Final

Lost Cause

“I slept with your husband!”

“I slept with your husband!”

“I slept with your husband!”

 

Iseul finally snapped out of her small daze as Byunghun called her. She and the boys were now having dinner at the table, talking animatedly. However all she could think of was Nara’s words. It hadn’t bothered her at first but maybe she was just saying because she was in denial of it.

“Iseul” Byunghun called again.

She finally let go of her thoughts and looked at Byunghun. She smiled, thinking how lucky she was, and how incredibly happy she was, “Neh?”

He kissed her cheek and smiled back, “You look cute”

Iseul’s face flushed in shyness. She opened to speak but no words came so she quickly ate a spoonful of food and hid her face. Byunghun chuckled lightly, his eyes forming crescent shapes and his smile brighter than ever.

“That got your attention” Byunghun whispered in her ears; the hot air being blown caused her to blush even more.

Ricky stopped talking to Niel for a moment and noticed Iseul’s state, “Noona, are you okay? You’re red in the face”

Iseul quickly waved her hands in front of her, “It’s really nothing” she tried to dismiss, causing Byunghun to laugh softly a little more. She shot a look at him to silence him. He composed himself and bit his lip to control his smile.

The group finished off their dinner and the five boys left the couple in their home. Iseul slumped into the sofa and it wasn’t long before Byunghun was beside her, “Hi yeobo”

Iseul turned her head to him abruptly; she was still adjusting to the couple names Byunghun used. “I just saw you a few seconds ago” she giggled. Byunghun gave a sweet eye-smile, “Long enough for me to miss you”

Inside, Iseul wanted to squeal with delight. Byunghun was being so ridiculously sweet she was beginning to think if she could handle it. She felt his arms go round her waist and pull her closer to him. Iseul could now feel his breath in top of her lips and then a softness press against them. She was kissing Byunghun for the first time.

She almost froze on the spot but hesitantly placed her arms around him as well, kissing him back. Byunghun pulled away, almost causing Iseul to whimper in disappointment. The feeling of his lips was divine and she wished it lasted longer. Her thoughts were dishevelled now because of the sparks of the kiss.

“B-Byunghun?”

He hummed in response.

“I er, need to make a quick phone call, okay” she said, pulling out her cell to show him. Byunghun pouted but released his arms.

“Okay, I’ll go up to bed first” he replied. Iseul nodded and smiled reassuringly. Once he was upstairs, she rapidly dialled down the numbers and placed the phone by her ear.

“Yo! CAP speaking!”

Iseul cleared , “Er...Minsoo, could you do me a favour?”

“Yeah, sure, what is it?”

Iseul began to fiddle with her fingers in nervousness, “You remember why I was going to leave right? You see, I can’t stop thinking about it”

She heard CAP growl, “Yeah, that conniving little-”

“Minsoo, vulgarities!”

CAP cleared his throat, “Sorry about that. You want to check it out right?”

“Please?” Iseul did a little pout even though it wouldn’t be seen.

“Don’t worry; consider it done”

Iseul thanked him gratefully and ended their conversation knowing her husband was waiting for her upstairs.

 

Next afternoon, Iseul made her way to CAP’s office. Surprisingly, he owned a night club in the middle of the city and it was quite popular. Luckily, the club hadn’t opened up yet so Iseul made her way to the office door in peace.

 She knocked before entering and smiled in her friend, “Well, did you find anything?”

CAP gestured her to sit down and pointed to a small TV; it seemed to be a video tape from the hotel.

“How did you get that?” Iseul asked in amazement.

“The security guy there has a pretty big tab here so we did a little negotiating” CAP explained. The tape kept rolling until she saw two familiar faces. Nara was by the reception desk with a very drunk Byunghun being carried by her. Iseul pouted; even though she and Byunghun were together, seeing that wasn’t a nice feeling.

On the screen, Byunghun was half asleep, until he puked all over Nara’s clothes. The disgusted face of Nara almost made Iseul and CAP laugh. Nara had now handed Byunghun over to one of the workers and left the hotel in an angry state.

CAP paused the tape, “She didn’t come back until the morning so you can relax now”

Iseul sighed in relief. It was like all the baggage and weight of the past had been attached to her and now finally, she could let it all go. It was a great feeling. She sunk back in her seat and smiled, “Thanks Minsoo!”

CAP saluted, “No problem, anything for L.Joe’s girl”

“I’ll see you later then. Meeting up with Byunghun”

She bade farewell to CAP and hailed a taxi to her next destination.

 

Byunghun stood by the gate of the park and checked his watch for the time. He suddenly received a phone call from CAP.

“Hey, did you do what I asked?” Byunghun quickly address, wanting to find out as soon as possible.

CAP chuckled, “No way you did it man”

“Seriously?”

“100%”

Byunghun sighed as relief washed over him, “Thanks hyung”

“No problem; you look after that girl okay”

Byunghun hummed in agreement. His eyes met with Iseul’s as she walked up to him. A smile formed on his lips as if by instinct. He hung up his phone with a small goodbye without waiting for CAP to respond.  His hands found Iseul’s and their fingers intertwined with each others as he pulled her for a small peck on the lips, which ended up longer than bargained for.

Pulling back, he rested his forehead on Iseul’s and smiled with his teeth. He felt extra happy knowing he was faithful to her the whole time, “Saranghae yeobo~”

Iseul giggled and placed a small kiss on Byunghun’s nose, “I love you too”

Byunghun lead her by hand and they walked to a milkshake stand within the park and bought her favourite flavour. They walked down the sandy path, swinging their hands like usual couples would do. Iseul was glad of that.

She her lips as she took another sip from the straw and asked timidly, “So...what’s next for us?”

Byunghun glanced at Iseul before looking up at the sky in thought, “Children.” He said seriously and very bluntly causing Iseul to nearly spit up the milkshake in . Byunghun laughed and kissed her cheek, “Of course when we’re ready”

Iseul nervously laughed, “Ehe, right...”

“Or we could start tonight” Byunghun continued very nonchalantly making Iseul slightly stumble as she walked. “Yah, stop that”

Byunghun blinked, “Stop what?”

Iseul groaned and pouted, deciding to ignore her husband. Byunghun pinched her cheeks, cooing at how cute she was, “I love you Mrs Lee” he said in a sing song voice.

Iseul being still quite grumpy kept her pout on her face but replied in a very annoyed voice, “Neh, nado!”

The couple reached their home and for once, it was how it was supposed to be; Iseul and Byunghun. No other inappropriately rude parties or meddlesome individuals. Their marriage had once been a lost cause because of this but now, everything seemed to have fallen into place for the couple.

 

Byunghun and Iseul continued their lives as a married front and had three beautiful children and many grandchildren to come.

----------------------------------------------------------

THE END PEOPLE!

I hope you enjoed this short story~!

There will many more fanfics to come from me so look out for the name Dubulge!

THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO COMMENTED AND SUSCRIBED! I AM TRULY GRATFUL