Part 11: Flight and Fall

Alright Oppa?

Hey guys! I'm back!!

After a long long time, I know... TT Please forgive me like you always have -w- Anyways I am thankful to all my readers and I'm sorry I update quite late :( Please bear with me :) And like always keep giving me your feedbacks and I hope you will like this chapter.

Let's all look forward to EXO's comeback!! ~.^

Your support helps me motivate so keep supporting me! Kamsahamnida~ I love you guys! Enjoy~ <3

~Author~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

             That night, naturally, you could hardly get any sleep. Saying farewell to him was always the most difficult thing for you. So when it was time to say goodbye, you ended up crying, as he held you in a timeless embrace. It hurt to know you won't be able to contact each other for a while. But if that was how it was going to be, there was nothing you could do about it other than being patient and strong. You would miss him, you wanted him to know how much you longed for him, but no words came out of your lips. For now, all you could do was to cherish these dream-like memories and wait for this eternal phase to pass.

            The first day of college came by in the blink of an eye. The enormous campus filled with busy, bustling students, everyone refreshed by the long vacation. For you, it was the most eventful and memorable vacation of your life. Maybe for that reason, you didn't feel as energetic to begin your classes. It was the beginning of the usual monotone routine, rinse and repeat. Lethargic and reluctant, you dragged yourself through the busy hallways. Students talking about their vacations, students dreading the semester exams, students preparing themselves for their future ahead – that was how full of activity the corridors were. And as you walked through them unenthusiastically, someone called your name. Turning back, you felt a knot in your stomach as you saw Song Jinsoo approaching you, waving and flashing her perfectly straight white teeth. Her tall figure stood out among the majority Korean students and she had a pretty face. She was famous for having close connections with some important members of the director board.

"Annyeonghaseyo, sunbae-nim," you bowed politely, still unsure about why she came.

She patted your shoulders and broke out in a mousy laughter, for what reasons, you didn't know. After finishing her giggling, she flipped her newly dyed hair back and smiled, "Annyeong, (y/n)-ah~ I have been looking so forward to talking to you!"

Awkward at her unexpected friendliness, you nodded, "Ah..."

"You know, (y/n)-ah," she started walking with you in the most natural way possible for someone you met only once before, "How was it?"

"How was w-what?" you gave her a confused stare, the knot in your stomach getting tighter.

Grinning, she pinched your arm, "You know what I'm talking about! How were things with—" she looked around, came closer and whispered, "Chen?"

"S-sunbae, I told you, there was nothing," you tried to sound as calm as possible. There was no way you could freak out in front of her, "It was a misunderstanding." It was annoying to explain things to a person you never met for a second time before.

Seeming disappointed, Jinsoo stopped at her track. "Ah, so it really was nothing? I see..." she muttered, "Thank God..."

         Unfortunately, Song Jinsoo wasn't the only one bothering you that day. Almost all the people you knew, plus some people didn't know, came to ask you these types of questions at some point throughout the day. It wasn't even a big deal, just a rumor, yet you didn't understand why they were getting so worked up over it. People who never bothered to greet you, people you met for the first time, classmates who weren't interested before, all started acting like they cared whatever happened to you. Their fake advices, fake disappointments were all just a façade. And that was annoying. So, at the end of the day when Yeonji asked what was wrong, was when you finally exploded.

"Aish, aish..." Yeonji patted your back as your sobbing started to evolve into thunderous bawling, "Where was I when all those creeps bothered you?!"

"They were so annoying..." you sobbed, wiping your eyes with the back of your sleeve.

"I'll kill them tomorrow, just you see, chingu-yah!" she grunted, punching the air with her balled fists, "But seriously, is Chen really not going to contact you these days?"

Sighing, you buried your head behind your knees, "I don't know..."

"Well, I guess that makes sense. Not everything about him is going to be easy, you know?" She, too, sighed, "You bagged yourself your oppa, and here I am still dreaming about Lay..."

"I know..."

"But then again, no matter how much I admire Chen, he is a celebrity after all. And like celebrities do this all the time."

You glared at her with your red, puffy eyes, "Do what?"

She shrugged, "You know, one night stands and stuff!"

"What the hell!" Your cheeks turned warm, "He never did such s-stuffs with me!"

Yeonji stared back, her eyes grim, "That's suspicious. What if he is trapping you so that he could weird stuffs later? Or maybe it was a fling? Like he felt like kissing someone so he called you and you kissed? That makes sense, that jerk!"

"That's creepy! What's wrong with you?!" You slapped her shoulders repeatedly, "Why...can't it be that he likes me...for real?" Your eyes stung so, you hid your face again.

"Ya! Ya! Don't go crying on me now!" She jerked your shoulders back and forth, "I was just kidding! Kidding!

"You punk!" Choking her with your arms, you both burst into laughter, and all that happened the entire day, just faded with the echoes of your resonant giggles.

       The next few days passed by in a whim. The others seemed to be too disappointed to bother you anymore so the days were relatively peaceful. But with no contact from Chen for almost 2 weeks now, you realized your concentration had hit rock bottom. Almost always, your mind drifted off to Chen,, yearning to know what he was doing, how he was doing and whether he missed you as much you did. And even though you trusted him and understood his circumstances, a tiny part of you still seemed to be uncertain.

The weather was surprisingly warm for a winter day, the sun shining bright, giving the environment a vibrant spring feeling. It was a perfect day for a walk in the park. The children's voices as they played and trotted tinkled in the air. Sitting on an empty swing set, you looked up at the blue, cloudless sky.

" Bogoshipda, oppa..." muttering, almost unconsciously, you pushed the ground with your feet and the swing took off.

It felt amazing, to glide onto the air, free of everything binding you to the ground. You could not even remember the last time you played on the swing set like this. Going up to the limitless sky and then being forced to return to the ground was a metaphor for life itself. Even though it may have looked weird for a grown woman swinging up and down like that, you didn't care. You were flying. Until...

           Until you felt someone push the swing hard from behind. Your heart flipped as the person sent off the swing with your body up into the limits of the sky. Unnerved and frightened, you made the most foolish mistake. In order to see the perpetrator, you turned your body while still in mid air and down you went, falling face first on the dewy grassland beneath. A crumbling pain filled all the joints in your body, your face.

"Ya! Kaenchanha!?" the person panicked as two arms grabbed your shoulders and helped you stand up somehow.

There was no doubt that your nose and lips were bleeding as you felt a strong iron-like taste filling your mouth. But who you saw through your tear-filled, blurry vision was someone you had never expected to see.

"C-Chen oppa?" You muttered faintly, and then dropped on the ground. Your heart felt heavy, full of thousands of emotions.

"Mianhae, (y/n)-ah! Jinjja mianhae!" he shouted, shaking your shoulders which caused it to hurt even more, "I just wanted to surprise you! I promise!!"

"O-oppa, it hurts..."

As if he woke up from a nightmare, he left your shoulders, his eyes wide with concern. But more importantly, why is your face not covered!

"First, let's take you to a hospital...w-wait," whispering almost to himself, he tapped away on his phone, as you sat there on the rough grassy ground bloody and teary-eyed, your heart swelling with pleasantly warm love.

           Somehow, falling asleep in his arms as he carried you felt more soothing than lying down in a comfortable bed. All you could hear was his heart beating, fast yet in a tranquil rhythm. Not seeing him for so many days didn't seem to matter, now that you could be so close to him. You wanted to tell him how much you missed him, and ask him if he missed you too. But as for now it seemed impossible, as uttering even a single word made you feel like dying. So, all you did was sleep and snuggle to his chest as he held you close with his strong, muscular arms.

When you finally opened your eyes, you found yourself in a very familiar white room with a familiar person in a white lab coat beside you. All hospitals looked the same, you assumed but you were sure not all doctors had the same face. It was the pretty old doctor from before, you recognized. She was examining some files when she realized you had woken up.

"Are you feeling better?" the doctor inquired, not looking up from her files. Her voice was as soft as you remembered.

You felt your head with your hands and found that it was bandaged from the forehead to the jaw. At least you could move your head and not wince in pain. Giving her a slight nod, you acknowledged her question.

"Are you eating well these days?" this time she looked at you, a smile on her wrinkled, pretty face, "I remember you coming here fainting last time, with that loud friend of yours." Giving out a soft quiet giggle, she returned to her files.

"Y-you remember me?"

"How can I forget such a lovely waegookin?"

For some reasons, knowing that she remembered you warmed your heart. Wanting to be remembered, wanting to be acknowledged was a basic human desire. And even though she was a complete stranger, it was nice to know that you could leave some sort of impression on her.

"Gomabseunida, seongsangnim~" you whispered, loud enough for her to hear it.

"Wae?" giving you an astonished glance, she stood up abruptly as if she had just recalled something, "Ah, your boyfriend is here, right? He wanted to see you since a long time so I'll send him to you, okay?"

"Boyfriend?" you asked as she started to go.

She was taken aback, "Y-you know, the masked, shady looking guy?" awkwardly, she looked around, "Ah, I'm sorry, I-I shouldn't have assumed—" Her face was flushed, her expressions alerted unlike her usual demeanor.

"Kaenchanha, seongsangnim, you are right, he is my boyfriend," smiling, you felt your cheeks get warmer. Chen as your boyfriend still seemed to be a surreal idea to good to be true.

The doctor almost gave out a sigh of relief, "Then I'll send him~"

          As you waited rather impatiently, a fully covered, suspicious looking man entered the room. Of course, you knew who it was. As you observed him being seemingly unsure to decide where he would stand, you couldn't help but suppress a chuckle. At last, it looked like he came to decide to sit next to your bed.

"Oppa," you mumbled so as to not move your jaw too much. You watched him as he took off his mask and glasses. Undoubtedly, his face was covered in guilt and remorse. "Oppa, it's okay you—"

Suddenly, he gave you a soft peck on your bandaged forehead, followed by another on your lips. Your heart was thumping dangerously, and you were already in a hospital.

"I'm sorry, waegookin-ah~" he took your hand and squeezed it gently; "I never expected something like this to happen..." it almost felt like he was avoiding your eyes.

You really wanted to give him a tight hug and tell him he was not at fault. "Don't be like this, jaebal~ it's not your fault, I should have been the one to be careful... Now I'm wasting your valuable time like this..."

He kissed your hand softly, "Get well soon, (y/n)." You missed him so much that now you really felt like crying. You wanted to tell not to treat you so nicely, or you would get used to it. But then again, this line came straight out of a kdrama, so obviously it would seem to cliché and too cheesy, so you decided to keep silent.

"I missed you," he proclaimed, his hand still wrapped tightly around yours. You could see the sincerity in his eyes, the honesty behind his words. Even though it might sound wrong, you never expected him to say it first.

"I missed you too... a lot." You looked in his eyes and wanted to pass on how much you missed him, so much that you couldn't keep your mind to yourself. "So, how did you come? Is everything finally settled?" You could hear the excitement of your own voice.

"You can say that," sighing, he played with your fingers. For the first time today, it dawned on you that he was going through a tougher time than yours. He looked tired and drained. "Our comeback is almost done so we have a few days off," he gave you his signature kitty grin, erasing off the weary expression from before.

"Omo! Your comeback! Finally!" you were shouting so loud that your jaw seemed to get displaced. Flinching in pain, you stopped yourself from freaking out, "How is it? I know it's unfair to other EXO-Ls but since I'm living the dream, it's okay for me to know some insider info, right?" Dancing your eyebrows, you grinned.

He leaned closer and grinned back, "Well, the info isn't for free! Although it seems a bit...weird to ask an injured person for this..."

"Wae?"

He smirked mischievously and pouted, "Kiss!"

"What!?" you leaned away from him repulsively, flustered and embarrassed.

"What? Would you prefer if I forced myself on you? I see, so that's how you like it huh~" He was obviously enjoying teasing you judging from his pleased expression. What is he saying seriously?!

"Are you crazy? Have you gone mad?" You moved away from him as he bent even closer.

"You can say I have~" And then in the speed of light, he kissed your lips softly and sat back at his seat, satisfied with what he had done, "Such a lovely girlfriend I have~ Kamsahamnida, yeojachingu-nim~" He patted your head, an amused smile on his face.

It took you a moment to process everything that happened. "I-It's harassment! You can't do this to an injured person who can't even move their body!"

Following this, he burst into a laughter that was highly contagious. You suppressed yourself and watched him reluctantly as he snorted away. And by then, the doctor had already come in.

She almost jumped back and then as it seeped into her the person she saw beside you, she looked a little surprised. "Jongdae—uh...C-Chen-ssi? Am I interrupting something?" The old doctor seemed to be in a really awkward situation as she looked back from you to Chen, then from Chen to you.

Chen stopped his laughter, and stood up. With a polite 90 degree bow, he greeted the doctor, "Annyeonghaseyo, seongsangnim~"

The doctor bowed back instantly and looked at you.

"That's right, she is my girlfriend. Please take good care of her!" He seemed to enjoy this. The doctor nodded still a reluctant.

Then, bringing his face close to your ear, he whispered, his breath falling on your neck, "Want the exclusive info? Then let's go on a date. I'll tell you all about it~"

With that he walked out of the room, leaving you flustered and an awkward silence between the two people in that quiet, white room.

With that he walked out of the room, leaving you flustered and an awkward silence between the two people in that quiet, white room