Part 7: Caught by Detective-sshi

Alright Oppa?

Annyeonghaseyo chingu-deul!! ^_^

Yes, you can curse me and hate me all you want, I was late this time too~ TT Sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry!! >.< 

Anyways, here you go! I updated it!! I hope you'll continue to support me and keep reading my work despite me being late all the time! :)) 

Also, thank you for the 900+ reads!! I can't thank you guys enough! Saranghaeyo~ 

Oh and another thing! I'm thinking of writing another fic about any other EXO member! But I can't decide!! Can you guys help me and let me know in the comments, which EXO member you want me to write about this time? 

Yeorubun, kamsahamnida!! <3

~Author~

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

          With your heart racing at the extraordinary, surreal thing that happened today, you gleefully walked the street to your home. You still couldn't believe that Chen, the Chen of EXO, liked you back. It was like an unbelievable fairytale, as if you were the heroine of an imaginary fable. A blush crept up your cheeks as you recalled that sweet fragrance of his, that warmth of his hand and that softness of his lips. Your heart was beating fast, something that was not surprising. You were amazed at the fact that you were so composed and bold just a while ago. Urrrgghhh!! After exhaling a heavy sigh, you shouted a little to clear your mind. As astonishing as it was, there was no doubt it was actually happening. You pinched your cheek again to make sure it was real. As a matter of fact, it was. As you reminisced about Chen in your mind, your phone rang abruptly. Of course, it was none other than Yeonji.

"Yah, (y/n)-ah! How dare you leave my house without my permission!" the angry voice of your best friend shouted from the other side.

That's right. You remembered leaving her home in a hurry, without even telling her about it.

"Mianhae, Yeonji-ah... uh..." you tried think of an excuse, "I...uh...had to go somewhere..." Not a valid excuse at all...

"And where would that 'somewhere' be?" Yeonji asked in a doubtful tone. She's an expert in catching lies.

"Just somewhere, not so impotant..." you mumbled, "Ah right! The convenience store!" You are done for now, pabo-yah~ Regretting about your words, you tried to cover it up, "I had...uh...collect a package, yeah..." You really were not good at lying.

"You know, you are really suspicious these days, (y/n)-ah..."

You tried to laugh it off, "Joesonghamnida, Yeonji-nim! It won't happen next time~"

"Arasso, arasso, chingu-yah, Unnie forgives you~" Thankfully, she seemed to have dropped off this matter. She's the most powerful lie detector after all; it's your luck that saved you today. Thanking God in your heart, you decided to end the conversation.

"Kamsahamnida, Unnie!"

"I'll see you tomorrow then?"

"OK!"

But just as you were about you were about to hang up, Yeonji spoke from the other side.

"What are you going to do about that reporter, by the way?" you could sense the worry in her voice.

You thought for a while. You really didn't think about the reporter all these while. After what happened a while ago, you didn't feel the need to think about something so petty.

"Ah... I don't know really..."

"I see. Don't worry about it and just go home and rest for now..."

"Yeah..." you nodded.

That annoying reporter, but oh well, it was for her that you got to know about Chen's feelings. If she hadn't come up with all this, you might have never met him again. Even though you were annoyed with her, you were also thankful. Who would have ever guessed that Chen could like someone like you? You yourself never thought about that possibility. Life can be so full of surprises. As you walked, you realized that you were actually feeling a bit dizzy. Brushing it off as aftereffect of too much excitement, you finally reached home. Collapsing on the couch, you squealed in anticipation. You could see him again, right? Just as you took your phone to check on the time, a kakaotalk message popped up. You hardly ever used kakaotalk; the only people you had added were Yeonji and your Korean Language teacher. But it was rare for Yeonji to send messages; she was the type to call someone whenever she needed to talk. And it was almost impossible to get in touch with your Korean Language teacher. Curious, you decided to check who it was.

"Annyeong~ ^ㅂ^" the message read. Who could it be?

You checked the sender's profile. The user name was Chenchenzz. The profile picture was of Garfield, a popular cartoon character. And that's when it hit you, was it Chen? You knew Garfield was one of Chen's favourite cartoons. But still, it could be anyone. So, you checked his phone number. It was him! You had memorized the number he always called you with and it was the same number in his kakaotalk. Ah! He added me!

"Oppa? Is that you?" you typed quickly.

"Yes! Kim Jongdae at your service ~^^"

"I'll trust you~" You smiled as you texted. He looked so cute in that photo~ But for some reasons, you noticed your fingers felt wobbly and your head felt light. Getting over-excited again.

"Did you reach home yet? 'ㅅ' "

"Yes! ^_^"

You waited for him to reply. Chatting with him, made you feel like you guys were a real couple. Which you were, right? You stared at the chat bubble. Maybe he was busy, you thought. Just then another message popped up.

"Annyeong!~ (^_^)/" Didn't he just greet a moment ago?

"Annyeong?" you typed confusedly.

"Gdjkjskjoeokpofkalsiwe"

You stared at the screen, confused and not knowing how to react. Was this a prank? You knitted your brows and waited for a reply.

"Oppa? O_O"

There was no reply. Even though you waited patiently for a while, there was still no reply. Being impatient, you typed again.

"Oppa, are you there?""Kaenchanha?" "Are you busy?"

Nooooo!!!! You totally sounded like a tryhard just now! Ahh jinjjaaa! You whimpered at your action and put down the phone. You shouldn't let him think you are so desperate, you resolved. This was the first step of cooperation in your relationship. He's a idol after all, you can't think that he is idle all day. Maybe he was in a schedule or something. As you sighed, your phone vibrated.

"Mianhae~ (•¯ ∀ ¯•) It was Xiumin-hyung messing with my phone -w-"

You giggled. Among Chen's fans, Xiuchen otp was the most famous. Even you shipped them.

"Xiumin-oppa kyeopta! <3" You smirked as you typed, wanting to see how he would react.

"I know, I know •ㅅ•" That was not an interesting reaction. Disappointed at his reaction, you decided to change the topic.

"Oppa... Thank you, for today ^^" Your heart fluttered and your cheeks felt warmer. You couldn't explain how happy you were and how fast your heart was beating to anyone in this world.

"What did I do?"

"Thank you for accepting my feelings :)"

"You too <3 And..."

"And?"

"That kiss was amazing ★^^★"

You heart was pounding so hard as if it would come out of your ribs. Hiding your face with your hands, you squealed and kicked the plush doll under your feet. Your mind went blank and you didn't know how to reply.

"(y/n)-ah, I'll chat with you later arasso? I have a tight schedule today!! ㅠ.ㅠ"

Although you wanted to chat with him a bit more, you knew you had to let him go. And it was more than enough that he thought of you even amongst his busy schedules.

"Alright, Oppa! Fighting!! ^^"

"Fighting!! <3" he replied.

You put the phone at your side and screamed out. What the hell is actually happening!? Your brain felt like it would explode any minute and you knew your face was redder that tomato. Your fangirl dream was no longer a dream. It was reality now, at least that's what it seems like. Taking a deep breath, you closed your eyes. Chen's lips, they were so soft that it was unforgettable. Moreover it was your first kiss. You never imagined that your first kiss would actually be with the man of your dreams. Whenever someone asked you if you ever kissed anyone before, you always felt embarrassed to admit that you hadn't. You recalled that one time when you were drunk in a party and almost gave away your precious first kiss to an unknown male classmate. Thank God, Yeonji saved you that day. Your patience was rewarded at last after all, your decision to come to Korea was finally worth it. To be the girlfriend of EXO's Chen huh...The thought itself gave you butterflies. Losing yourself in thoughts, you were engulfed in sleep without realizing it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you opened your eyes, you found yourself lying down on the cold floor. The floor felt colder than usual, as if it was made of ice. Attempting to sit up, you realized that your whole body ached, and that you were unable to move. It felt like your muscles were punctured and your joints rusted. Is it a fever? You couldn't adjust your vision and you felt dizzy. Why was the floor so cold?! With your shaking hand, you fumbled for your phone on the couch behind you. You had to get up somehow first. Finding the phone, you checked the time. It was 8 pm. You had been sleeping for 7 hours! It was not surprising that you got a fever actually. Who wouldn't if they felt all those rush of emotions in just a matter of hours. Even after realizing that you hadn't eaten anything the whole day, you still did not feel hungry. With a blurry eyesight, you somehow managed to find Yeonji's number and called her.

"Hello~" she greeted in English with her Korean accent quite cheerfully.

"Yeonji-ah..." your voice was rough and unclear and your throat ached.

"(Y/n)-ah!! Kaenchanha!?" she shouted worriedly.

"I...think...I have a fever..." you coughed to clear your throat and sniffed, "Medicine..."

"Omo! Wait! I'm coming!"

"Ahneeyo...you don't have t— " a sneeze interrupted your words, "J-just tell me what medicine I...need to take."

"I told you not to worry so much, you stupid chingu! Pabo!!" she scolded.

Little did she know that this fever was not because of you worrying, it was because of something else.

"You wait there! I'm coming hmm?"

"Hmm..." you nodded.

"Ok then, hang in there!"

You were so thankful to have someone like her by your side. You owed her so much, you couldn't even remember. She was like a selfless tree, always watching over you without expecting anything in return. Even though she seemed to be someone who didn't really think of others that much to other people, you knew very well how much she cared for you. You always felt like you couldn't do anything for her compared to what she always did for you. For some reasons, you felt so emotional that you started to cry. "Yeonji-ah~" you cried, your voice shaking because of your tears. Fevers make people vulnerable, you could see that now. Yeonji would be such a nice mother. Thinking of mothers, you remembered your own mother. "Mom~" you sobbed and hid your face with your arm. You missed her so much! You didn't even know if she was fine now. As a child you always got sick. You still remember how she used to take care of you all night, not even stopping to sleep or rest. You missed the taste of the soup she made, her love mixed in it. The sleeve of your shirt got wet with your tears. An empty loneliness crept up your heart as your muscles and joints ached in pain. That was when your doorbell rang. Stumbling on your footsteps, you somehow managed to reach the door with all your strength. But as you opened it, your head spun and you fell right onto the person standing before you, Yeonji.

"Omo! (y/n)-ah!" you heard her panicked voice as your consciousness floated away.

Feeling something cool on your forehead, your eyes fluttered open. You vision seemed a bit hazy but you could see someone sitting beside you. The person was engrossed in her phone, not even noticing that you had regained consciousness.

"Yeonji-ah..." you squeaked meekly to get her attention.

"Ah, you are awake!" she almost jumped up from the chair she was sitting on but quickly gathered her composure, "Ahh jinjja~ I was so worried!"

She puffed her cheeks and gave you a worried glance. Acting cute doesn't suit you, was what you wanted to say but decided to remain quiet. You are grateful that you had a friend like her. She didn't hesitate to come to your help even though it was quite late outside. As you stared at her, she put a glass of water in front of you.

"Wae?" you looked at her confusedly.

"Have this medicine," she said, handing you the glass and a tablet and quickly checking your temperature, "Looks like it is subsiding, thankfully."

You sat up and took the medicine, "Gomabwo..."

"Did you eat anything?" she stood up from her seat and took out something from a plastic bag, "I bought some samgyetang on my way~" she grinned and held up a bowl.

You loved samgyetang, but today you didn't really have any appetite. Instead, thinking about food made you feel nauseous.

"Mwo? You don't want to eat it?" Yeonji frowned, "You don't want to eat samgyetang?! Wae~?"

"I...." you pressed your mouth to stop yourself from throwing up, "don't have any appetite..."

Her face dropped and she sulked, "Arasso, I'll eat it by myself then... You lie down and take rest." She changed the cool cloth on your forehead and replaced it with another one. As Yeonji sat on the floor and started to unpack her food, you lied down and closed your eyes, your mind drifting to sleep. But it was interrupted by something ringing. You could hear Yeonji grumbling and walk out your room. It was probably her phone, you thought. But after carefully hearing it, you noticed it was actually yours. You tampered your brain to guess who it might be.

"De annyeonghaseyo?" you heard her voice answering it.

Could it be....Chen!? You jumped up but quickly faltered as your body was too weak to cooperate. Because of your aching throat, you couldn't even shout out to Yeonji. The only thing you could do now was to pray that she didn't figure out who it was.

"(Y/n)-ah..." she walked over to you, holding your phone, "Someone wants to talk to you...uh.." she glanced at the screen, "Neighbor Oppa?" She gave you a confused glance.

You nodded, "I'll talk...give me..."

"Who is he? He sounds like Chen" she mouthed silently as she handed you your phone. You panicked in your mind. What if she noticed it was him? With sweaty palms, you held the phone to your ear. You gave a quick glance at Yeonji, who was standing there, observing you.

You coughed to clear your throat, "A-Annyeonghaseyo?" You peeked at your friend with the corner of your eyes.

"Waegookin!? Kaenchanha!?" you heard his worried voice from the other side.

You nodded, "Yeah... I-I just—" Suddenly the smell of the food reached your nose and your stomach churned. Leaving the phone on your bed, you ran over to the bathroom and threw up. After you were done, you struggled to drag your weak body back to your room/

Upon entering the room, there you found Yeonji, your phone in her hand. You felt a knot in your stomach as she glanced at you. As soon as she saw you, she immediately grabbed you by your shoulders and made you sit on your bed, somewhat forcefully. Her expression was something you couldn't quite understand, a mix of panic, excitement and disbelief.

"Wae~?" you whined weakly.

She gave you a glare and handed you over your phone, "What is this?"

You looked at the screen nervously. That's it, it's over.

'Chenchenzz: Waegooking? -w-

Chenchenzz: Yah! Kaenchanha?

Chenchenzz: What happened? O.O

Chenchenzz: Are you okay? o_o

.......20 more'

You gulped. There were more than 20 notifications. You racked your brain trying to think up an excuse.

"I-It's one of... my friends... yeah," you tried to laugh but it was evident that it was fake.

Yeonji raised her eyebrows, "Ah, I see... Which friend? And...Chen-biased?"

" Y-You don't know her! And yeah...Chen-biased..."

"I see, I see~" she nodded, "Then I can read the whole chat right? It's all girl talk so I'm sure there's no problem!"

Like a swift tiger, she pounced on your phone and tried to snatch it away.

"Ahneeyo~" you tried your best to prevent her from taking it. If only you didn't have a fever, you could have protected your secret. As expected, she snatched it with eagle speed and scrolled through the whole chat. You squirmed on your bed as she read the texts. After she finished reading, she stared at you with eyes that were full of disbelief and surprise.

"What!? What is this!?" she shouted, her voice shaking in the process.

You looked down and sighed. It was time now.

"It's Chen, right!? It's EXO's Chen, right!?" she shook your shoulder, trying to get an answer, "Right? (Y/n)-ah?"

You took in a deep breath, "Y-yeah..."

"A-and... that 'Neighbor Oppa?' It's Chen too...?" you could clearly sense the shock in her voice.

You nodded, "Yeah..."

 

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f6b4a7837685f646a3338485f45673d3d2d3438313833323739332e313465643665323837323162636534653131343730373837343932382e6a7067?s=fit&w=1280&h=1280