

Opposites Attract

Kyungsoo doesn’t understand why Baekhyun has been acting weird. Till a couple of days ago, he avoided him. Now, he doesn’t leave him alone again. But it’s not just that, he’s… he’s acting weird. If he didn’t know much better, he would call it flirting. But Kyungsoo knows better.

Unbeknownst to Kyungsoo, Baekhyun has the perfect idea of what is going on. After he found out his feelings for the younger boy were far from platonic, he decided to accept it. He couldn’t outright confess to him, but he decided a little flirting wouldn’t harm either. And if Kyungsoo catches onto it, he would think of what to say. But just as he suspected, the pale boy is as oblivious as a fly heading straight to the spider’s web. Maybe that’s not the best analogy, but who would judge what goes on in Baekhyun’s mind really?

 

Kyungsoo is tired. Then again, when is he not these days? He just finished his activities for the day and plopped onto the couch in their shared dorm. Jongdae and Chanyeol are arguing about who’s car was the fastest. Toy cars, much to Kyungsoo’s disbelief and annoyance. Baekhyun was nowhere to be seen. Kyungsoo didn’t know if he should be relieved or not. His stomach groaned as he was about to lie back on the couch. He suddenly felt his hunger amplifying and dragged his feet to the kitchen. Too tired to cook a complicated dish, he decided on ramen.

Humming to himself while waiting for the ramen to cook, Kyungsoo did not notice a figure enter the kitchen. His waist was suddenly enveloped in two hands, back pushed close against someone’s chest. Kyungsoo let out a squeak and impulsively elbowed the body, evoking a groan of pain from the attacker as he released him from the hold, allowing him to turn around.

“Ouch! Soo! What is wrong with you?!” Baekhyun’s voice comes out weakly, still crouching in pain with his hands on his side where he was elbowed. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and turned back to cook his ramen. “Serves you right for creeping up on me” he says, voice devoid of any sympathy for the other.

“Fine, I’ll just go hug Chanyeollie then! He never refuses my hugs!” Baekhyun announced, pout turning into a look of indignation. Kyungsoo hums in response, not bothering to turn around. Baekhyun walks away, letting the disappointment cover his face.

Baekhyun just wanted to tease Kyungsoo. He didn’t realize hugging his new crush would give him a potential heart attack, and a bruise in his side. His heart is still beating fast from the hug. Baekhyun is now glad Kyungsoo broke the hug, albeit violently. He let his hand drop from his chest, trying to shake the feeling off before rushing into his room.

Unknown to him, Chanyeol witnessed the whole ordeal of Baekhyun, realization evident on his face. After getting over his initial shock, Chanyeol decided to test Kyungsoo, 90% for helping Baek and 10% for his own amusement. He skipped to the kitchen where Kyungsoo just finished putting his ramen into a bowl. He placed his elbow on the counter, leaning into Kyungsoo a little as he spoke.

“Kyungsoo-yah, if Baek and I are drowning in water, who would you save first?” he asks, a smirk playing on his lips. Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow at him, as if contemplating if it is worth responding to Chanyeol’s question. Wordlessly, he brought the ramen to the table and sat down to start eating. Chanyeol followed him to the table, curiosity and excitement making him clumsier than ever as he hit his leg on the chair.

“Owww!! that hurt!”

A low chuckle from the smaller man made Chanyeol scowl in his direction as he sat down on the chair. “Why do you always enjoy my pain Soo!?”

“Are you secretly a sadist?” Chanyeol continuous after a pause, smirking again at Kyungsoo.

“Go away Chanyeol ah. I want to eat in peace” Kyungsoo responds at last, sighing as he stuffs another spoonful of ramen in his mouth.

“Answer my question and I’ll leave you alone” Chanyeol promises, beaming at Kyungsoo in triumph.

“Neither of you. Its good riddance. I’ll finally have a peaceful life” Kyungsoo nonchalantly says, not even looking at the other. Chanyeol gasps.

“You’re so mean Soo! But really, if you had to, who would you save?” Chanyeol tries again, scooting closer to Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo finally looks at Chanyeol and stares at him for a few seconds. If it was anyone else, they would have been scared by his sharp stare. But Chanyeol is used to them. He doesn’t even budge, knowing it’s just Kyungsoo thinking.

“Hmm… I’d save Baekhyun” Kyungsoo answers before going back to his now almost empty bowl. Chanyeol beams, wiggling his eyebrows. “Why? Because you like Baekhyun more?”

“Because you can swim and he can’t. Now leave me alone like you promised. I have an early schedule tomorrow” Kyungsoo rolls his eyes as he gets up to wash his empty bowl.

Chanyeol’s grin dies down in disappointment as he hears the youngers logical explanation. Ofcourse! Always the logical one. He grumbles in his mind as he scowls at Kyungsoo heading to his room.

Chanyeol barges into Baekhyun’s room only to find Baekhyun dropping his phone on the bed, startled. The latter immediately starts to fumble for his phone and furiously presses the home button. A smirk crawls up on Chanyeol’s face.

“Ogling at Soo’s pictures Baek?” he asks as he folds his arms. Baekhyun looks at him in surprise.

“Wha- what are you talking about? D-don’t be silly Yeol” Baekhyun stammers, eyes wide and hands reaching for his neck.

“I know all about your little crush on a certain short penguin Baek. No use denying it” Chanyeol reveals as he makes his way to the bed, plopping down and laying on his back, legs dangling from the edge. He turns to look at Baekhyun still staring at him wide eyed. He pushes himself up again, now sitting on the bed.

“And I’m gonna help you win him!”