Part 6: Doubtful Realities

Alright Oppa?

Thank you so so so much for the views!! <3 

I never thought I'd get so much support when I first started writing this :3 So, thank you everyone for showing me so much love and reading my work! <3 <3 Saranghaeyo~

P.S I'm sorry that I'm always uploading so late~ TT This time, actually, my keyboard had broken so I had to fix it and it took some time :3 Moreover my school has started as well TT

Anyways hope you like this part and don't forget to give me feedback!! 

Kamsahamnida~

~Author~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

     Even though you knew how risky it was to meet Chen in the current situations, you couldn't resist not seeing his face even when you had the chance. You knew that once you hear his pure healing voice, your storming heart could be at ease. You rushed your apartment to grab the extra clothing to cover yourself. You unlocked the door hastily and dashed to your closet to your closet, not stopping even for a breath. Grabbing a heavy dark jacket and a plain black mask, you hurried out of your home. I should text him... Dressing yourself as you walked, you took out your phone with your other hand.

"I'm on my way." You typed carefully.

Even though Haelu Square wasn't as far from your home, it seemed like as if the road was just not ending. You realized that the people walking around you were shooting weird glances at you. Are they thinking I'm a celebrity? You hid your face as you looked down and started to walk faster. You had to see him, that's all that was in your head. But just as you were spacing out, a thought crossed your mind. What if the phone call wasn't real? What if the reporter planned all of this? You stopped your pace and thought for a while. In this age of technology, nothing was impossible. There was a possibility that this was all a scam to frame Chen and defame him. Am I taking a wrong step? What should I do? You were engulfed in confusion when your phone vibrated.

"Where are you Waegookin!?~ Palli palli PALLI!!!"

You could almost hear him whining as you read the text. Fine then, I'm going. You took a firm breathe and walked decisively. All you had to do was to keep your guard up. And you could do that at least. At least...

"I'm almost there. How do I identify you?" you texted him.

He replied immediately, "I'll be wearing a red mask and sunglasses. Don't worry, you'll recognize me. Are you sure nobody followed you on your way?"

You glanced back and inspected with your eyes, trying to find someone suspicious. But nothing seemed out of the ordinary. "Nope! Okay, I'm there now..."

Haelu Square seemed quite a busy place when you had last visited a year ago. Ah so nostalgic... It was when you had first come to Seoul and did not have any friends. You still remember how lonely you felt that day, among so many busy unknown people. But unlike that day, the place was just about empty today. There were one or two passerby occasionally but it was not wrong to say that there was nobody. Maybe because it was mid morning or... maybe something was going to happen? That thought scared you. You gulped and looked around for a red-masked man. Taking a quick look around for a second time, you decided to text him.

"I can't find you!"

A reply came in a second, "But I did! Just wait~"

Just as you were going to turn back, you felt someone's warm breathe on your neck and ear from behind, "Waegookin, annyeong~" The whisper sent goose bumps on your body, at the same time making your face slightly redder. It was him, it was Chen. You felt so relieved that you felt like hugging him tight. But that's impossible~ Your heart feeling a bit lighter and your cheeks turning pinker, you turned back and smiled.

"Annyeonghaseyo, oppa~" you whispered back and slightly bowed your head. You never felt as happy in your life.

Even though his face was completely covered and even though you could not see his eyes or his mouth, you still knew it was him. Before you could say anything, he grabbed your hand and started to drag you. "First, come with me, we can't stand here. We'll talk after that." As his hand touched yours, you realized how soft and smooth his hands were. Your stomach twisted in nervousness as you walked with him. But you knew being nervous wouldn't help in this situation. You had to be brave enough to face what was coming and how you could deal with it.

Holding his hands, you walked until you reached a car that was parked in a remote street nearby. A car? No matter how much you trusted him, you still felt a bit hesitant to get in a car with him. You looked at him hesitantly. He opened the door for you, "Get in. And trust me, I won't do anything to you, I swear." His voice was serious and assuring. You took a deep breath and got in, still hesitating in your mind. Chen got in after you. Although the atmosphere inside was stuffy, you felt a bit relaxed. As you stared at him with eager, nervous eyes, he took off his glasses and mask, revealing his flawless face. He glanced at you and smiled.

"Thank you for trusting me, Waegookin..."

You bowed, "Umm..."

Seeing his face so close, you couldn't help but feel nervous. You felt as if something was stuck in your throat, making it difficult for you to talk. You knew your face was red already, so you tried to avoid eye contact. But one thing that you noticed about him was that he was avoiding eye contact as well. There was an awkward silence and the car got quiet.

"So... you met the fullkpop reporter...?" he asked and looked forward.

You nodded, "Yes..."

"What did she say?" he looked down and started to play with his fingers.

"She has our photos from when we met in front of SM and when we met in the convenience store...Oppa... eottokhae?"

"She plans to leak them as dating rumors, huh?"

"Yeah... but I told her it was impossible and..." you sighed, "you would never date a fan, that too a foreigner..." You looked at the window, "Now she wants money..."

He didn't reply. You glanced at him with the corner of your eyes. He is so flawless... He stopped playing with his fingers and was now spacing out. Is he angry? You frowned and waited for his reply, as you stared at the sky outside.

"Wae...? Why can't I?" he spoke after a while.

You looked at him confusedly. Just as you were going to say something, he asked again.

"Why can't I date a fan? Is it that impossible?" He looked down and then at the window at his side.

"Yes... because you are an idol... because you're an EXO member.... And because you are the king of so many girls' hearts..." you explained humbly, even thought it hurt you, "Now...what should I do about that reporter?"

"Can't I date her even if I like her?"

You heart flipping up and down, you glared at him. What the hell!? He likes a fan!? Amazed at the discovery, you were curious to know more.

"Oppa, you like a fan?"

He seemed to be blushing slightly, which was extremely unusual. And today too, you realized, he was acting weird. He was not his cheerful beagle self and was being a lot serious and quiet. Feeling privileged at unveiling his secret, you smiled.

Chen sighed and looked at you, "...Yes..."

Jinjjaaa!!!!??? My bias likes a fan? Omo omo omo omo~

"And... you're dating her?"

"Ahneeyo... not yet..."

You felt somehow relieved at the statement. You would hate to lose to another person who was just as ordinary as you.

"I haven't told her yet..." he added after a pause.

You peeked at him, "You should tell her... she'll be the luckiest girl in the world! I'm so glad for her~" Ha. Ha. Ha. What an irony...

He took a deep breath, "But I don't want to cause her trouble when she already is in trouble..." What a caring person~ You smiled at him, "Just go for it, oppa! Fighting!"

"Then...." Suddenly he grabbed your hand and put it in his, making your heart jump in the process. Startled, you glared at him, your mouth hanging open. He held your hand firmly and sighed, "I like you, (y/n)-ah... Naneun neoreul johahae..." You were so shocked, it felt like you were deaf. He was joking, right?

"Y-You are... kidding...right?" you managed to speak.

"Ahnee..." he patted your hand with his other hand, "I realized it after talking to you last night, I realized that I kept thinking about you and how much I hoped to meet you again, And guess fate was in my favour after all..." He looked at you and gave out his cute kitty smile.

"I-I..." it felt as if everything around you was a dream, it felt like everything would vanish if you moved. There is no way this is real.... Seing you spaced out, Chen frowned.

"Waegookin-ah?" he cupped your cheek with his hand and made you look at his eyes. His eyes were deep yet hopeful. Your brain had stopped working a while ago. Losing yourself in his deep eyes, you tried to come up with a reply. You felt the warmth of his hand on your cheek, making the blood rush ro your face. The moment felt so sweet and dreamy, yet at the same time so full of unrealities.

"Oppa... saranghae..." was all you could manage before breaking into tears. You were so happy that you felt like dancing and shouting out to the whole world. You went through so much struggle and uncertainity. Your decision to come to Korea, was finally worth it. You couldn't stop your neverending tears, the tears of fulfilling your dream. Chen wiped the tears off your cheeks and smiled. Slowly, he brought his face so close to you that your noses brushed against each other. His warm breath fell on your face, making you realize how quickly you were breathing. You closed your eyes. Finally, this was happening. As he touched yur lips with his, you felt like melting into a poodle of water. His lips were so soft, you doubted if he was actually human. The kiss lasted for a minute until he pulled away. Your eyes met each other, a contented smile on his face. But you were not satisfied, you wanted his lips just one more time. Not hesitating, you reached out for his lips. The moment was so heavenly you just didn't want it to end. Time seemed to have stopped and you wished it would never end. Chen pulled you closer to him, embracing your waist as he locked his lips with yours. Realizing that you were both running out of breath, you pulled away. This was the reddest your face could ever get, and now you felt dizzy. You never imagined your first kiss would happen in a car. You swiftly turned your face to the window, trying to hide your embarrassment. Chen laughed; you could hear the joy in his heart.

"Do you know what made me fall for you the most?" he teasingly messed up your hair, "Your silliness."

"Are you sure... you like me?" You didn't face him because you knew you would faint at this point if you looked at that face you love so much.

All of a sudden, his lips touched your cheek as he planted a peck, "Am I?"

You were frozen in place, your heart beating louder than a drum. What the heck is he doing seriously?!? Unable to speak anything, you stared blankly out the window.

"(Y/n)-ah... I know you are nervous, and scared at what is coming... and I absolutely understand why you... would not like to date me— "

"But I-I will!!" How bold~

Chen was taken back by your boldness, "Even after you know how much hate we might get from EXO-Ls?"

You nodded, "Yes..." He didn't know how much you loved him, and how ready you were to sacrifice for him. But then again, you didn't want to ruin his reputation.

"Oppa... I don't want to ruin your reputation..." you took a deep breath, "So, it's okay... if we don't date..."

He sighed and held your shoulders, turning you towards him, "Listen, the rumors are going to come out tomorrow even if we don't date... So isn't it better if what they say is actually happening?"

"But you and EXO—"

"Don't worry about it. We'll pretend it's not true and deny it. And yes, all of EXO knows that I like you," he beamed at you, "All we have to do is... be careful." He kissed your forehead and caressed your hair.

"We are going to have to deal with so much trouble..." you sighed, "And hate..."

"Kaen chanha~" he twirled your hair in his finger, "I love you and that's all that matters."

You blushed and nodded, "Saranghaeyo, Chen-oppa..."

"Now shall we get out of this?" he looked around the car and then at you.

You smiled and put on your mask. Putting on his mask and glasses, he got out first and opened the door for you. As you stepped out of the car, Chen immediately embraced you in his strong well built arms. "Everything is going to be alright, hmm?" he spoke gently, his voice muffled by your hair. You rubbed your nose against his chest. A sweet vanilla fragrance lingered on your nose and you recalled it from that day you fainted. It was his scent after all. You inhaled his smell as much as you could. You felt this sense of tranquility and safety in his arms, at the same time a fear that this was all a dream. After a moment of being in each other's arms, you decided it was time to go. You left his arms and started to walk. Hoping that this was all real, you looked back one more time as you reached the platform which was now getting quite busy. He was there, he did not vanish. As much as you wanted to hug him and kiss him one last time, you had to resist. You felt a warm, yet sad feeling as you stared at him from the distance.

"Oppa!" You shouted, "Saranghae, saranghae neomu neomu neomu saranghae!!" Even though you realized that all the people were glaring at you, just this one time, you didn't want to hesitate. You wanted him to know how much you loved him. You didn't care about the weird glares the people were giving you.

You could hear him chuckle. "Nado~" He disguised his voice in such a way that it didn't seem like his own.

"Make sure to eat well, alright?" you smiled, although you knew he couldn't see it, "Alright, oppa?"

"Arasso!" he replied loudly.

Both of you giggled and waved at each other. No matter how sad you felt to part with him, you looked forward to meeting him again. You stared at him for a while, wondering how impossible it seemed to you that he liked you.

He waved, "Now go~!"

You nodded, "Arasso~" You waved at him one more time and turned to walk. Glancing back with the corner of your eyes, you could find him still waiting for you to leave. Without turning back, you shouted, "Saranghaeyo~"

"Nado~" came back a reply from a familiar voice you loved so much.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f7665474665736c52614d714d4b413d3d2d3436333539343532372e313464666530393466613933326631363334393933343530333434312e6a7067