Part 4: Phone call, Again

Alright Oppa?

Sorry for the late upload guys! I was on my vacation so I couldn't work on this story.. T_T Hopefully I'll try to update more frequently~

If there's anything I can do to improve it's quality, feel free to tell me!

Thank you so much for reading my work and supporting me~ :*

Kamsahamnida~!! 

~Author~

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                 The next few days passed by in your usual, boring way – Sitting at home doing nothing. Even Yeonji didn't hang out much; she said she was not feeling too well. You yourself was also not feeling so well, there was a empty feeling in your heart, like the calm before a storm. Hopefully things won't be as boring when classes start. There's still a week left for that. You sighed and lied down on the couch. Thinking about never seeing EXO and Chen anymore, made your heart twist in pain. They really were dreamy, especially him. You suddenly felt lonely. Ah, it's been a while since you last called home. You took a deep breath and dialed a number.

"Hello?" a sweet kind voice spoke from the other side. But it made your heart sink, your stomach twisting in nervousness.

"H-hello...M-mom? It's me..." you barely managed to speak. It was the first time you heard her voice in a year. You felt your throat getting dry.

"You..." her voice turned grim. And you exactly knew why.

You bit your lips and waited. All those memories started flooding your mind... as well as the events of that night. You closed your eyes, you knew that you won't be able to hear that kind voice for a while now. After all, you didn't deserve it. Still, you felt at peace just to hear her voice again. You were so selfish. Just to follow your dreams, you selfishly fought with her and left for Seoul all alone. You held your breath, trying to stop your stupid tears from rolling down.

                "Mom... I have something to tell you..." you walked over to your mother and gave her a grim look.

She looked at you worriedly, not knowing what you had to say. "What is it?"

"I-I...umm...I'M GOING TO KOREA!!" You threw your arms around her and hugged her tight, "I got accepted at SNU!" You grinned.

"W-what?! What about the other universities?" she pushed you away slightly to face you.

Confused, you hugged her again, "I don't care! I got accepted at where I wanted! I'm so happy~"

"You are not going there." She firmly pushed you away from her and walked away.

"Why can't I? What's wrong with SNU!? It's the best uni-"

"I don't care, you are staying here until the results at Harvard and Oxford come out."

"But I don't want to study there! Why don't you understand!?" You felt angry.

"Then remain uneducated and help out at home! I'm not sending you to that country!"

That really pissed you off. You were not ready to give up your dreams so easily. And most of all, you were angry at how your mother was not understanding you.

"I'm going there! And that's it!!" you shouted at her.

"You are staying here! Did you see your grades?! You will be easily accepted at universities like Harvard, Oxford and Cambridge!" She was also angry.

"But I don't want to! I want to study at SNU!"

"(y/n), I'm telling you... If this is because of your 'oppas', don't ruin your life like that! Are you crazy or what!?|

"It's not about any 'oppa'! It's about 'me'! 'My' life! And you are nobody to interfere in my life!! My decision is final!" you barked at her.

Her grim eyes were suddenly filled with tears but she didn't cry, "I'm... I'm your mother..."

"You are nobody! You hear that, NOBODY! I just want you out of my life!" you snarled at her and barged into your room. She didn't say a single word.

After that day, you packed all your stuff and moved to Seoul. You didn't even say goodbye to her. You knew it was all your fault. You shouldn't have behaved like that with her. Still, you couldn't bring yourself to say sorry. Rubbing your eyes, you patiently waited.

"Oh, hello?" a cheerful voice spoke. You knew who it was, your sister. She's younger than you by a year. She never hated you for your decision; she's the only person in your family who answers your calls.

"It's me!" you tried to sound happy.

"Sis!! I kind of thought it was you from mom's face... Anyways, how are you!? Everything fine?"

"Yeah, everything's going great... What about you?"

"I miss you~ But I'm doing great! Guess what, Ryan...ASKED ME OUT!" she shouted excitedly.

"What!? Whoa~ Congrats!"

The next few minutes she spent fangirling about Ryan, her crush who is now her boyfriend.

"Umm... how's everyone? And...Mom?" You looked down and held your breath.

"Sis... I shouldn't say this to you, but Mom ha-" she stopped and hesitated, "Mom's fine! I just felt like pranking haha..." she laughed, which you obviously knew, was fake.

"No! You are lying! What's wrong with Mom!?" you asked her anxiously, trying hard not to think negatively.

"I-It's nothing! I was joking~ Seriously..." you could catch the hesitation in her voice, "Umm, I have to go now! Take care~"

"N-" You realized she hung up.

You sat down on the floor, you mind in turmoil. Is Mom not all right?! What is wrong with her!? You looked at your phone. Why did she cut me off like that? You couldn't breathe. Something was definitely wrong. You felt restless, unable to do anything. You didn't even know what's wrong. Everything was suffocating you, as if a heavy rock was pressing down on your heart. You wanted to talk to someone, yes right, Yeonji. But it wouldn't be right to bother her when she's so sick.

"What should I do?" you mumbled and hid your face in your knees.

Your phone started ringing. Aish, who is it!? You felt a little bothered. It was from an unknown number. Thinking it might be something, you answered it.

"Annyeonghaseyo? Who is it?"

"It's me."

                    You started coughing on your own saliva. HE!? Heeee!? Why!? You couldn't stop coughing. It was unbelievable. You finally managed yourself and held the phone to your ear.

"O-oppa? C-chen...oppa?" you mumbled.

"You sure do know my voice~"he giggled, "how are you, (y/n)-sshi?"

"I'm...well....fine," you gulped, "Where did you get my number? Or... are you... a prank caller!?" He must be a prank caller! There's no way the real Chen would call me!

"Ahneeyo, Waegookin~" he whined, "Remember I called your friend's phone that day? I actually saved your number then... Sorry for not asking for your permission..."

"W-why did you call...me?" It was not new how red and flustered you were and how much you were sweating, what was new was that you felt bothered and distracted. You knew you already had too much in your mind and this was just extra.

"Well... I wanted to call you that very day but I was too tired and then we were so busy these days so I couldn't call you... I got time today so, I called you~"

What nonsense is he spouting!? Is he drunk or what!? He sounds too good to be drunk though. Why was he telling you all this when you knew clearly he was not interested in you!? He was an idol and they would never talk to their fans without a reason. You sighed and decided to get to the point.

"What do you want?" the words just came out your mouth. You knew it was rude but for some reasons you didn't care. This was the man you loved but yet you didn't feel so good talking to him. Is it because of Mom?

"I'm sorry..." he spoke slowly, "I just felt like talking to you..."

"I'm not someone to whom you would talk to just like that. You have a reason! Or are you playing with me? If so, then stop it! You are having fun making a joke out of me? Great~" What's wrong with me!? Why am I saying such pointless things to him? I should be happy. You squealed, "Because of you... because of you... I'm sorry..."

You realized that you were crying. You love him, but you love your mother too. That's right, he's the reason you aimed SNU in the first place. You thought if you lived in Korea, you were just one step closer to him. You were a frantic, stupid fan who got too carried away in her fantasies. You knew it was not his fault, it was yours. In the last few days, you wondered why Chen was being so nice to you. You concluded that it was just his nature to be good to his fans. Then today, how could you say those rude words to him? Where did that frantic fan go, who would do anything for her idol?

"Waegookin... kaen chanha? I-I'm sorry..." he seemed startled.

You sobbed, "Mianhae...oppa...Jinjja mianhae... I-I didn't mean it...Mianhaeyo...."

"Waegookin-ah, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" His voice sounded soothing and gentle as always.

"It's just... N-nothing..." you rubbed your eyes, "Oppa...?"

"Yes?"

You sighed, "Oppa...I'm just a fan... Why? Why are you being so nice to me? Why are you... getting my hopes up?" You waited silently for his answer. You needed to know it. Helping you out and this and that was okay, but wasn't giving you a call a bit too much?

You could hear his sigh. "Because..." he hesitated, "Because... I want to know you..."

What!? All the blood from your body rushed to your face. You realized that you were breathing really fast. You held the phone on your heart.

"Are you really....Chen-oppa? Are you really who I think you are?"

"Do you need proof? I can't give you that though... hehe..." he laughed awkwardly.

You smiled, "I'll just pretend that you are who I think you are then..."

"Oh, right! Don't give this number to anyone else, ok? I trust you so..."he warned you cautiously.

"Hmm... I understand..." You felt sleepy. Was it a trance? This whole phone call, was it a dream again? But... it was a good dream. You didn't care, you were just glad to have this feeling. The rock in your heart...seemed a lot lighter.

"Are you sleepy?" he asked carefully.

You nodded and sighed, "Oppa, d-did I seem that interesting? Is it because I'm a... waegookin?"

"It's because you are pretty," you imagined him giving his cute kitty grin. You were blushing so much that you forgot what to say.

"Waegookin-ah?"

"Y-y-yeah?"

"Can't we talk just because I'm an idol and you, a fan?

You thought for a moment. This was all you ever wanted, all that you dreamed about. You even fought with your parents and gave up everything just to see this person. And now, your idol himself was finally giving you attention. Then why, why do you feel that way? Why do you have that fear and guilt in your heart?

"I feel...guilty... and scared..." you mumbled.

"Waeyo?"

"Just because...I'm scared this dream will end anytime..." you heaved a sigh, "Anyways, are you really going to trust me with your number?" You could feel you heart beating fast. But maybe because you were not seeing his face, you didn't feel as nervous.

"Don't tell me you are saesang!~ Right! It's weird how we keep bumping on to each other!" he whined, "Delete this number! You are not a saesang, are you?!"

"What if I am?" you teased, "I'm going to post this number in my fanpage~"

"I-it's not even my number!"

You giggled, "Arasso, I'm going to treasure it. I'll save it just in case then."

"Ah...you sound sleepy~ I'm sleepy too so let's just go to bed ok?" you could hear his yawn. So cute! "Good night, Waegookin!"

"Good night, oppa..."

                   Just as he hung up, you decided to save the number as soon as possible. You knew you didn't have the guts to call him again but you still saved it. You couldn't possibly save his contact as 'Chen' as it was too risky, so you thought for a while. Ah, right! 'Neighbor Oppa'. You looked at the name and laughed. It was a safe choice and if anyone sees it you can just say that it was a guy in your neighborhood. Ah... was the day good or bad? The anxiety in your heart popped up again. You stretched your body and yawned. I just hope nothing's wrong with Mom. You laid in your bed and closed your eyes. Was it really Chen, Kim Jongdae? It could not possibly be a prank caller, nobody calls you Waegookin except, and he also knows about the convenience store incident. Thinking of incident, you recalled that unfortunate night from last year. Mom...I'm sorry... If only you could say it out loud. You couldn't sleep. After twisting and turning for a while, you decided to talk to Yeonji, no matter how sick she was. After a few rings, she answered.

"Annyeong, Yeonji-ah!"

"Wha-....ah, annyeong... (y/n)-ah..." she seemed to have been sleeping. You felt a bit sorry.

"Were you sleeping? Mianhae..."

"Well... you already woke me up...So, what's up?" she really did sound sick. You could hear her coughing.

"First, you tell me. How are you? Did you go to the doctor?"

"Yeah. I'm taking medicines... will be fine in two days..."

"I'll come visit you tomorrow." You were confused whether to tell her about Chen or Mom. It wouldn't be nice to worry her.

"Did you call home today?" It was as if she knew what was in your mind. Is this what people call telepathy?

"Yeah..." You sighed.

Yeonji already knew what had happened between you and your mother. She did not judge you, but she certainly did tell you to say sorry to her.

"So....?" She waited for your answer.

"Mom picked up the call. I heard her voice after such a long time!"

"Wah! That's awesome! I'm so happy for you—" she tried to sound cheerful.

"But the thing is..." You told her about your conversation with you sister, "I'm so worried I could die...."

"I hope she's fine..." even Yeonji seemed gloomy, "Try to talk to her again, she might tell you."

"Yeah...."

"I hope....e-ever-ythi-ng is.....f-fine *sneeze*" she kept sneezing and coughing.

You felt guilty, "I should hang up now. Good night, chingu!"

"G-go-od....n-night! *sneeze*"

After talking to Yeonji, you felt a little less burdened. You brought out 'Neighbor Oppa's contact. Ah... his voice! You smiled. "I...I want to know you", "It's because you are pretty." Your face heated up just by thinking about those sentences. Maybe because you were bothered that time that you didn't realize how deep those words were but now you did. Even though you were hesitating, scared and guilty, it still felt nice. You sighed and closed your eyes. As you thought about things, your consciousness faded away.

As you thought about things, your consciousness faded away