Chapter 1

Lost Cause

Iseul's legs found themselves walking down the stairs after she had freshened up. They were getting slower as each day passed because she couldn't deal with the sight of Nara's head propped somewhere on Byunghun. Iseul's fingers clutched to the door knob and paused.

She took a deep breath of the cleaner air in the hallway and entered. Iseul would have avoided going into the room altogether, but it was the only way she could get to the kitchen. Just as expected, there lay her husband, Byunghun, and his friends passed out.

Iseul's angry stare carefully looked at all of them. This would be the last time they got her sympathy.

She walked into the kitchen and put in her headphones to drown out the silence, but also the light snores of the reckless people in her living room.

Iseul began to make breakfast for herself. Before she would use to make a hangover remedy for them all, but now, what was the point? They wouldn’t exactly appreciate her kind acts anyway.

 

 

The loud music filled every cell of Iseul’s body and she found herself in her own world, until she heard the faint retching and hurling. No matter how loud the music was, she would be always returned to reality.

Iseul hesitated at first; she didn’t want to care for them at all but in the end, she peered through the kitchen door, which had slight translucent windows. She couldn’t tell properly but someone had thrown up all over the carpet.

The anger spilled through her blood. It was the carpet she picked out to perfectly with the room. It was her carpet, in her living room, in her house. She breathed sharply through her nose to calm her beating heart down and cool her boiling blood.

It took her a lot of strength not to burst into the room and kick them all out. But she didn’t want to do that; Byunghun would hate her even more than he already did.

She turned her back and cleaned up the dishes before she ate her breakfast. The moment she turned she stopped in her tracks.

The one she knew as Bang Minsoo was munching away at her breakfast. The breakfast she made for herself. No one else.

Minsoo looked at her and continued eating the scrambled eggs with a careless facial expression.

Iseul pursed her lips hard till the flesh became white. She stormed out of the kitchen only to bump into Kim Nara; the woman she envied for being so close to Byunghun.

“Yah, watch where you’re going, idiot!” Nara screeched furiously.

Byunghun intervened with a confused expression, “What’s going on here?”

As Iseul was about to explain, Nara had gotten there first, “Your idiot wife is too blind to see where she’s going and bumps into me” Although she was speaking to Byunghun, she kept her eyes on Iseul, venting out imaginary lasers to disintegrate Iseul’s presence.

Byunghun growled, “You, I’ve told you before to be polite to my guests” he scoffed and walked into the kitchen, with Nara following close behind. Nara gave Iseul one final glare before heading into the kitchen.

Iseul was marched out into the garden and sat down on the step. Her fingers with frustration run through her hair, “Why does it have to be like this?” she mumbled to herself.

 

Meanwhile, in the kitchen Byunghun and his friends quietly ate their breakfast, avoiding loud noises to trigger their headaches even more.

Byunghun looked carefully around the kitchen. The one thing for sure that got rid of his hangover was the concoction of whatever it was that he assumed Iseul always made. He was expecting it to be in its usual glass jug on the counter, by the cooker.

But it was nowhere to be seen. He shrugged it off and went for an aspirin instead.

 

Iseul was crouched on the garden floor, digging at the soil with her trowel, turning the soil over and occasionally pulling away the weeds. Gardening calmed her down whenever she was angry at Byunghun and his friends.

Her stomach growled violently, but she ignored the feeling. It was nothing compared to the hurt she felt every single day, seeing Byunghun act the way he did.

Iseul heard hushed snickering from behind her and before she could turn to see who it was, icy water poured down her whole body. She gasped as the coldness pricked her body like a needle. Iseul immediately stood up and looked down at the damage of her clothes.

She looked at the culprits and saw Niel and Chunji laughing crazily, clutching on to their stomachs and wiping away tears.

Her body trembled as the cold got to her. He bottom lip quivered a little. ‘Don’t you dare cry, Iseul! Don’t you dare!’

“What’s all the noise?” Byunghun asked with a stern voice and eyed the situation from the garden door. Iseul hurriedly pushed past him before the tears would fall uncontrollably down her face.

Byunghun watched her with a curious expression and she leapt up the staircase. He turned to the two boys, still trying to hold in their laughter. “Yah, you two, do you really think it was that funny?” he scolded and left them two alone. Niel and Chunji were quite confused at first but then ended up on the floor again, in fits of laughter.

Iseul slammed the bedroom door shut and hastily locked it. Her fists clenched as the first thing she saw was the her reflection in the mirror. Her clothes and hair were drenched and her eyes and nose were red.

‘I’m going to catch a cold if I don’t change’, she thought. But Iseul took her time to change out of her clothes. She didn’t care if she caught the cold, or if she was diagnosed with some suffering flu there and then.

As she rid her clothes, the coldness increased and she shivered more. A sneeze echoed through the room. ‘Who cares?’ she thought as she knew she had already caught a cold now.

Nobody cared, nobody but her.

 

Annyeong~

Thank you to my first 13 suscribers! Means a lot! :D
I hope you like the first chapter...

Story will be short, more or less 10 chapters  ♥

ByeBye x