When I Am Forced To Unreasonably Accommodate To The Netizens' Needs

Date Act, Grade: A
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dispatch can be an idol’s best friend providing proof of their innocence during a scandal. However, much of the pictures that Dispatch posts makes its way to being an idol’s number one public enemy and thing to avoid and unfortunately, not all of us are lucky enough to escape the cunning eye. The ‘us’ included me. To make things worse, my name was already number two on suggested searches and number one belonged to (surprise surprise) ‘tomatoes’.

I clicked to see I was currently the most popular article on Dispatch and scrolled down to find tens of pictures by members of the public showing poor me being shot down by tomatoes. Why of all things they could throw at me tomatoes? Only the comments could tell me why.

‘She’s so lazy and barely does anything to heal her reputation.’

‘All she does is lounge off with my precious Wonwoo. She doesn’t deserve him.’

‘This girl is a disgrace to the kpop culture. I’m so disgusted I can’t bring myself to even address her by her name.’

And then there was that one odd comment shedding light among all the haters.

‘Minghee unnie fighting:D’

I smiled at the sight of it. At least a glint of silver lining peeped out between those clouds.

 

 

 

‘What! No. No way am I going to film myself and apologise for not working hard enough. I have done nothing wrong.’ I stamped my foot stubbornly and ground it hoping that this would make my manager see that I was not going to do as he asked.

‘It’s literally only one video. It can’t hurt and this will show the people your humbleness and you will be in their favour,’ the CEO tried to reason out with me.

Why should I do something meaningless and without sincerity just to stay on someone’s positive side. I am a human too. Just because I am a singer doesn’t mean that I can bend down to people’s will like that. I have feelings. I have a life outside the stage. I also have pride.

‘Please, Minghee. You know how popularity works. You do this, netizens will appreciate you and then your popularity will soar. The citizens will buy your album and money comes in. If you don’t­­–’

‘I know, I know you’ve told me a thousand times. Accept it, nothing you can do will make me change my mind.'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter