Part 8: Uproar

Alright Oppa?

Here you go guys! <3

Thanks for waiting and thanks for sticking with me even due to my faults! Saranghae saranghae neomu neomu saranghaeeee!!! 

And a little spoiler alert: Even though some of you might find this a bit of a drag off, I am telling you, it's how it works here in Korea, like trust me. They are crazier than international fans :3

Anyways kamsahamnida~ And like always keep supporting me! <3

~Author~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

             Yeonji's face, when you revealed the identity of your secret 'Neighbor Oppa', had a mix of weird emotions, you couldn't tell if it was surprise or happiness. You could tell that she believed you and didn't believe you at the same time. Maybe she was like 'Omoomoomoomo! My best friend is really dating EXO's Chen!' or maybe 'What the hell! I'm so not buying it, chingu-yah!' As you sat there waiting for a response, you realized that your fever had not yet gone. Your body felt heavy, so you leaned back on a pillow and rested your face on your knees. The weather really was unbelievably cold today.

 

"Y-Yeonji-ah...?" you mumbled weakly. Your phone was still in her hands and she seemed stuck for a response.

After a moment of silence, you saw her inhaling a deep breath. Passing you over your phone, she gave you a glance.

"I'm putting your medicines over there. Have them before sleeping and when you wake up. And there are also some vitamins that I bought on my way," after a short pause to breathe, she continued, "Take care."

What?! Before you could react, she took her bag from the table and left. Just like that. She was definitely angry. But about what? Was she angry that you got a boyfriend, that too, a celebrity before her? Was she jealous perhaps? No, there was no way she would be upset over something so trivial. You knew her well enough to conclude that. Apart from all that, you were worried she left so late at night. You glanced at the time. 12.17 am. Even though the part of the city you lived in was quite safe, there was still a tight knot in your stomach. After mustering all your courage, you finally called up her number. But as expected, she did not pick up. That stubborn girl... Sighing as you put your phone back down, it suddenly rang back. Hoping it was Yeonji, you looked at the screen. 'Neighbor Oppa' the screen displayed. You answered, taking in a deep breath to calm your nerves.

"Hello, oppa..." you coughed to clear your voice.

"Kaenchanha, (y/n)-ah?" his whining voice rang from the other side, "I called you so many times~" You could sense the worry in his voice.

"Sorry..." you mumbled, "And yeah, I'm fine now... don't worry..."

"Take rest, okay?" he spoke with his charm, blessing your ears, "By the way, is everything else alright? Who picked up the call before?"

"Ah...oppa," you let out a long sigh, "Mianhae, I messed up... It was Yeonji, she found out..." You didn't feel good at all; you wanted to forget whatever happened.

"The fighting lady, right?" he paused, "Ahh...eottokhae?"

"I'm sure she won't tell anyone, I know her... It's my fault..."

Chen sighed from the other side, "Yah, don't blame yourself! I never said dating me would be easy~ Anyways, what are you doing now? Have you eaten?"

Your heart fastened its pace, "Ah, me? I'm just lying down... Yeonij left a while ago, stormed off. I'm worried about her..."

"Why are you always worrying, waegookin-ah? Aren't you supposed to be the 'carefree, independent waegookin'?" his voice was both mischievous and calming, like a wind blowing over a field on a scorching summer day.

You smiled, "How did your day go? Busy?"

"Too busy! I had to attend three fanmeets in a row, that too outside of Seoul... Minseok-hyung is also doing his PhD so, imagine what he's going through..."

All of them worked so hard, they certainly deserved to be who they are now. In your mind, you resolved to make him some sangyetang one day.

"You must be so tired~" you mumbled in your feverish voice.

"Yeah..." Suddenly, you could hear some other voices from his side. The members! Your heart thumping steadily, you listened carefully, a smirk plastered on your face.

"Chen-hyung! Yeojachingu huh?" although it was muffled, you could clearly figure out it was Sehun's , sassy voice.

"Get out of my room, pabos!" Naturally, you broke out in a giggle hearing Chen's panicked, awkward voice.

"Chen-sshi, you have to keep focusing on EXO though... No matter how good it must be to be in love~" Of course, it was Suho-eomma.

"Suho-hyung~" Chen whined, "Get out, please, you two~"

You could hear them laugh and gradually there was peaceful silence on the other side.

"Mianhae, these noisy brats..." he grunted cutely, like a child, "You certainly are popular among the group~"

You giggled, a blush creeping up to your cheeks, "They are so cute! And you too~"

"But, my girlfriend is the cutest~" he sang.

An even deeper blush tinted your cheeks as your heart throbbed, rapidly but uniformly. You wanted to see him in person, feel his lips on yours one more time. His smell still lingered in your senses and talking to him did not help your urge to be satisfied.

"Oppa, I think you should sleep now? You must be really really exhausted." You felt reluctant, you wanted to keep hearing his voice forever and ever.

"Ah, arasso..." he sounded disappointed, and reluctant, which is a good thing, "You take care too..." He yawned, indicating his fatigue.

You responded with an 'hmm'. Even though you wanted to talk to him more and more, you had to let him rest properly.

After a brief moment of silence, he whispered, "(y/n)-ah? Can I... get a good night kiss?" his voice and his question made your heart skip a beat. You were so embarrassed, you didn't know what to say. You were inexperienced after all, you never knew how couples do these things.

Hearing your silence, he spoke again, "Ah...it's ok if you don't want to..." There was disappointment evident in his words.

A sudden impulse caused you lightly kiss your phone's screen. After all those years of waiting, the last thing you wanted to do was to let down the man you loved.

"H-here you g-go..." There, the stuttering has kicked in, "E-even though i-it's the phone's screen I kissed, I h-hope my feelings reached you haha." You laughed awkwardly, cursing yourself in your mind for ruining the mood.

You could hear him burst in laughter. Great. A moment after this, he talked, "(y/n)-ah!! Eottokhae~? How much more are you going to make me fall for you? Kyeo~" he paused for a moment. "*chu*" he giggled. Your heart galloped, so wild it seemed like it would tear out from your ribs. "E-even though i-it's the phone's screen I kissed, I h-hope my feelings reached you!" he imitated your voice and quoted your words, immediately bursting in playful laughter. "Jinjja~ I laughed too much! Thank you for the kiss~ Good night?"

You could only nod. And as the fool you were, you hung up without wishing him back. As soon as you dropped the phone in your bed, a sudden impulse caused you to scream out everything you were feeling. Whatever that was happening, it should better be real. You would kill yourself if you found yourself in your normal daily life after this dream was over. It was too wonderful to be real, and no matter how much you pinched your cheeks, it still didn't assure you enough. Your head spun, and you realized your fever might be rising. Slipping under your blankets, you wished it was not an illusion, not a crazy dream. These feelings, they were unknown. And for an instant, you realized you had so many other things to worry about. Were you being too selfish, not caring what was happening to all those other people you cared about? Your mom, Yeonji, your sister, you almost forgot about them, as if Chen was the only thing that was yours and that those people didn't matter anymore. With too many thoughts lingering in your mind, you closed your eyes and tried to sleep, Chen's peaceful face flashing in your dreams.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

           You couldn't sleep at all last night; too many thoughts filled your brain. They demanded their existence, their importance in your life. Since last night was sleepless, the next morning, your eyes had dark round circles under them. Even though you carelessly forgot to take the medicines according to Yeonji's instruction, thankfully the fever seemed to have gone on its own. You stretched your body, and that was when you realized you were forgetting something, something that seemed to have been important. Scratching your head, you took a glimpse at your phone. Oh right! You were supposed to call Yeonji. But just then you noticed there were some notifications pending to be seen. 4 notifications from fullkpop.com, a page you had subscribed way earlier back when you first got into kpop. And that was when it hit you. . !!! Your heart sank down to your stomach, drops of sweat trickled on your forehead. With a silent prayer, you clicked the link.

'Exo's Chen caught dating'

'The rumored girlfriend of Chen is a foreigner!?'

'Photos reveal intimate moments of Exo Chen and his mystey 'Waegookin''

You didn't know what to do. For a moment, you felt like the world stopped. No matter how hard you prepared yourself mentally, it still stung your mind. There were three posts related to this topic, until now. As you scrolled through the posts one by one, a feeling of unknown dread lurked in your mind. Exo was the biggest kpop group in Korea, and it was the first time they were caught dating a fan. It was a scandal, and not many fans will pleased by this. The photos clearly showed your face, and Chen's face too. But these were before they started dating so there was still a hope that they could be proved false. You didn't have the guts to check the comments, because you knew what was there. For the first time since meeting Chen, you wished this was all a bad dream, which would end any minute. Yes, you realized you were that much of a coward. So, bracing yourself, you dared to look through the comments once.

"Oppa betrayed mee!!"

"The girl isn't even pretty! That !! How could such an ugly take away my oppa!? Waeeee?"

The words stung your heart. A sigh escaped through your lips and you felt your eyes start to tear up. It was true you weren't pretty; it was true you didn't deserve him. But it was not you, who tried to snatch him away! You even thought you would never meet him again. Then why? Why was everyone blaming only you, and your face? But then again, if you were in their place, you would have done the same. You would have hated that girl; you would have even prayed she died. There were not only one or two comments; there were hundreds and hundreds of them in a single post. But no matter how surprising it was, there were a few, nice encouraging comments as well.

"I'd be so happy if it is true! Fighting both of you~ Be brave =) Although I still love Chen oppa..."

"We foreign fans have chance now! Kamsahae fellow Waegookini! <3"

A slight smile formed our face even though your heart ached. It was exactly what you had expected. And yet why did you feel so bad? Wisely, you decided not to read them anymore. Ignorance is bliss after all. The news was out now huh... All that was left now was a confirmation from SM which will undoubtedly deny the rumors. Then everything will go back to normal right? An uncanny guilt knocked your mind, as you called Chen, to know about the situation there. On the third ring, he answered.

"Good morning~" he greeted in English with his heavy Korean accent. He seemed to be cheerful. Did he not know?

"Good morning." No matter how much you wanted, you couldn't return his greeting with the same cheerfulness.

"Did your fever go down?" he asked carefully, yawning in the process.

"Yes," you replied meekly, "Did you just wake up?"

Another yawn. "Yeah, yeah, a while ago, " he said cutely, his voice sleepy.

"Do you have lots of schedule today?"

"Not many, basically dance practices all day..."

"Ah, I see..." you nodded unknowingly. You didn't want to ruin his mood, but you had to bring up the topic no matter what.

"Oppa..."

"Hmm?" he listened attentively.

"The rumor... it is out..."

"Yes, I know, Director Sooman called for me. I'll be there after a while," he replied with surprising leisure.

You thought silently. His reaction was too unnatural, or were you just overreacting? Maybe it was not a big deal after all.

"Don't worry, (y/n)-ah, everything will be fine."

"Yes..."

"Or... should I just introduce you to everyone?" you could imagine him grinning mischievously.

You whined, "Oppa~!!"

He chuckled, "Arasso~ Don't worry though, ok? I promise I'll meet you once this subsides down."

"I'll look forward to it," you smiled. You decided to not delay him anymore, "Okay then, oppa, I shouldn't make you late... Go meet Director-nim! I hope this goes well..."

"Take care! Fighting!"

"Fighting!"

Talking to him always helped. You felt like your heart was less burdened now, even though an ominous feeling prowled at the back of your head. Was it really not a big deal? Ahh! Eottokhae!? Chen's lax attitude towards the situation made you even more worried. You didn't want to ruin EXO's reputation, not like this. Perhaps, you would have been better off as an ordinary fan. Sighing, you recalled there was someone else you were also worried about. Anxiously, you dialed her number. One ring, two ring, three rings. Nope, she didn't answer. Voicemail was your only option now.

"Yeonji-ah...miahae. Mianhae, mianhae, mianhae! I don't know why you are being like this... and I'm sorry I didn't tell you about it..." you paused to breathe, "I was...I was just really afraid... I thought not telling anyone would be the best... You don't know how much I wanted to share this with you! Yeonji...I'm sorry, I'm really really sorry... Please pick up the phone! Kaenchanha? I'm really worried about you... Please..."

              You tried your best to let her know your true feelings. Now, all you could do was to wait for her reply. Grabbing a can of cold coffee, you decided to watch some TV to lift your mood. But just as you took the remote, you heard chaos outside, their voices muffled. Maybe there was a fight, you figured. But then you realized, the voices were mostly of women, girls to be more precise. Could it be, a ert? It seemed to be just outside your apartment. Unable to ignore it any longer, you walked to the balcony to check what was going on. Peeking down, your eyes widened as you saw the unbelievable crowd shouting when they saw you. A reflex action caused you to immediately duck down. , I'm ed...

"Come out, ugly !"

"Face us if you can!"

Chants of young teenage girls could be heard. What was this? You could even figure a significant number of them crying, wailing and sobbing. It was unbelievable.

"Give me back my Oppa!" a girl screamed at the top of her lungs, her words clearly hurled at you. You flinched, your body reluctant to move. Silently, you crept back to your living room on your hands and knees. Everything you feared, it was all right there. You the TV and changed through the channels. Until you stopped at a specific headline.

"Crowds of fans block SM Ent. Building"

It was breaking news in every entertainment and news channel.

"Uproar of teen girls at EXO's Chen rumored to be dating a fan"

"Rumored Gf of Chen cornered at her apartment"

"No official statement from EXO and SM yet"

What was happening? Was this a nightmare?

What was happening? Was this a nightmare?