Because I do

Fate

Tiffany POV

I was getting ready to head to SM, you know, the usual... Comeback preparations are a lot of work! The girls had all recorded their parts and now it was up to me, Seo and Taey to do our harmonisation parts in the song, and so we were all prepared to leave when a vibration in my pocket stopped me from walking any further. 

That's strange, I wonder who would be texting this early in the morning? Manager oppa's already here, so who else?

From: BB Youngbae oppa

Ahhh, wait, Bae oppa?? Does this have to do with our leaders?

"Wait, Seo, Taey, I'll be there in a minute, get in the car"

Hey Miyoung-ah, Jiyong wants to talk to me this early in the morning, something about "screwing up with Taeyeon"... Has Taeyeon said anything? If not, can you talk to her and see if anything's bothering her, without making our communication obvious? :)

Damn right it does, instincts never lie. So Jiyong oppa thinks he's screwed... And so does Taey... Aigoo these problematic lovebirds keke...

To: BB Youngbae oppa

Oppa, I talked to Taey last night after Jiyong oppa left, because I could tell she wasn't feeling great. I walked in and she didn't even realise I was there, and she looked so, broken... I think she thinks that Jiyong oppa doesn't like her and never wants to see her again? What about Jiyong oppa? Does he hate Taey (I highly doubt it...)

But I barely had time to wait for a reply, the girls were waiting and I couldn't exactly tell Taey that we had been "planning" her relationship with her Yongie oppa (is that what she calls him ??) the whole time... But I did distinctly remember how broken my best friend, the woman who I had known for fifteen years, had looked last night, as if Jiyong oppa leaving our dorm was the worst thing that could have happened in her life. And it worried me. But then her explanation for her sadness made me smile inside... Jiyong oppa never wants to see you again? He can't love you because he's too good for you? Really Taey? How has love, how can love possibly blind you for all the wrong reasons? Surely, you haven't alway been this dramatic...

Well, for now, I had to forget my worries as Hwang Miyoung and become SNSD's Tiffany, not giving Taey any doubts as to what I've been up to behind her back...

But then again, I can't help thinking about you, how will you handle tonight? You can't possibly hide your feelings any longer Taey...

Flashback

"Fany-ah what should I do?"

I've never, in my 15 years of knowing her, seen Kim Taeyeon looking so desperate, so helpless, so... sad... It broke me from the inside out... And what was worse was that she blamed herself for the pain she felt. She blamed herself for loving him, because she thought he didn't love her back. She blamed herself for love. It pained me so so so much. But what could I do? Not much... I had to be the supportive, caring best friend who didn't show any signs of sadness. I had to stay strong for Taey, even when she was willing to let herself feel so much pain. She was willing to be hurt that she couldn't love him as long as that meant not losing him.

"Taey..."

And then she looked at me, and her beautiful eyes were missing the twinkle they always had. It was there, I knew it, she was just doing all she could to hide it. All I saw in her brown eyes were sadness and pain. And confusion.

If only you knew the truth Taey.

But love is never that simple. It loves to pain those involved in its game before giving them happiness and joy. It loves to hurt those who fall too deep. But above all, it loves to create confusion. And that's what Taey felt right now. Confused.

"Taey, you can't hide it forever"

"I know"

Her voice was barely a whisper. And in those two words, she managed to capture the heartbreak and all the craziness she felt in that moment.

"But I have to. Or I'll lose him"

"Come on, Taey... You'll have to tell him"

Trying to knock some sense into Kim Taeyeon was completely impossible, not if she had already put her mind to something. This was going to be difficult...

"Fany I know... But I can't"

I was surprised she wasn't in tears yet. But I guess she felt so empty inside right now, that tears wouldn't even fall. Why though? All because of a misunderstanding. That Jiyong oppa thought Taey didn't love him, and he would lose her because of love. And because Taey thought Jiyong oppa didn't love her, and she would lose him because of love.

"Taey, I made that mistake once. I didn't want to confess because I was scared. But now I regret not voicing my heart out. I regret being afraid of my feelings. I wish I could turn back the time. So please Taey. I'm begging you. Don't make the mistake I made, and put yourself through all the pain. Confess to him. Even if it is indirect"

Please Taey. I can't possibly see you going through the pain that I went through. I can't put myself through that pain ever again. But seeing you like that would hurt my heart even more than it did when I lost him.

Seeing as though Taey looked to be deep in thought, I turned to leave. And as I shut the door behind me, I managed to hear my best friend whispering out into the silence.

"Thank you Fany... I guess it's time to face my feelings"

You can do this Taey. I believe in you.

Flashback end.

But problems had to wait. I can't possibly be thinking of your love life all day can I?

"All right girls, let's go"

 

Taeyeon POV

"Okay girls, thank you for your time and effort today! You can go home now, I think we've finished all the parts we had to do"

The recording had managed to take my mind off the thoughts that would have been running through my head all day, but now there were no distractions to keep me busy. And he would be at my house soon after we got back, if he was really coming today. How would I show my love to him? How can I indirectly confess? What do I do if he never wants to see me again? Will he ever want to see me again?

Will he actually love me back?

"Hey best, how are you feeling?"

Seohyun had dinner plans, I guessed Seungri just didn't know how to give up... and so Tiff and I were going back home without her. 

"You know, nervous. But I can't hide from my heart any longer, can I?"

I tried to show Fany that I would be fine, and that she didn't have to worry about me, but she can read me like an open book... Which can be both good or bad...

"Hey Taey, no need to be nervous. I'm sure it'll go better than you're expecting. I mean, who wouldn't want the goddess Kim Taeyeon as his girlfriend?"

"Yah! Fany-ah stop it!"

"What? I can't make any jokes regarding the perfectness of my best friend?"

"Oh, and you're not my best friend Fany! Sorry boo you've been replaced"

"BWOH? Who dared to replace me?"

"Jiyongie oppa... But I guess he'll be my boyfriend soon so you can have your place back by tonight, heheh"

Aigoo Taey, I'm so proud of you! Positive mindset hey?

And someone knew just how to make me feel happier. 

From: Jiyongie oppa :)

Hey Taengoo! I hope you're feeling okay... I'm waiting for you in your room, Yuri let me in :)

For some reason, Jiyongie oppa in my room, by himself, didn't make me feel uncomfortable. It made me feel happy. And I really wanted to tell him I loved him now, I guess he doesn't want to never ever see me again!

"Taey, we're here. In other words, good luck for tonight!"

"Aww thanks boo"

"I'll head inside, get your heart together and then follow me, good luck!"

Thanks Fany, you always know how to calm me down. I guess you should really stick to bein my best friend. Which means Yongie oppa will have to become something else. Something that would be decided tonight. Stranger or boyfriend.

 

Jiyong POV

I found myself inside Tae's room, and waited for her to come home. Yuri told me that she was finalising the recording for their comeback. I just finished looking at the posters which decorated her wall, when my phone flashed, indicating a new message.

From: Taengoo :)

Oppa! I'm okay, of course heheh!! I'm comingggg :)

And it made me smile. How can a simple text like that make me feel so happy? You really are special Tae... 

And then I heard footsteps. Your footsteps. Don't ask me how I know it's you. I just know. 

There was no use in hiding the fact that I liked you more than a friend anymore Tae. It was time today. To tell you. And even if it means losing you, at least I won't regret not telling you I love you. Bae's right. I need to face my feelings. I need to fight them. And I need to win.

And then you'll find your way into my life. Under your 'official' title... as a stranger, or a lover. I hope it's the latter.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a / n

I am so so so so so so so so sorry at how late this update is!!!!!! TT... Sometimes life doesn't let me write aigoo... I hope this didn't disappoint and I promise (I promise!!!) that I'll bring you gtae next chapter. The confessions, the emotional rollercoaster, the happiness. And I'l give you more chapter after that of happy gtae because you've stayed with me through my first fanfic, even though it could be heaps better. (I apologise for any grammatical errors TT)

pinkytiff801, soshigrace, mzlyod, AzulCielo, kesuma, hanlyn07, redstar_8788, danialiman632, brezamarie welcome to the story!!!

Comments are always much appreciated, and I know how the confessions will go! I'm so excited! :)

I don't think I'll be able to update tomorrow, but comments and upvotes motivate me to write so... hehe. I should be able to give you an update on Monday or Tuesday <3

 - vippandaarmy xx