Chapter 6

Lost Cause

Byunghun swatted away whoever was shaking him to wake up. He groaned drowsily and buried his face further into the pillow. The smell seemed to put him in a drunken state; worse affect than alcohol.

Niel and Chunji shook their friend’s shoulder, urging him to get up. “Come on L.Joe. Get that fat out of bed. We’re going out!” they whined.

Byunghun shook his head, “I don’t want to” his voice was muffled by the pillow, hugging tightly and pulling back the covers around him.

Niel and Chunji looked at each other and nodded.

 

“Please, please, please noona!” Ricky and Changjo were both knelt down on the floor, begging Iseul to get ready and come out with them. Iseul was very unsure about this. She had no idea what kind of things they did outside and experiencing them returning drunk and tired, she really didn’t want to know.

“No thank you boys but I prefer to stay” she said. The two boys pouted, “Please noona”

Their jutted bottom lip and clasp hands under their chin made it so hard for Iseul to reject the two. She looked away, “No boys”

Ricky and Changjo stood up, “CAAAAAP HYUUUNG!!”

Iseul suddenly looked at the younger boys in surprise. CAP’s head poked out from the kitchen door. He was munching on a piece of toast, “What?”

Ricky pointed at Iseul, “She’s not agreeing”

CAP nodded with understanding. “Stand back boys and let the real man take care of it”

He hoisted Iseul over his shoulder and made his way up the stairs. Iseul squealed in shock and pounded her fist on his back, “Bang Minsoo, PUT ME DOWN!”

When there were upstairs they could already hear another set of voices.

“YAH! LET ME GO! I WANNA SLEEP!” Byunghun shouted as he was dragged by both arms out of the bedroom. Byunghun and Iseul shared a look and eyed each other’s situations before screaming again.

“PUT ME DOWN!”

“LET ME GO!”

CAP propped Iseul in the door way of the bedroom and patted her head, “Wear something pretty” and then left.

While this happened, Niel and Chunji pushed Byunghun into the bathroom as his hands were gripping firmly at the door frame.

Niel threw a towel at him, “You my friend, get washed and ready. Meet us by the door in half an hour”

Byunghun groaned, shooting a murderous look at Niel and Chunji. He closed the door in their faces and reluctantly got ready. It wasn’t long before he was downstairs with his friends by the door. They all seemed to be waiting for just one more person. Iseul.

“Ah, why is noona taking so long?” Changjo whined.

“Someone go up and check she hasn’t died” CAP requested. All heads turned to look at Byunghun who was leaning against the wall, staring at the floor. He looked up slowly hearing the abnormal silence and not to mention feeling their intense gazes, “What?”

Chunji widened his eyes as if to say ‘you know what’. But still Byunghun decided to play the oblivious one.

Niel gave him a slight push towards the stairs, “Go get Iseul!” he pushed him another time. Byunghun gave him a surprised look and tried to turn back, “Eh? Why me? No you go”

As much as he tried, all five boys joined in to shove him up the stairs.

“Because she’s your wife!” Ricky commented. Byunghun stopped resisting. That’s right. Iseul was his wife. Maybe it was time to accept that.

“Aish, fine, whatever” Byunghun ruffled his hair in annoyance and climbed the stairs. He stood outside the door, holding his hand out to reach the door knob but stopped. He decided to knock first but his fist would come any closer to the door.

He raised his hand again but before he could do anything, the door opened letting a gust of wind blow past.

Iseul stood dead in her tracks, seeing Byunghun in front of her, so close. She tried to look anywhere but his face, considering the fact she had just found out about him and Nara, but somehow her eyes were drawn to his.  She didn’t know exactly what to do or say either. He just stood there.

Byunghun took everything in. Her golden eyes, pink lips, flushed cheeks.

It was the first time since the wedding he had seen her make an effort for herself. Iseul had done her hair, put on some make up and even found her favourite dress to wear. He suddenly realised that he was staring at her for far too long. He cleared his throat, “They’re waiting for you”

He turned around and walked down the stairs as Iseul quietly followed. As they reached down, the boys looked at Iseul in awe.

“Wah, noona is pretty~” Ricky chimed with a Cheshire cat smile. The boys nodded in agreement. Byunghun cleared his throat again, gaining his friend’s attention, “I think we should go now”

They agreed once again and left the house.

 

Whilst walking, Iseul walked ahead with Ricky and Changjo on either side of her. The three were talking animatedly about something that probably wouldn’t have made sense to the other guys who walked behind them, occasionally listening in on the conversation as curiosity got the better of them.

Byunghun shoved his hands down his trouser pockets. His eyes landed on Iseul for the hundredth time. She looked wonderful. The way she smiled; why had it been only now he had seen it?

‘Right...because I’ve been a crap husband’ he thought.

Chunji nudged Byunghun, “You’ll burn a hole in her” he gave Byunghun a sly smirk. Byunghun looked helplessly shocked, “Wh-I don’t know what you’re talking about”

Byunghun looked somewhere else and tried to control the path of his eyesight.

Iseul looked back at the boys and smile, “Where are we going then?” She linked arms with Rick and Changjo as she walked backwards so that she could talk to the ones walking behind her.

CAP smiled, his sunglasses hiding his crescent shaped eyes, “We are going to-”

“Let’s go Noraebang hyung!”

“No! Lotte World!”

“No way! We went there last time!”

CAP scowled, “You didn’t let me finish morons”

The boys stayed quiet and waiting for their hyung to finish. CAP gestured Niel to come closer and he whispered something in his ear. Immediately Niel smiled and nodded with a sense of evil to him. He quickly passed it on to Ricky, then Changjo and then Chunji.

Iseul and Byunghun were standing there waiting to be told but they received nothing.

“Yah, where are we going?” Byunghun asked. Iseul nodded unconsciously, also wanted to know.

The boys looked at each other and suddenly grabbed Iseul’s and Byunghun’s shoulders, using their much practiced pushing skills to force them into a building that was in front of them

Iseul and Byunghun were both hopeless in overcoming the boys. Byunghun was the first to scold them, “What the hell? What are you doing?”

Iseul tried turning back but the more further they went inside, the more she realised there was no way out. 

They all came to an abrupt stop. Iseul and Byunghun turned to glare at the smug boys. “See ya!” The boys left as quickly as they had pushed Iseul and Byunghun into the building. The two were left dumbfounded and awkward.

Iseul glanced at Byunghun, who did the same. They immediately looked away as they met each other’s eyes.

A voice from behind them caught their attention, “Ah, Mr and Mrs Lee, we’ve been expecting you”

 

YAY! No more exams until May!! :D I am so glad~

I love your comments about Nara, makes me laugh! Luckily for you guys, there might be just one more Nara free chapter!