Curse of the Gifted

Black Widow

The night embraces the sky and all of them where inside the rest house owned by Soyee. The three human were impressed as how simple yet marvelous house was. Sometimes they wonder if vampires were rich by nature.  Even the books and the movies support that thinking.

It was time for dinner and all of them were seated in a huge size table. The vampire’s uncle was seated in the center while the vampires were seated to their respected partners. Dishes of all kind were served and the impression that Soyee was giving the humans were unimaginable already.

“Are vampires usually rich?” Eunwoo asked. Soyee laughed at the question but later on responded.

“Well, not everybody. There are vampires who do not have some decent home.” Soyee explained.

“And these are the bad vampires?” Eunwoo asked again.

“I wouldn’t blame you if you get that from the movie you watch but they are not usually bad but the drive for thirst makes them homeless. They are usually on hunt which is why they don’t stay at home.” Soyee added.

“Unnie, you should really ask your girlfriend to stop watching too much movies.” Siyeon said to Kyulkyung.

“You can’t blame her, she’s dating a vampire and books and movies are her way of finding things about vampires.” Sungyeon commented defending Eunwoo who showed thumbs up.

They were asked to start eating and Siyeon was putting foods on Sungyeon’s plate which the later find a little cringy. She couldn’t believe that the girl who tried to her dry is making a move to impress her. She glanced on the person who was staring at her and saw Eunwoo teasing her with her eyebrows.

The silence was broken when their uncle started to asked questions, mostly directed to the humans. Their full attention was on Hana when she was asked on how she met Soyee. Reminiscing what had happened to them and how things escalated quickly made her smile.

“Soyee saved me from a near death accident” Hana said.

“And then?” Kyulkyung asked.

“I couldn’t thank her enough so I visit her in her office”

“Then?” Siyeon asked this time.

“Something happened between us and then she asked if I want to be her girlfriend so I said yes”

“What is this “something” that happened to you and unnie?” Kyulkyung added. She made sure that she quoted the word something with her fingers.

Hana’s cheek flushed red and by the looks of it you know that it is something that you should talk about in public. Kyulkyung and Siyeon were waiting for the girl’s answer.

“Enough of interrogating my girlfriend please” Soyee said.

“Oh man! I wish I can also read minds as powerful as you unnie” Siyeon said.

The other vampires laughed. Hana’s cheeks were still flustering red and Soyee has to squeeze her leg from below the table to calm her down. Soyee smiled at her and Hana swear she wanted to take Soyee again to bliss.

-0-

The dinner was finished but the three vampires where in a room with their uncle. They knew that there was another why Eric was there.

“Uncle, what really is the intention of you visiting us?” Soyee asked.

“I told you, I thought there was some tension between you that’s why I am here” Eric responded.

“We know that there is more to that uncle” Kyulkyung added.

“We are not kids anymore uncle” Siyeon said.

“Okay, I’m here to tell you that the Blood Moon is about to happen”

“What does that mean?” Siyeon asked confused.

“It means that one of us should get married” Kyulkyung responded.

“Oh, Kyulkyung unnie can just marry Eunwoo unnie” Siyeon replied with a smile on her face but faded upon seeing the older ones with serious face.

“That’s not it Siyeon, you must marry someone of the same kind” Eric said.

“What!” Siyeon reacted.

“I know this is coming but I never thought it is so soon. What will happen if we don’t?” Kyulkyung asked.

“Someone will be a sacrifice and vanish to the thin air” Eric said with a sad tone.

“Why can’t we marry the person we love!” Siyeon protested.

“It’s a curse” Soyee replied.

“A curse?” Siyeon is beyond confused now.

“It was a curse given to our family ever since we decided not to drink human’s blood” Eric explained.

Siyeon’s expression went darker. If she was her previous self she would tell them “I told you so” but now that she begin to love the humans and understand her older siblings she grimaced in the idea that someone has to make a sacrifice.

“Uncle, who’s the chosen one this time?” Soyee asked.

“I’m sorry to say but it is not one of you but that certain someone that is dear to you. Someone that made your heart beat as if you are a mortal being” Eric explained.

Siyeon was about to say something but her head hurt and the gift of seeing the future strike her again. She saw images of the three women they love and clearly sees Kyulkyung as the one who should fulfill the duty. She saw that the gray-eyed girl was on her knees, crying her eyes out. She then saw particles in the air and she saw Kyulkyung holding to what she sees as Eunwoo. Eunwoo is the chosen one.

She shook her head and tried to remove the idea but Soyee was able to read her mind. Upon seeing their faces Kyulkyung knew that she is the one who must fulfill the promise, if she disobeys, it will cost the woman she love the most life.

She dropped on her knees and started crying. She didn’t know how to react and so thus the other people in the room. It was true, Eunwoo is the only one who made her heart beats. She did not want this but she does not want Eunwoo to vanish either.

Soyee went to her which was later on joined by Siyeon. Kyulkyung hugged Soyee as she sobs. Vampires has feelings too.

“Don’t worry will find a way to get through this.”

-0-

After the talk , the vampires decided to go the where the other 3 girls were waiting. Kyulkyung saw Eunwoo standing on the balcony and admiring the view. She stood behind her and back hug her. Eunwoo does not need to be told to know that it was her. Kyulkyung then rested her chin on Eunwoo’s shoulder. The other girl responded by caressing the arms that’s wrapped around her with her hands. No words were needed.

Soyee who was watching from behind was her head hung low. She couldn’t believe that this is where it leads. All that Kyulkyung did was to love someone who made her feel human.

“Is there something wrong?” a voice from beside her said.

Soyee looked at the direction and saw that it was Hana who was standing there for a while observing her. She did not say anything but hug the smaller girl. Hana did not say anything but hug back.

Siyeon was also there on the other side. She was just silently watching her older siblings. She couldn’t take it she decided to go outside. She sat on the stairs that will lead inside the house. She wanted to cry and scream but nothing is coming out. She might be youngest but she knows the pain of losing someone you love.

“Maybe a cup of hot chocolate will clear some of your thoughts?” Sungyeon said offering the drink. Siyeon accepted it and the later sat beside her.

“How long have you been there behind me?” Siyeon asked.

“Not even a minute, but I saw you head outside and saw you sitting her alone so I decided to keep you company” Sungyeon replied.

“Thank you”

“It seems like the talk with your uncle did not go well”

“Not really, we just learnt something we did not see coming”

“Must be serious that a cocky person like you seems to be bothered”

Siyeon put the cup down that she was about to sip and looked at Sungyeon. The girl give a hearty laughed and raised her one hand up.

“Alright I was just trying to cheer you up”

“Is that how you cheer up someone?”

“Nope, I was just trying to distract you actually”

“Thank you though”

“If you need help, I’m willing to help you”

Siyeon smiled at the offer. She didn’t realize that Sungyeon is starting to ease up with her. This is also a surprise to Sungyeon herself but she can’t help but to open herself to Siyeon. After all, Siyeon was there to help here and she is not used to Siyeon being this down.

-----0-----

A/N: Wow, this update really did take awhile. Apologies if this story is taking longer than the usual. I wish I could buy more time to finish everything. Woah, this fic is finally coming to an end, yes, conflict means an end. Please do not kill me if I put a little drama into this story. I just thought that maybe a little spice will do?

Thank you to those subscriber who've been following this story. I will try my best to give you more chapter updates and somehow a good story. I hope that this fic somehow eases your longing for the girls. I know for sure that they are preparing for something for us. Don't lose the hype pleae.