Best friends

Fate

Jiyong POV

"Hyung why are you giggling like a little boy who just got free ice cream? Ooooh have you finally found a girl?"

Aigoo Seungri... Yes, the boys decided to crash at mine to celebrate the end of our promotions and maknae found a chance to make a fuss over nothing... Apprarently Tae's text was enough to make me smile... Wait I was smiling? Kim Taeyeon what are you doing to me??

"Aish Lee Seungri, it's nothing"

"Nothing my Ji, you've been staring at your phone for the past half hour"

Really, hyung? You're not exaggerating? Oh wait, Taeyeon texted me 30 minutes ago... What have I been doing for the past half hour? Aigoo Jiyong-ah why is Taeyeon having such a big impact on you? She's not going to be yours.

"Seunghyun hyung, I'm just happy that we've made it so far, you know. As Bigbang. 10 years. Who would have thought we would have a achieved so much?"

Since when did you get so good at lying Kwon Jiyong?

"Our leader is so cheesy... and so sweet. Your girl is really lucky"

"YAH SEUNGRI I DON'T HAVE A GIRL!!"

Wait why are you getting so worked over this Ji? Why does it matter if you have feelings for Taeyeon? It's not like you've ever been this despertate to hide a love interest from the boys before... Why is it so different now?

"Seriously though guys, I'm not kidding when I say I'm so proud of us. 10 years of hardships, scandals, insecurities, and doubts. 10 years of happiness, success, achievements and joy. 10 years that were only possible because I had the four of you by my side. I love you guys, and I'm serious when I say this"

"Aigoo Jiyong-ah we didn't gather for you to make us all cry, this is supposed to be a happy occasion"

Okay Bae way to spoil the mood I was building up... And Kim Taeyeon, why are you the only person one my mind whilst I'm saying these things to my boys? Why can't I seem to forget about you? Aish I'm going crazy, is it only me? 

 

Several hours passed, and then Seungri and Daesung announced that they'd be leaving first, as they had to film for a variety show the next day. Soon after, Seunghyun hyung also left, saying something about visiting his girl tomorrow... And so that left me with Bae, which was what always happened... We would have group catch ups but I would always eventually find myself inside the company of my best friend. Dong Youngbae. Whom I had known for 17 years, and who was more than a friend, more than a brother. My point is, he could read me back to front.

"Ji, what's the real deal between you and Taeyeon?"

Aish, you really had to bring it up Bae...

"Hmmm?"

"Come on Ji I'm your best friend, you can't lie to my face saying you were sitting there smiling like an idiot for 30 minutes thinking about Bigbang's past 10 years... If it wasn't for your half decent acting skills I would have blown your cover then and there."

"You really know me to well Bae..."

It was more like a half-whisper but Bae seemed to catch my words.

"I've known you for more than half your life Ji, I know you almost better than I know myself"

His words may seem hard to believe, but I believe them, because it's the same for me. I know this man better than I know myself, and I can tell what's going through his head, without asking. He knows I like Taeyeon, what's the use in hiding it?

"I know"

"So do I"

"Hmm?"

"I know you like Taeyeon"

I knew it. You know me too well"

"Maybe"

"Ji, it's pretty obvious"

"Am I really that obvious Bae?"

"To me, at least"

But what about to everyone else? Tae, are you aware of my feelings towards you?

Because with your smile, your voice, you found youur way into my life, my heart. You are now a part of me, and I need you, I'll figure it out soon enough.

"Bae"

"Yeah?"

"Please don't tell anyone"

"I wasn't planning on doing so..."

"Thanks Bae"

"Ji?"

"Hmm?"

"Good luck with her. I sincerely hope you find your true happiness with Taeyeon. You deserve it, Ji"

Thanks Bae, I love you. You have no idea how much this means to me. I'm not alone in my crazy imagination anymore...

"You have my support, Ji"

 

Taeyeon POV

"Taey... You in there?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Can I come in?"

"Sure"

My best friend walked into my room, sitting on my bed, and watching me closely. Her warm eyes were trying to send me a message of some sort... But what?

"Fany, what is it? Do I have a bug on my face?"

"No, it's not that best, you look beautiful"

"Um, I know, but thanks?"

Surely, Tiff you didn't come in here just to stare at me and tell me I'm beautiful?

"Best, I just wanted to say good luck for today"

Today? Wait you know about my plans for today? 

"Don't worry, I'm not a stalker, Taey! I can explain... Seunghyun oppa asked me whether you were busy today, and I was wondering if he was contemplating cheating on me,"

"FANY! Of course not!"

"I know, I know, but then he told me Youngbae oppa asked him to ask me, so I assumed Jiyong oppa was the one who wanted to know whether you were free or not"

How did you know? Am I an open book Fany? Am I that easy to read? Or maybe you just know me too well...

"Taey, I can see you are truly happy around him. I may have only seen it with my own eyes for a little less than an hour but even that small amount of time was enough, Taey. I've known you long enough I can tell when you're faking happiness and when you're truly happy. And Jiyong oppa makes you truly happy. Go to him, Taeyeon. You can do this"

Aww Fany-ah how can you know exactly how I feel? You truly know me too well best, but seeing as you already know the truth, I don't see the point in hiding it from you...

"You can do it Taey, go have fun today, with Jiyong oppa. I sincerely hope you find your happy ending with Jiyong oppa, but of course, only if you truly want it"

"Thanks, best. You have no idea how much it means to me"

"Anything for you, best. You have my suppport. But now, go to him! He's waiting for you!!"

And then I was finally reminded of him. Well, he had been on my mind this whole time, but now my whole mind was focused on Jiyong oppa. My Yongie oppa, who invited me on a "date" today.

From: Yongie oppa :)

Tae! I'm waiting for you outside yours and Fany's house. Take your time, I can't wait to see you again!

And before I knew it, I was out of the house. 

"Bye, Fany! Enjoy your date with Seunghyun oppa!"

"Have fun best! Enjoy your date with Jiyong oppa!"

Jiyong oppa. Yongie oppa. There he was. Looking more handsome than he had the last time I saw him. Smiling at me.

"Tae!! I missed you!"

Aigoo, here it goes again. Please, please little heart, calm down. I need to stay calm today.

"Yongie oppa! It feels like I haven't seen you in so long, even though I've only seen you properly once! Weird isn't it?"

Because now, I don't know how I lived my life without you, before that fateful day where you found your place in my life. And I don't know you all that well, but I know you enough to know that I don't want to lose you. I can't lose you. I can feel that you're someone special to me. But I'm scared to tell you. What if I'm nothing but another friend to you? I can't lose you oppa.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a / n

Thank you for all the support! I can't believe I'm actually doing this - writing a fanfic, it still doesn't seem real haha

So gtae both have feelings for each other, but don't think the other likes them back... And yes, as some of you commented, TopFany is in the house keke

Thank you to VanillaMaple, mitaaa19, joanmarieeee, sheishei88, bigbang0388, serenity39, KrystalBiased, BarcAsih for subscribing! <3

And thank you aceyuri, bigbang0388, mirantialimin for upvoting! Never in a million years would I have imagined an upvote on my story, let alone several. 

I love every single one of you who has taken the time to read down to here, I'll try to update again tomorrow, I'll be ending it in a couple I think... Maybe 3 and maybe an epilogue if anyone wants one... we'll see when we get there :)

 - vippandaarmy xxx