When There Is An Insight To The Many Dimensions Of A Human Being

Date Act, Grade: A
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My phone alarm rang. 9:50am. I groggily did a 360 roll starting on my bed and ending on the floor. Ouch. But it did wake me up.

As the foaming in my mouth grew with my toothbrush's vigorous movements, a ping set off in my head. Choi Seungcheol and the plan. Conveniently, my phone rang, echoing in my ear canals coated with trepidation. I didn't even have to look to see who it was. Masked in innocence the guy was but no one really bothered to look underneath the childish facade. You really had to live with him for a good year to understand him. However, though you may understand him, you have to really live with him for decades to understand him to the fullest extent because he contains, as most people do, complexities that a mere day cannot reveal. One thing was for certain, missed appointments did not equate to a happy Seungcheol.

Tentatively, I swiped to answer and cautiously raised the phone a good ten centimetres away from my ear just in case my ear drums were in for ride a hundred decibels loud. 'S.Coups? Why, hello there,' I said forcing a smile, hoping a happier tone would come more naturally.

'I've replaced you. Jun's now on the plan. We decided that you didn't have enough of a baby face,' he sighed as if apologetic. Meanwhile, I sighed with relief and about Jun- he has more of a baby face than I do. Really? I decided not to dwell on the subject for too long for I had to stay intent on saving my own life instead of arguing about someone else's face.

'And for the record,' he resumed in a darker tone, 'don't think I didn't notice loud snores floating from your bedroom.' The line was severed. At least my life was not in danger for now.

Now that I was awake, I couldn't possibly go back to sleep and - 10:10am. Time flies fast even during idleness. As printed on my schedule, it was time. Time to feed my treasured beauties. My one and only loves. My tadpoles. 

A merry tune was hummed for yesterday was when the beginnings of legs started to bulge from the sides of my little babies. Oh the joy of seeing my children grow. This is how parents must feel everytime their child's birthday passes. Another day, another year older, another chance to re-evaluate, go back and become stronger. I began to stride towards the water tank, anticipating the elliptical circles they could swim. Ir was only until the first flakes of food were scattered that I realised that there were a lack of hungry mouths to savour the delicacy. In fact, there were no black bodies to dart around in the water. They were simply gone. 

And I knew exactly where.

One

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter