Part 2: Notebook and Criminals

Alright Oppa?

     Everything felt like a dream, a dream too good to be true. As you walked home, you repeatedly pinched your cheeks just to make sure everything was real. It was! Your heart was still thumping like crazy. Ah come on! Slow down! You put your hand on your heart and closed your eyes. Just thinking about the about the events, gave you goosebumps. He asked for your name! You shrieked and then grinned. Putting your hands in your pockets, you realized it was getting cold. You yawned. As you just finished yawning, your phone rang. Yeonji had gone home before you so, maybe it was her. Does anyone else even call you except her!? Laughing, you picked up the phone.

“Annyeong?”

“It’s me!” Yeonji yelled from the other side.

“I know, I know!” You yelled back, “Did you reach home safely?”

“Yes, I did. Where are you?”

“Walking home. But not quite feeling like going back…” You realized your face was freezing. “Geez, it’s getting so cold~”

“Today was such an awesome day~” she sang, “Why are you telling me you are cold? Don’t say pointless things…”

“You are such a ruthless friend! I just felt like telling you! You don’t even love me anymore~” you whined and laughed.

Seeing the convenience store in front of you, you realized you were hungry. Your stomach growled.

“Yeonji-ah, I’ll talk to you later, ok?” you spoke as you entered the store.

“Arasso. Be safe on your way, I heard the crime rate at night is higher. Bye bye!” she spoke grimly and hung up.

So, what did I need? Oh right, something to eat. You lazily wandered over to the food area, your stomach growling in hunger. As you were browsing the shelves, you noticed someone strange searching the shelves opposite you. You glanced at the person with the corner of your eyes. It seemed like a man, he was really tall but you couldn’t see his face as it was covered with a black mask. He was wearing an oversized jacket which was black as well and his hands were covered with gloves. He seemed weirdly suspicious. Omo! Was it a celebrity?! You glanced over at him again. Only celebrities and criminals most likely had this kind of getup. Oh no! What if it’s a criminal!? You realized you were sweating a lot. Quickly grabbing a packet of chips, you headed over to the counter.

“Jeogi…I think you dropped something…” the suspicious guy suddenly spoke out to you.

You slowly turned back. “Eh?” was the only word you could manage. Your hands were shaking and you gulped. The criminal is after me!

“There, there!” he pointed to your feet.

For some reasons, his voice was extremely familiar. It was deep and you felt like you heard it a lot of times before. You looked down to find your notebook. How could I drop them! You quickly kneeled down to pick it up, reminding yourself to keep calm. But your body was reluctant. You got up and started to almost run to the counter. When suddenly, you bumped onto someone.

“Yah, Chany-” the other guy stopped and looked down at you.

You glared at him. His voice was familiar-er than the other guy. He was dressed in the exact same way but was quite shorter than the first guy. Unable to think anything clearly, you couldn’t even stand. “Excuse me…?” he stared at you.

“The criminal’s partner!!” Shouting and screaming, you pushed the guy, and ran out the door. You realized you had dropped the packet as well as something else on your way but nope, it was impossible to go back now. They are going to kill me! As you ran out, you realized there was a really creepy looking minibus parked right in front of the store. It’s a gang, a gang! You sprinted to your home as fast as you could, frequently checking if they were following you.You ran so fast that when you reached your apartment, you were out of breathe and collapsed on the floor. Suddenly you realized that your hands felt empty. You dropped your notebook!! Waee!? Eottokhae~ You felt like crying, your heart ached. You just lost the most important thing in your life! Frustrated, you slapped yourself. It was all because of those goddamn criminals! If they were not there, nothing like this would have happened. But it was all excuses, you knew it was your fault for being careless and a coward. Involuntarily, you took your phone and called Yeonji.

“Hello, (y/n)-ah~” she greeted in a cheerful voice.

You wiped your tears and sobbed, “Yeonji-ah, Yeonij-ah, eottokhae!!”

“Why? What happened? Kaen chanha?” she sounded worried, “Why are you crying?(y/n)-ah!?”

You gulped, “I dropped my notebook….”

“What the heck!! Where?!” she almost shouted.

“The convenience store….”

“Go get it! It’s not far from your house!”

“I can’t…there are criminals! Yeonji-ah~” you cried and whined.

“Criminals? Are you crazy?” she didn’t seem to believe you.

You hung up. There’s no point in explaining this stupid, pointless stuff to anyone. Mianhae…Oppa… You felt like crying even more. After all these years of waiting, you finally met Chen. But now you went and ruined it all, you lost the one memento of your meeting. Endless tears rolled down your cheeks and slowly you were enraptured in sleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feeling cranky and sore, you woke up. Looks like you fell asleep on the floor last night. Checking your phone, you found 54 missed calls. All of these were from Yeonji as expected. You felt sorry and called her.

“Yah yah yah! Who do you think you are! You hung up on me!? Don’t talk to me ever again, you fake!” she shouted angrily.

“Mianhae, Yeonji-ah… I was just too pissed off at myself… Sorry…” you tried to sound as apologetic as you could.

Yeonji clicked her tongue, “Sorry won’t do. You are meeting me right now. Get ready!”

“But I don’t feel like going anywhere…” you mumbled.

“You have to! Ok fine, don’t call me and meet me and talk to me ever again!”

“Ah… where are we meeting?”

“I’m coming to get you, in 20 mintues!”

“Ok…”

You really didn’t feel like going. Looking over at Chen’s poster on the wall, you again felt like crying. Without even having breakfast or combing your hair, you changed and headed out.

Just as you reached downstairs, you saw Yeonji trotting over to you. She was dressed up in a really elegant coat and looked extremely mature for her age. Why the hell is she so decked up? You felt suspicious and looked down at your clothes. They were just a plain black t-shirt and baggy trousers. You looked homeless. As you approached her with a dull expression, she ran and hugged you.

“How are you?” she sang. Maybe she wanted to cheer you up.

You gave out a depreesed smile, “I’m...good I guess…” You sighed and looked around, “So, where are going?”

Yeonji grinned, “First, to the convenience store!”

“Waeee!?” you glared at her, “I am never ever going to that place!”

“We are going to search for the notebook, pabo-yah!”

There was a sinking, reluctant feeling in your heart as Yeonji dragged you away.

An unknown feeling of fear and embarrassment shrouded your heart as you stood in front of the store. You didn’t feel like going inside. But unlike you, Yeonji beamed with confidence and passion. How can she be so confident? Just as you stepped in, the shopkeeper nearly jumped and stood up.

“Annyeonghaseyo~” both of you greeted together and bowed.

He bowed back at you. Realizing he was looking at you intently, you felt uncomfortable. You tried to tame your bed hair. Do I look that funny? Yeonji went closer to the shopkeeper and leaned on the counter.

“Excuse me, shopkeeper-nim, have yo-” she couldn’t finish her sentence when the man interrupted.

He poked his temple and then jumped and pointed at you, “You! You are crazy girl from last night! The frantic woman!”

Huh~!! You looked down, embarrassed. Yeonji glanced at you and then at him.

“W-wait! What do you mean?” she caught the shopkeeper’s shoulder and glared at him, “She says there were criminals here?”

You felt so embarrassed that you wanted to hide. But then you also had to know about the criminals, so you glared at him as well.

The shopkeeper was taken aback. “Criminals!? Seriously? She was the one who ran off all of a sudden!” he exclaimed angrily.

“Who were the people with the black clothes?” you squealed.

The man looked hesitant. He patted the side of his head and knotted his eyebrows.

“You ever heard of EXO? The handsome guys from SM? You, know…the boyband!?” he asked you guys carefully, “they were them.” His voice was in a whisper.

Whaat!? Your eyes were so wide that it seemed like they would pop out any minute. Yeonji was frozen, her face was cold and stiff, one of her eyebrows raised.

“What’s wrong? You don’t know them?” the shopkeeper looked at both of you worriedly.

Yeonji suddenly giggled, “Have you seen a notebook? If not, bye. And yes we do know EXO, more than you Ahjusshi!” She spoke so quickly even you couldn’t understand. As the man looked at her confusedly, she turned towards you, grabbed your arm so tightly your veins were going to explode and dragged you out. Her eyes shot fire and her face seemed like she was going to gobble you any moment.

“Youuu!!! Are you crazy?! That was EXO! EXOOO!! Our EXO!”she yelled so loud that the people in the streets peered at her, “Ah jinjja!” She stomped the ground and looked away angrily.

You were so shocked you didn’t know what to say. How could you not realize it was a celebrity!? A criminal would never walk openly and shop in a famous convenience store! You slumped your shoulders and sighed.

“That means the tall guy was… Chanyeol!” you looked at Yeonji, “That deep voice, how could I miss it!?” She rolled her eyes and looked away.

You slapped yourself. You were such a fool in front of them! Yeonji seemed pissed off.

“Then who was the other guy?” she asked you dully.

You thought for a minute, “The other guy was…” Omo! It was him! “Chen! It was Chen!” You jumped at Yeonji. What did I do~! You covered your face with your hands. You were so embarrassed, you wanted to die.

Yeonji clapped her hands sarcastically, “Wah~ chingu-yah! You were amazing! I’m soo proud of you!” she gave you an angry glare.

“Now come on! We are going somewhere else,” she dragged you as you followed her lifelessly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After walking for almost 20 minutes, you reached your destination. You looked around, unable to determine your exact location. After all that happened today, you felt like your brain was not even working.

“Where are we, Yeonji-ah?” you asked in a squeak as you were afraid she would roar at you anytime.

But seemed like she calmed down. She pinched your shoulder and grinned.

“Look there,” she pointed to a building.

It’s the SM Entertainment building! You stared at the building and then at her.

“It’s the SME building! Why are we here?” You asked her, amazed and curious.

Yeonji smirked, “Pabo chingu, today we are here to see EXO!” She beamed at you, “My sources said that EXO is coming here today!”

You never really knew what her sources were but you believed her as they always came to be true.

“When are they coming?” you asked and stared at the main gate. But immediately you had that sinking feeling. You could, at any cost, not meet EXO, especially Chen and Chanyeol.

“We have to wait only10 more minutes I guess. Come with me!”

You wanted to tell her about hiding but believed in her and followed her. You stood in front of a hot dog stand just opposite the building.

“We are going to pretend eating hotdogs and see them. Arasso?” she explained and ordered two hotdogs.

As Yeonji had said, you saw a minibus stop in front of the building exactly after 10 minutes. One by one, they got off the bus and looked around. Yeonji and you bit your hotdogs and watched them. Then all of a sudden, you saw Chanyeol calling Chen and whispering something to him. Hell! They both grinned at each other and then they were staring at you! You felt a sinking feeling in your stomach and quickly turned your back at them.

“Yeonji-ah, we should go! They saw me~!” you cried to her in a low voice. You felt like burying your face in the sand and just vanish. Yeonji did not reply. She was totally absorbed in stalking the guys, mostly Lay. Just when you were going to turn back and sneek away, you heard him calling you. Omo! Now what?

“Waegookin~!” he came running at you, a bright smile on his face. Your heart was pounding fast.

As he was running to you, Yeonji pushed you with her elbow and winked, “Omo! He’s coming! Talk to him!! I’m gonna go~” As you were going to grab her, she slipped and ran off. Why did you leave me, you stupid friend!

Chen braked in front of you, there was something in his hands. You were so flustered, you forgot to even breathe, let alone greeting him. He was so close, you just wanted touch his flawless face. But no, control, control.

“Annyeong, waegookin!” he grinned, “how are you?”

You couldn’t reply and stared at him with wide eyes. He handed over something to you.

“You dropped it yesterday…in the convenience store,” he smiled and pressed his lips to prevent laughing.

You went red instantly and you felt like your blood pressure had increased too much. Everything felt like a bittersweet nightmare. You looked down at the thing he gave you. It was your notebook! You covered your face with it to hide your embarrassment.

“K-k-k-kamsahamnida…” you managed to squeak a word. You felt dizzy, your body turning hot, “S-s-sorry… about yesterday…I-I was too scared…unnecessarily..” You hid your face even further with your notebook.

He laughed, “You were so funny!” He attempted to hold in his laughter but was blatantly failing in it, “Don’t worry about it! All of us laughed so hard that day!! Sorry about it though…” He gave his signature kitten smile. “Well I have to go now! I hope we meet again!” he held your hand for a second and started to walk away.

You really couldn’t breathe. You were going to say something when suddenly, you collapsed on the pavement. Your head felt dizzy and your vision was hazy. As your consciousness faded away, you heard familiar voices panic and a thousand footsteps rang in your ear. As your eyelids started to get heavy, you felt your body floating in air, strong sturdy arms carrying it and a sweet scent lingering on your nose.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f472d33475769495f376541774d513d3d2d3432323338373236372e313463353934313966626330363036343939323033393931353534302e6a7067