Chapter 2

Lost Cause

After Iseul dried herself off, she could already feel the side effects of the cold but she ignored it and powered through. She still had to clean up the mess in the living room, made by whichever one of her husband’s rude friends. Iseul brought the cleaning equipment and almost hurled herself as she saw all the sick on the floor; the smell didn’t help either. She was never the one with the strongest stomach when it came to these sorts of things.

A sigh elevated off of her lips and she bent down and tried to clean up the carpet. All the while she sniffled uncontrollably. Iseul paused and brought a tissue to her nose, trying to stop it from running again. She resumed scrubbing the carpet, putting her muscles into action until they would burn with tire.

“What are you doing?”

Iseul’s head snapped back in surprise of the voice. She saw Byunghun stood perfectly a yard away from her. She sniffled once more before replying, “What does it look like?” she turned back and began cleaning again, “I’m cleaning the mess your lovely friends made”

Byunghun furrowed his brows at her remark. Before he retorted back, Iseul sneezed once, and then twice again.

“Why are you sneezing so much?” Byunghun asked. Iseul felt the need to scoff. It had been the first time probably that he held a conversation with him saying more than two words. And plus it was the first time he bother Iseul about her well-being. She should have been touched by it but all she could think of was how it was six months late for that.

Iseul dropped her cleaning tools in the bucket and stood up, “Why does it matter?”

Nara came over and evaluated the sight; she smirked lightly, “Huh, sorry about that; next time I’ll make a bigger mess” she said to Iseul regarding the vomit on the floor. Iseul held onto her anger a little longer.

Nara turned to Byunghun, “We’re all going out to get something better to eat. The food here , you want to come?”

Iseul ignored the insult about her food and rolled her eyes at the fact how Nara almost made the kitchen sound like a restaurant. She sneezed suddenly, catching it in her hands.

Nara frowned, “Ew, Byunghun, we should leave now before we catch some dirty disease from her”

Byunghun glanced at Nara, who had been looking at Iseul wondering what had gotten into her, “Um...one second, I’ll be with you in a minute”

Nara nodded and went to wait in the hallway with the rest of the boys, but managed flash a scary look at Iseul. Once she left Byunghun turned back to Iseul who was ready to take the cleaning equipment and leave, “Yah, are you ill?”

“No” she replied simply.

“Yes you are, you’re sneezing and sniffling” he reached out to touch her forehead. Iseul flinched backward when she felt Byunghun’s fingers on her skin. Byunghun retracted his hands and shoved them in his pockets.

“I’m fine, now don’t you have to go somewhere else?” Iseul said.

Byunghun stood there silently, battling with himself whether to believe her or not, ‘’s sake, why does it matter? I’m going’ he concluded in his head but moved nowhere. Iseul waited for him to leave but he just stood there, locking eyes with her.

“BYUNGHUN! HURRY UP!” One of the boys called from the hallway.

Iseul inwardly sighed, “You’re friends are waiting for you” She walked away from the scene and went into the kitchen. She sneezed another time. She heard them call for her husband again and this time, she was sure they all left, including Byunghun.

 

The rest of the day was like a mini torture. As much as Iseul tried to deny she was ill, she carried on with her daily routine with a stuffy nose, making it hard for her to breath and sneezing at unexpected moments multiple times.

Near the end of the day she slumped into bed, and sighed, “Ugh...I really am ill...” She took some cold syrup and put some vapour rub to help her with her nose.

Iseul tried hard to sleep but the discomfort she was feeling caused her to be wide awake. Her stuffy nose made it hard to breathe so she would wake up almost every half hour. She finally decided to get out of bed and get some more of that cold syrup.

It was roughly two in the morning when she got down to the kitchen. Iseul suddenly heard loud voices and tumbling through the kitchen door. The loud sounds were giving her a pounding headache.

“Byunggie~” Nara cooed, “Why do we have to come here?”

Byunghun ignored her question. He was the only one half sober, since he was the one driving. The boys all settled, not noticing Iseul’s presence.

Only Rick saw her and pointed her out to the rest, “Jeez, you look horrible” he stated with a hiccup and then passed out. A wave of snickers was heard by Iseul, so she just decided to leave the room and go for her own.

Byunghun noticed the state she was in. He was ready to leave the rest and check up on her but Nara pulled him back.

“Byunggie, stay with me, neh?” She slurred.

He groaned inwardly, hating the vulnerable look Nara gave him. He caved in and settled beside her, not realising sleep came over him.

 

Hey!! ♥

Byunghun...you pabo~