Meeting

Fate

Jiyong POV

"Alright, Ji. I'll let you go from here. If you need me, I'm only a text away, ready to provide moral support!"

"Moral support, what a good joke Bae... Enjoy your date with your girl"

And without looking back to see my best friend blushing, I walked off, only to hear chuckling from inside the car. So Bae reall is going on a date. Must be good to have a girl. Well it's only a matter of minutes now until I get you

So this is what SM looked like... The building was well designed and clean, and very different from YG. In a good way, obviously, because it's your company.

"G-Dragon ssi?"

"Annyeong-haseyo Lee Sooman hyungnim!"

"Thank you very much for accepting our offer. I know you must be very busy!"

"Ah no Bigbang just wrapped up promotions so I'm not all too busy. And I can't wait to finally be working somewhere outside of YG... It's been too long"

"Well then, G-Dragon ssi, please come with me, I'll take you to the recording room."

"Please just call me Jiyong, sajangnim!"

"Okay Jiyong, only if you call me hyung"

"Neh, hyung"

"Okay, come with me, she should be here any minute."

She? Ahh yes, the singer. Wonder if it really is you... Wonder who it is... 

We walked up the stairs, mainly because I wanted to avoid meeting so many people inside the elevator and we only needed to get to the second floor. 

"So this is the room you'll be working in... Please just tell me if you need anything, make yourself comfortable. It's our pleasure at SM to have the great almighty G-Dragon here!"

"Hyung, don't say that!"

"Aigoo, okay. I'll be going then. She said she'll be here around 8"

8? Okay well it's 7.55... I guess I should start getting myself ready! Because I need to be in my best condition if it's you.

"Okay, thank you hyung!"

The door closed behind him, leaving me alone in the small recording studio. Trying to ignore the tingly sensations in my stomach, I read over the song lyrics I would be recording. But my mind somehow wouldn't focus. In the end, I found myself running over the possibilities as to who the female singer may be... F(x)? I don't think so, Red Velvet? Possibly... BoA? Nah, I highly doubt that... well that only leaves SNSD... in other words, it means it's probably you... Fany? Seohyun? Yuri? Hyoyeon? 

"G-Dragon sunbaenim?"

That voice, is it really you? sounds familiar... 

"Taeyeon ssi?"

So it really is you. Bae, it is one of them. One of your girl's girls... Taeyeon. I'm featuring on your solo album. I turned my head to see the nation's angel looking at me, her face filled with curiosity, as though she had had no idea I was to be the one sitting here, waiting for her. Her soft, brown eyes and her pink lips, she looked so beautiful. 

"So is it your solo album we're working on?"

Please say yes.

"Neh, are you my featuring artist?"

"I guess so?"

"Sorry, that was a silly question, sunbaenim'

Aigoo, so cute.

"Taeyeon ssi? I know we only just met, but I hate it when people call me G-Dragon off stage... Can you please just call me Jiyong? Or Jiyong oppa?"

Or even Ji? I don't know why, I want us to become friends... Or even lovers

 

 

Taeyeon POV

"So is it your solo album we're working on?"

How a person possibly look so perfect? Duh, it's G-Dragon. Wait, what? Is the King of Kpop featuring on my album? Was Fany's crazy prediction partially correct?

"Neh, are you my featuring artist?"

Uh, duh, why else would he be here? Stupid Taeyeon...

"I guess so?"

"Sorry, that was a silly question, sunbaenim"

"Taeyeon ssi? I know we only just met, but I hate it when people call me G-Dragon off stage... Can you please just call me Jiyong? Or Jiyong oppa?"

Omo! Did G-Dragon just ask me to call him Jiyong???? Ottoke!!!!! Ahhh, fangirl heart please calm down...

"O-okay Jiyong oppa"

What is this nervous feeling in my chest? Kim Taeyeon, relax!

"Oppa, can you please drop the formalities then, call me Taeyeon, not Taeyeon-ssi?"

Or even just Taey? I don't know why, I want to be your friend... And you to be my boyfriend

"Okay Taeyeon-ah. Do you want to start recording today?"

"Yes, oppa. I was hoping to get at least the chorus and verse 1 done today"

"Why? Want to get rid of me that quickly?"

Omo, crazy little heart, CALM DOWN. 

"I'm kidding Taeyeon, please don't hate me"

"Aigoo oppa! I don't hate you... Let's start recording now shall we?"

"Okay, you go in there and maybe we should start at the chorus. I read the lyrics by the way, did you write them? They're really good!"

"Yes, I wrote them oppa... Thank you for reading them... Can I read over the rap lyrics?"

"Sure... here"

I read them over, how is it possible to write such touching lyrics? The words are so real, I can feel the emotion coming behind them.... And it suits the song perfectly. It's perfect, just like you.

"Omo oppa they're so good!"

"Thanks? Glad you like them"

"Okay, I'll start recording now"

I headed into the booth and warmed up my vocal cords. I need to sound good today, G-Dragon's listening! Wait, he's producing! Pressure's on Kim Taeyeon! Okay, calm down. Let's do this.

Sky that pours light
I stand under it
Fly as if I’m dreaming
My life is a beauty

"Taeyeon, that was perfect!"

 

Jiyong POV

"Taeyeon, that was perfect!" 

Her voice is so soothing, and matches perfectly with the song... And the lyrics, they made me understand the message she wanted for this song to bring. There is a lot of hidden but strong messages in the song, and I hope my rap does this song justice... Pressure's on Jiyong-ah! Korea's angel is expecting a lot from you...

"Oppa, was it good enough, should I go again?"

"Only if you want to... I think it was perfect"

Well obviously, because it was you.

"The boys don't even get off this easy, I think it was perfect. No other word to describe it."

"Are you sure oppa?"

"Positive! But it is your song after all, do it again if you think you need to, but I wouldn't"

"Okay oppa I trust you... I'll come out then... Do you wanna do your part next?"

Wait, my part? Already?

"Okay, sure"

I stepped into the booth, and I couldn't help but notice how different it was from YG's studios. In a good way. Ottoke, I really hope this recording goes well. Well, here goes nothing.

"Ready Taeyeon?"

"Ready when you are oppa!"

Everything’s hard ’cause you’re young
Getting upset when you’re being nagged
A child who used to only get scolded
Barely passed twenty
Happiness is just momentary?!
It hurts ’cause you’re young 

 

Taeyeon POV

Past twenty, not yet thirty
In between, right there
When I’m not a kid or an adult
When I’m just me
I shine the brightest
So don’t get scared when darkness comes

You’re so beautiful that your flower will bloom
You’re always loved, you

I think G-Dragon magic just worked on me... Ah, how is his voice so captivating... I think I agree with you oppa, only perfect can describe this recording...

"What do you think Taeyeon?"

"Oppa, it's perfect"

Just like you

"Perfect... I can't find another word to describe it"

"Aigoo, Taeyeon... okay I'll come out then... well we've already done the chorus and first verse!"

"Do you mind if we keep going oppa? I'm really feeling something special today"

"Of course I don't mind! It's only 9 in the morning anyway... May as well keep going"

 

Jiyong POV

"Of course I don't mind! It's only 9 in the morning anyway... May as well keep going"

I could listen to your voice all day... I could listen to your voice for the rest of my life.

 

The rest of the recording went so smoothly, almost every part being done in one take. It was barely 12 when the whole song had been completed. 

"Taeyeon, congratulations! Finished recording!"

"Thanks oppa! Thank you so much for featuring in my album!"

"I would take you out to lunch if we weren't Kim Taeyeon and G-Dragon... It would probably cause a scandal if we went out to eat"

I can't wait until the day we can walk hand in hand in public without being worried of a scandal.

"Oppa! Why don't we just eat take away! I sai I'd eat with Tiffany but I'm sure she wouldn't mind you joining us"

"Okay, but only if it's okay with you... Do you mind if Youngbae joins us?"

"Of course he can! Is he with his girl?"

"Yeah, I think so... The lovebirds"

"Aigoo, yeah our Yuri is so in love with him"

"Haha, I'll just text him and see if he has plans for lunch"

"Okay, Fany said she'll be here by 1... so in like 5 minutes"

"Youngbae just said he and Yuri went out shopping but she had to go for a photoshoot, geez you girls are busy!"

"Yeah, we are"

"So he can join us for lunch, if you and Fany don't mind"

"Well Fany already knows you, I'm sure she won't mind Taeyang oppa joining us"

Wait, since when have I felt so comfortable talking to you? Are we friends?

 

Taeyeon POV

"Okay, Fany said she'll be here by 1... so in like 5 minutes"

"Youngbae just said he and Yuri went out shopping but she had to go for a photoshoot, geez you girls are busy!"

"Yeah, we are"

"So he can join us for lunch, if you and Fany don't mind"

"Well Fany already knows you, I'm sure she won't mind Taeyang oppa joining us"

Wait, since when have I felt so comfortable talking to you? Are we friends? 

I found myself asking...

"Oppa, are we friends?"

Please say yes, Jiyong oppa! I need you.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a / n

Wowee chapter 3 up! What did you guys think? Too long? haha

aegyobby thank you so much for the upvote! <3

Thank you so much to everyone who actually bothers to read this (both the story and the a/n)... I really appreciate it! And to my 60 subbies! Never in the world would I have thought there would be so many of you! I'll try not to disappoint but the pressure's on!!! I guess gtae will have to do their magic!

So yeah, Youngbae and Yuri... Who's Fany's bf??

And are gtae friends? Or not yet?

Oh and for anyone who's confused, all the thoughts in italics are not actually going through ji or taey's heads... but they're the thoughts that appear in ji and taey's heads when they recall these situations from their memories - future thoughts in a way i guess?? haha sorry if I was confusing you with that...

Comments are much appreicated as always! I love you all <3

 - vippandaarmy xxx