Part 3: Phone call

Alright Oppa?

      Your vision was hazy. You look to your side, still in a trance. There is a familiar figure sitting beside you. Who is it? It was a man. Upon close inspection, you realized it was...

"Chen-oppa?" you asked, astonished yet a feeling of joy hanging on your heart.

He looked down at you, his lips curved in a smile, "You woke up?" He was wearing a white shirt and the sunlight coming from the window really did make him look like an angel.

You nodded, "B-b-ut, what are you doing here?"

"Shouldn't I be by my girl when she's sick? Eh?" He held your chin and looked in your eyes. What is he talking about!? As you stared at him, he brought his face closer to you. It was so close that your breathings could be felt by each other, your lips tensing at the action. Just as you were going to reach for his lips, you felt everything disappearing, slipping out of your arms.

Flashing open your eyes, you found yourself in a white room, neatly arranged with apparatuses and flowers. You didn't know how long you were unconscious but you did realize that everything you saw before was a dream. Ah jinjja! You wanted to punch the bed by your side but you couldn't since someone was holding your wrist. And suddenly you felt a sting on your arm. Looking over to your side, you found an old woman in a white lab coat injecting something in your arm. She was most probably the doctor. You closed your eyes and recalled what had happened. You fainted while talking to Chen and then someone brought you here.

"I-is this....a hospital?" you finally asked the lady while examining the surroundings.

"Yes," the woman smiled and nodded. Even though she was old, she looked really pretty.

"Are you the doctor?"

"Yes, I am."

You sat quiet for a second and spaced out. Why did all the stupidly embarrassing things happen when you met EXO?! Waeee~!? You sighed and shook your head, trying to forget everything. As the peaceful quietness settled in the room, a familiar person barged in, disrupting the silence. Of course, it was Yeonji, who else. She almost ran over to your bed and hugged your face.

"(y/n)-ah~ Kaenchanha? Chingu-yah~!" she whined. You hugged her back and looked at her face.

"Kaenchanha~ See? I'm fine!" you glimpsed at the doctor, "Right, Seonsaengnim?"

The lady beamed, "Ne~ But since you skipped breakfast, you became weak. You have low blood sugar..." the woman looked at you worriedly. Her wrinkled face wrinkled even more.

Yeonji glared at you, "I always tell you to eat properly! This is what happens when you don't...."

"Arasso, arasso! Unnie, I'll eat well~" you pout and tilt your head cutely. You know aegyo always does the rest.

"Stop it! Aww~" She couldn't help but hug you again, "Now, wait, I'll go do the paperwork and get you out."

You nodded and saw her march out of the room. The old lady came over to you and caressed your hair.

"You are also famous, aren't you, dear? Ah...and to think you are a foreigner..." she looked at you carefully.

"Ahneeyo ahneeyo! I'm just an ordinary girl. Waeyo Seonsaengnim?"

"My patients are all famous idols and girls and boys so, I thought maybe you were one as well? Pardon me though," she ran her fingers through your hair and smiled.

You immediately realized it was not a place for you. You couldn't stay in such a famous hospital, you were not a idol nor a famous girl. Assembling your clothes, you got off the bed.

"What happened, dear?" the woman stared at you, confused.

"I have to go now... I had enough rest..." you tried to smile at her, "Annyeonghaseyo and kamsahamnida~" you bowed and walked out of the room.

The hospital was not that big but it was certainly high quality. It was not that busy either. Walking down to the counter, you met Yeonji.

"Done?" she asked and held your shoulder, "I saw two idols today! Right here and now! Omo omo omo!"

"Let's get out of here..." you squealed.

Yeonji nodded and you both left the hospital.

As you were waiting for the bus, you felt Yeonji tap your shoulder. You turned to look at her.

"What happened?" you asked and glanced at her.

She held a bag in front of you and shook it, "Here, your notebook."

You took the bag and bowed, "Gomabseunida~"

"Kaenchanha, kaenchanha~" she waved the air and giggled, "Oh btw-- "

She was interrupted by her phone ringing. She glimpsed at the screen, raised her brows, nodded and glanced at you. Finally she picked it up. You tried to listen in on their conversation.

"Yeah? Ah, yes, yes! No problem. Yes, sure! Here you go!" She put the phone before you and whispered, "Someone wants to talk to you. It's from your phone!"

You peered at her confusedly while taking the phone, "What do you mean?"

"Ne, annyeonghaseyo?" you greeted humbly.

"Umm...don't panic..." You almost screamed. It was his voice! "Waegookin....kaenchanha!?" You eyes were as wide as the roads. You realized you were trembling. Trying to move away from Yeonji, you tried to force a smile on your red face.

"A-a-ah! Yes?" you stuttered.

"Your phone is with me. It's your number, right?" he asked, his voice melting your heart.

"Huh?" you glanced at the screen, "I-I guess so..."

"Well, umm, I found this phone after I sent you off to the hospital and I figured it was yours and thought I'd call your friend since she was with you..." you heard him sigh, "I promise I didn't go through your phone! But still, do you mind?"

You stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to say. You realized what your wallpaper was and you turned redder. Omo, Chen-oppa!

"Are you there?" he sounded busy. You could hear lots of other voices.

"U-u-umm...K-k-kamsahamnida~ Sorry for the troubles though...." You managed to speak.

"So.... Umm I have this concert but after that we will be in the convenience store so, maybe you can wait for us there? I can return your phone that way?"

"Eh~!?" you almost screamed, "Ahneeyo~ you just leave it with the shopkeeper. I'll pick it up on my way..." You decided it was better to not meet them since it was too much for your heart. You gulped.

"But...but!" he sounded disappointed, "Arasso... I'll do that..." you heard him sigh. What was he sighing for!?

"Well I have to go now! Bye-bye Waegookin~" he tried to sound cheerful.

"Oppa, it was nice to meet you...bye!" you felt your voice getting heavy and your heart sinking as you realized this was maybe your last chat with your dream prince. You sighed and hung up.

As you handed over her phone to her, Yeonji almost jumped at you, "Oppa?! Who was it!?"

"N-n-n-n-no one? Just a neighbor! Umm... he has my phone!" you almost couldn't breathe.

"Chingu-yah~?" she squinted her eyes and peered at you, "You are lying, aren't you?"

"I am telling... the t-truth!" You stomped the ground.

Thankfully the bus came right on time and you hopped on.

All the way, you kept thinking if you should tell Yeonji about the phone call. But you also didn't want to tell her. You took a deep breath. Was it the right decision to refuse meeting them? You knew, it was your last chance to meet EXO. Now you will never see them again. To them, you are just a fan. From now on, you'll go your way and they'll go theirs. You charming dream was at its end now. Thank you God for letting me meet them so many times. You felt sad and suffocated. You snuggled onto Yeonji's arm.

"What's wrong, (y/n)-ah?" she tried to speak kindly.

"I don't feel so good...Yeonji-ah..." you rubbed your face, "I feel...sad."

"Waeyo!?" she almost shot up and stared at you, "Is it related to the phone call?"

You sighed, "No... it's just that these past days with EXO was like a dream... Even though it was just two days, I felt like this dream won't ever end. But it is ending. They'll forget all about us..."

"But we won't forget them...So, it's fine, right? That's all that matters..." she sounded gloomy as well.

You replied a "hmm" and closed your eyes, your head resting on your best friend's shoulder.

You got off at the stop nearest to your house. But since you has to run an errand, you had to walk all the way to the convenience store. Yeonji tagged along, saying that you might be attacked.

"Are you sure you'll get your phone? It isn't a creep?" she whispered.

"I know him, he's a good guy...I guess?" you shrugged and laughed.

When you finally reached the store, you noticed the creepy looking minibus parked in front of it. Oh no! They were here! You took a deep breath and entered the shop, bracing yourself. As expected, there was a fully covered man at the counter. You knew, he had your phone. As Yeonji trailed off to the food counter, you decided to approach him alone. Just as you stepped beside him, he turned to you. Seeing his big round eyes, you immediately realized who it was.

"Ah! D.O-oppa!" you bowed, "Annyeonghaseyo~"

"Annyeong~ Umm...(y/n)-sshi!" he bowed back and you could see his eye-smile.

He put a bag before you and was going to say something when you heard a scream. It was definitely Yeonji. Maybe she saw Lay. You sighed. D.O seemed to ignore it and handed over the bag.

"Chen-hyung told me to give it to the shopkeeper. But since you yourself are here, here you go!" Although his O_O eyes gave off a chill from him, he seemed quite friendly.

"Kamsahamnida, oppa~!" You giggled and took the bag.

He stepped back, "Wait, I'll be right back." He went out of the shop, leaving you staring at his silhouette.

You waited for him for some minutes but he didn't return. So you decided to go check on Yeonji. As you peeked into the corner, there she was, among two other members. You walked over to them. These guys were fully covered as well but seeing their eye, you could recognize them.

"Lay and Xiumin-oppa, annyeonghaseyo!" you greeted them courteously and bowed.

They bowed and greeted back. Meanwhile Yeonji seemed frozen. She glanced at the three of you and tried to smile. "Chingu-yah..." she mumbled.

"How did your concert go?" you asked them and smiled.

"Quite good" Xiumin nodded, "Tiring, too..." Lay added in his slow, tired voice. You laughed. You were really happy to see them, to talk to them. You felt confident. After all, it was your last meeting.

"Umm...is it ok if I take a selca with you guys?" How bold! You wanted to keep something as a memento.

They smiled and nodded, taking off their masks, "Sure!"

You took a selca with them and saved it. If only Chen-oppa was here too... You smiled and thanked them. Unlike you, Yeonji was unusually quiet. She is the one who talks the most but maybe she was nervous?

"Fiery-sshi is so quiet today, no?" Lay looked at her worriedly.

You laughed, "She's just nervous, hehe~" You pushed Yeonji with your elbow, signaling her to talk. But she just stood there.

As you chatted shamelessly with Xiumin and Lay, you heard his voice behind you. From his voice you could feel that he was just behind you.

"Yah, Waegookin-ah!" he put his hand on your shoulder.

"Chen!" Xiumin exclaimed, a cute grin on his face.

You turned back to see him, your face flushed, "O-oppa!" You were so glad to see him. You felt like just putting your arms around him and hugging him. But your body behaved unlike your mind. It refused to move. You thought you used to his presence by now, but you weren't.

"Did you get your phone?" he asked worriedly.

"Yes!" you showed him your phone.

"She even took a selca with us!" Xiumin smiled and looked at you and then at Chen.

Chen looked disappointed. "Without me~?" he whined.

You laughed awkwardly when suddenly Chen grabbed your hand and took your phone.

"Take one with me!" he demanded. You stared at him with wide eyes, "What?" He shoved the phone in your hand, "Take one with me too~ Or I'll feel left out!"

Confused, you opened the camera. Chen removed his mask and smiled for the camera. What was he doing!? My heart! Your faces were so close, you could feel the heat of his skin. Red and awkward, you finally took the selca.

"H-here you go!" you showed it to him.

He seemed pleased, "We look so nice" He laughed and messed your hair. Then he looked at his fellow members.

"Hyungs, we have to go now!" he whined and looked at you, "Bye, (y/n)-sshi!"

"I-I-I hope... to meet again..." you mumbled to yourself as they walked out. You stared at their backs. Bye, bye, EXO. Saranghae... You looked at the picture in your hand. Saranghae, Jongdae-oppa...

Saranghae, Jongdae-oppa