When Lies Feel Real

Date Act, Grade: A
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The pressure lifted and his hand decided to relocate around my shoulders. Silently, I stayed motionless, afraid to break the moment. So I froze. Shocked. I lowered my eyelids in order to assume a sleeping form and though running away from situations might not be the best solution there is no doubt that it was the easiest way out. And turning things complicated was the last thing I wanted. Think of all the explanations, the excuses and the awkwardness that was to come after. 

In my world of darkness, I had no awareness of the time or my surrounding so I just quietly drifted in my empty void, pondering on about the questions of life. Did I like Wonwoo? No. Right, so way are the butterflies in my stomach creating a tornado. MAYBE I do like him. Possibly. But then dammit. What if I confess first and he turns out to be kissing me just for fun cause why not? But MInghee, no sane person would ever do that? Question: Is Wonwoo a sane, normal person? Truthfully no. What sane normal person dares to indulge themselves in the World of Harry Potter? Plus no sane normal person lives in Slytherin. Am I a sane normal person? Ye-no. I mean sure I'm sane (Ravenclaw pride) but I'm definitely not normal. Never mind, all those questions did not matter for the real enigma was: Does he like me?

And it was about to be answered.

Gently, he poked my face to check if I was properly asleep. Obviously, I was not but I didn't dare move a muscle. He leaned in. I could feel the heat of his breath penetrating my ear and he whispered, annunciating every syllable carefully and clearly, 'I Love You.' 

I was positively dying inside. My original tornado of butterflies had now been added to with an extra tsunami and three whirlpools of even more butterflies and no doubt was I finding it progressively harder to not squirm and crack my facade. With a solid thump, I 'woke' up to the ride's end. 

Only silence cloaked us on our way out. Not even eye contact made its way between us but as soon as we took our seats on the last bus of the day, he began to laugh out loud, the intensity filling up all corners of the empty space. I lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter