Chapter 7

Lost Cause

Iseul and Byunghun both turned towards the source of the voice. There stood a middle aged man, dressed immaculately in his black and white tuxedo. The tails of his jacket forked out and a white cloth rested on his arm. He gave the couple a warm smile and continued talking upon noticing Iseul and Byunghun were too surprised to.

“Please, if you both could follow me and I shall show you to the changing rooms” he gave another smile and his heel to walk.

Both Iseul and Byunghun looked at each other with the same worried expression. They walked after him with millions of questions in mind.

“Excuse me sir, but what do you mean by changing room?” Iseul asked.

“Where are we going?” Byunghun questioned. Both hurried after the man who simply stayed quiet with an amused smile plastered on his face.

The suited man stopped in front of two doors. He faced Iseul and Byunghun. His hands clasped together in front of him, “You will find your change of clothes inside.” As he was about to leave the couple to go in through the doors, he paused and looked at them for a final time, “Mr. Bang has told me to notify that all instructions should be followed, otherwise, in his own words, he will show how much of a man he can be.”

The man left the two. They looked at each other nervously but quickly looked away. Iseul's heart drummed against her chest; it was like she would explode if she was left another second alone with Byunghun.

“We should do what he says” Iseul rambled quickly, rushing in through the door having Byunghun only just about hear what she said. Before he could go to his changing room, Iseul came out again.

Byunghun gave Iseul a confused look. Her face was pink with shyness and embarrassment. She looked anywhere but Byunghun’s face and quickly mumbled, “Wrong room” and tried for a final time to go into the right changing room.

Unconsciously, Byunghun's lips curled into a subtle bemused smile as he watched Iseul go into the room. ‘She's cute’

He cleared his throat awkwardly as the thought relayed in his head as if he had said it aloud and went through his door. When he had finished, he came out and waited patiently for Iseul to come out.  

Byunghun’s patience soon ran out and he knocked on the door, “What’s taking so long?”

He heard shuffling from the inside and then his wife’s voice, “I don’t want to come out. You go without me”

Byunghun sighed, “No, I think you should come out, now. It can’t be bad”

Iseul was still stubborn, “Easy for you to say, what are you wearing?”

“Yah, get out here or I’ll force my way in” Byunghun threatened. There was silence and then the door creaked open. Iseul poked her head round the door and eyed up Byunghun. He was wearing simple shorts and carried a life jacket in his arms. She immediately pouted, “See, yours is less...less...”

Iseul gave out a small whine and shut the door again. Byunghun shook his head and did not fail to follow through his threat. He barged through the door and saw Iseul putting on a jacket and zipping it up, “I’m ready”

Byunghun’s eyes followed her entire body. They seemed to be magnetized all towards her long bare legs.  It didn’t help him either as his mind wandered off, thinking of what Iseul would look without the jacket.

Iseul’s face reddened as she felt his intense gaze on her. She coughed quietly, trying to get his attention, “We should go” she said quietly and left the room with Byunghun following after her, shaking his head to bring him back to reality.   

The suited man had returned and smiled warmly once again, “This way please”

Iseul and Byunghun followed close, both trying to avoid looking at each other. However, Iseul’s glanced at him. She had never seen so much skin from him before. She looked back down to the floor. Hell, she had never revealed so much skin before either.

It was uncomfortable having to be stared at.

Byunghun tapped the man’s shoulder, “Where are we going exactly?”

The man pointed towards a double door a few feet away from them, “Through here Mr. Lee. Mr. Bang had organized a series of activities in the centre just for you two”

He opened the door revealing a large pool in the centre of the great hall-like room. There were tanks positioned in every part of the room. Iseul’s eyes glittered as she looked around, “We...we can go up close to them right”

The man nodded. Iseul’s smile was getting wider by the second. She rushed to the first tank and climbed up a series of steps and peered over the edge.

Byunghun watched, quite dumbfounded and lost. He watched as Iseul would dip her fingers every now and again to meet with the exotic fish that came up to the surface. He cleared his throat again for having such weird thoughts about her. He turned to the man once again, “So, is that all?”

“Oh no, the pool is where the dolphins will be. You’ll have someone to guide you along when the time comes. There’ll be plenty more to come” he said and left them to it.

Byunghun’s attention was returned to Iseul again upon hearing her giggle. He crept up the small staircase. Iseul hadn’t even noticed; she was too absorbed with the tickling feeling she received from the nibbling fish.

He noticed the unique curve in her lips, causing a small dent in her cheeks hat formed a subtle dimple. Byunghun suddenly found himself edging closer to her and leaning over the edge as well.

His fingers flicked about in the water, causing some fish to surface.    

Iseul finally noticed how close he was to her. The heat radiated off her skin, causing Byunghun to notice how red she was in the face.

‘So she does like me... huh’

Their eyes came in contact and Iseul looked away, towards another tank.

“Oh, let’s go there!”

She skipped off to the other tank, hiding her blushing face and leaving a smirking Byunghun watching her run off. He cleared his throat again, straightening up as if someone was watching him act like this and then followed after his wife.

 

So, I wanted to make the whole date thingy a bit more unique than other fanfics where its a simple dinner and whatnot~

I hope you like it! There'll be more next chapter so I guess probably another Nara free chapter! YAY! :D