Do you love me?

Fate

Jiyong POV

*Knock knock*

"Who is it?"

Me, obviously... I mean who else would it be? 

"Who do you think it is?"

"Ah come in oppa"

And like that, I found myself in her room. Just like any other day. It was almost like I had found myself a new best friend (please don't tell Younbgbae I ever said that, Tae doesn't want Fany to find out either). Our friendship had reached a stage where we were so open with each other, and talked to each other regarding pretty much everything in our lives. Everything, well except for our feelings of course. I just didn't know when it would be appropriate to tell her I liked her. More than a friend. I mean like, sure, do you walk in and say "Oh Taeyeon by the way, I love you". I don't want to ruin the friendship we have. And yet I don't want our friendship to stay the way it is.

"Hey Tae, what's up?"

"Nothing much, we're preparing for a comeback I think"

"And you're telling me, from your rival company? Nice one Tae!"

"Aish oppa, stop scaring me like that"

"Anniya Tae, I would never tell YG that SNSD is having a comeback... He doesn't exactly know about our rel-, anni friendship"

Thank goodness I managed to put it that way! I was that close to saying "our relationship"... Which wouldn't be wrong, would it?

"Aw thank you oppa! Imagine if SM found out about my best friend being G-Dragon"

"Omo, I'm your best friend?"

Take that Hwang Miyoung!

"Hmm? Am I not yours?"

Sorry Youngbae... I think you might have to share me as your best friend.

"No, of course you are!"

"Omo! I'm G-Dragon's best friend!!!!!! Take that all you delusional fans! He likes me more than you!"

 

Taeyeon POV

"Omo! I'm G-Dragon's best friend!!!!!! Take that all you delusional fans! He likes me more than you!"

Crap... Did I just say that out loud? Did I just indirectly confess my feelings?

"Aigoo Tae, you're so cute"

OPPA DON'T MAKE MY HEART FLUTTER LIKE THAT! How come I've been talking to you in person on a daily basis for like 6 months now and I still get nervous around you? Are we really just friends?

"Oppa, stop making me blush"

Whoops, wrong choice of words Taeyeon...

"Bwoh? I make you blush? Aigoo my Taengoo is so adorable"

Taengoo? Did you just call me Taengoo?? How did you know my favourite number is 9? Aish oppa are you a stalker?

"Did you just call me your Taengoo?"

"Yeah, why? Don't like it?"

Aish how can I not like it when you sound so cute saying it?

"Anni oppa I love it"

"Okay I'll call you that from now on Tae"

"Then let me call you Jiyongie oppa"

"Aww we sound so cute together, Taengoo and Jiyongie"

WAIT WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY? UMMM WE SOUND SO CUTE TOGETHER???? ARE YOU GIVING ME HOPE KWON JIYONG??????????

 

Jiyong POV

Crap, this is bad. Did I seriously just say that out loud? Crap. Crap. What do I do now? She looks utterly shocked. Have I just ruined my chances? Ottoke??

"Oppa?"

Nice one Jiyong, let the girl find her tongue first. Great. Looks like you've just ruined whatever you had with Taeyeon.

"Hmm?"

"Did you mean it the way I think you meant it?"

Jiyong, focus. She's about to end everything and cut all ties with you. You can't lose her!

"How do you think I meant it?"

Taengoo why are you going so red? Why am I so good at embarrassing you? 

"Umm, it's a little bit awkward to say it with my own mouth..."

Crap. So you know what I meant.

"That I like you?"

"Yeah..."

"And what will you do if I say I do?"

"What do you mean oppa?"

Ahhhhh why do you have to be so innocent Tae? It's breaking me.... I can't do this to you, telling you my feelings towards you, I just can't burden you. But I'm too selfish to let you go...

"Anniya Taeyeon, don't worry"

 

Taeyeon POV

"Anniya Taeyeon, don't worry"

Taeyeon?? So we've gone back to full names now? Oppa is this your way of telling me you don't like me in that way? Just say it, so I have no false hope to grab onto. I should know I'm not the one for you, and yet here I am, thinking that we are so perfect for each other...

"Okay oppa..."

Don't make it so obvious Taeyeon! Hide your disappointment right this minute. You can't let your Jiyong oppa know you love him more than you should. It'll only put pressure on him that he doesn't need.

"Well, I guess I'll take that as my note to leave? Bye Taeyeon"

My heart was too numb to reach out and tell him to stop walking. To come back. And for once, I wanted to be selfish. To admit my feelings towards him and tell him that I want him to be my source of happiness. Why does Yuri get to have Youngbae oppa? And how come Fany can be so happy with Seunghyun oppa? Soonkyu and Dae oppa are perfect for each other... And poor maknae is constantly being pressured by Seungri oppa... Why can't I be the one to take Jiyong oppa? I really wanted him to stop, look back at me for once. To tell me that he loves me. But that was never going to happen. I should have known from the start.

"Oppa! Jiyong oppa!"

"Hmm?"

"Are you coming tomorrow?"

"Of course!"

So he wasn't giving up on me. Not yet anyway. Not until I finally confessed how I felt. And then, he would leave me. The only solution I could think of was not ever telling him I loved him. But that would pain my heart. It was either going to be losing him, or losing myself. And, cheesy as it may sound, I would rather lose myself.

 

Youngbae POV

"Hey Bae, are you still home?"

Jiyong? No, it can't be... Why and how would he be up at this hour?

"Yeah, why?"

"Can we talk? I think I screwed up with Taeyeon"

Ah, so it's about Taeyeon... That makes sense

"Okay, do you want to come to my room, or should I go to yours?"

I grabbed my phone from my bedside to shoot Tiffany a text.

To: SNSD Tiffany

Hey Miyoung-ah, Jiyong wants to talk to me this early in the morning, something about "screwing up with Taeyeon"... Has Taeyeon said anything? If not, can you talk to her and see if anything's bothering her, without making our communication obvious? :)

"I'll come to yours"

"Okay"

It had barely been a minute, and my best friend walked into my room, hair messy and clothes from yesterday night. His face looked as if he'd been crying all night, and he wore the expression that only appeared when he was so stressed, the last time I saw it was when he "didn't have any inspiration" for Bigbang's album. Goodness Ji, what happened to you?

"Are you alright?"

Stupid Dong Youngbae, does he look alright?

"Nup"

Good, at least you're being honest with me.

"What's going on? You look scary, to be honest"

"Aigoo, where should I start?"

"Wherever you need to"

"Okay, here goes... So you know how I go to Tae every night?"

I nodded in response, telling him to continue.

"Well yesterday, I went as usual, and we were just talking about random things, and it got to her telling me that SNSD was having a comeback. I asked her whether it was a smart idea telling me, from SM's rival company, but then I assured her I wouldn't tell anyone, like Hyunsuk hyung doesn't even know that we see each other after I featured in her album. And while I was saying that, I almost slipped into saying 'he wouldn't even know about our relationship'..."

"But that's not all Jiyong, I can tell"

"You really know me too well Bae..."

Tell me about it... Almost too well...

"Well anyways, so I guess that gave her a hint as to what I see her as. Then we went on and she claimed I was her best friend, and I had to say she was mine, sorry bro you've been low key replaced"

"Ha ha very funny. At least you've still got your crazy sense of humour intact"

"Thanks Bae. Anyways, the next thing was that she told me to stop making her blush, and I called her Taengoo, which I never had before. She teased me about it and ended up calling me 'her Jiyongie oppa'... and then I screwed up"

Sounds cute to me, Taeyeon calls him 'her Jiyongie oppa'?? This is so cute.

"I bet it wasn't that bad Ji"

"Well, it was. You know we're only supposed to be best friends at most, I guess I should be happy with that, but I want her to be mine. I don't know why, but she's so special. And you know that. Well, she doesn't. And I don't think she thinks that way of me either... Well I screwed up, because I couldn't stop my silly voice in time, and ended up saying 'Aww we sound so cute together, Taengoo and Jiyongie'... And I don't think she thought it was all that cute. I really hope she doesn't hate me. But I think she does. I can't lose her Bae, I don't know what to do..."

Have I ever told you that my best friend can be a drama queen sometimes? Because see it for yourself. He honestly thinks Taeyeon won't ever want to see him again. Pathetic, if you ask me. You have to be blind to tell that Taeyeon doesn't have feelings for Jiyong. I guess Jiyong is blind. Blinded by love. But in the wrong way.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a / n

I'm sorry I didn't get to update yesterday! TT mianhaeyo...

This chapter continues into the next one, which should be ready for tomorrow... but I'm scared to promise now... 

I said there would be no angst, but I couldn't hold off from not having any drama at all, this isn't a lot, but it's not all fluffy... And the story will probably take a few more than planned to wrap it up now... Gtae feels are consuming me right now... 

Thank you to ahxreumkwn, leetaerin93, exora418, 58071357713 for subscribing! 

And Tiatioot and Lacey683 for upvoting! <3

I love you all so so much! And all the comments are appreciated! Next chapter will be Taeyeon talking to Fany about the encounter, and then soshibang and gtae talking over what happened. Should be some clearing of confusions, and the confession (from either jiyong or tae - please comment who you think should confess first I can't choose HAHA) might be in the next chapter... Who knows!

 - vippandaarmy xxxxx