When The Number Of Friends That I Have Is Not The Number That I Claim It To Be

Date Act, Grade: A
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘You have basically no friends except from that Jonghyun guy from Nu’est and your weird club of five,’ he teased.

‘I so do!’ I protested obstinately, ‘I have loads! Probably more than you.’

‘Why don’t I ever see any more than those six then?’ said Mingyu passing by. I rolled my eyes for I saw that I was practically done for but as they say: Fake it till you make it.

‘Thanks bro, hate you forever,’ I muttered under my breath.

‘Heard that!’ My reply wasn’t quite muttering.

‘It’s just that those other friends that you never see…you know…speak English and I’m not so mean as to make you guys sit and listen to stuff that you won’t even understand because your English is simply not that good,’ I struggled, cheeks heating rapidly with the lie.

‘Right, so now your English is better than mine,’ Wonwoo nodded as if he completely accepted the fact and understood my rash reasoning.

‘Yeah! Exactly,’ I riled indignantly.

I let out silent sigh of relief feeling utterly at ease for I could almost see that he was going to drop the topic until he decided to drop a bombshell of a question. ‘Since your English is so good that you can manage to converse with native English speakers, why don’t you tell me something. Maybe it’s improved from the time of ‘FASHTION’.’

‘M-my name is Minghee. What is yours?’ I stuttered and he raised an eyebrow at the simple structure of the sentence.

‘Aaklhdfkjahiuheonsnckjnakjshfihwefnjdnckjasfiwienknf.’ Yep, I reverted to using a string of random letters and foolishly hoping that he’d buy the lie. Unfortunately, not. I mean I would be worried for his mental health if he thought my gabbling was true but my dignity was of dire need of preservation.

‘And that means…’

‘You are the stupidest person I’ve ever met which is why you should get out of my face before I punch you,’ my hand quickly shot out but his insane reflexes also shot out and caught my fist before it made a mark on his face.

‘Not so fast now,’ he tutted, ‘it would be a pity if your punch left me with a black eye because fans would be asking me a whole lot of questions and I would be left needing to point a finger at someone. And I don’t really think that you’re in a great position to be causing another controversy. Now, I may not be as smart as your brother but I do know that difference between English and pure gibberish which is exactly what has just come out of your mouth.’

‘But it was English,’ I insisted.

‘Joshua!’ he called.

‘NO! Don’t you dare. Please,please don’t humiliate me. I’ll do anything. Fine, I will even admit to it. I barely have friends. I BARELY HAVE FRIENDS! Stop it Wonwoo!,’ I pleaded.

Joshua’s head popped from behind the door frame. ’Need anything?’ he asked. I gazed at Wonwoo with pleading eyes.

Wonwoo smiled and waved him away,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter