Crimson Red

Black Widow

It was another day for Eunwoo, her life was ordinary and it is getting more boring as day passes by. She needed new adventure and she needed to escape the hustle and bustle of the city and her ordinary life.

She’s a charmer, fun and easy-going but with things being the same as the usual, the fun in her starting to deplete. She stretched her hand as she was in front of her computer for the past hours. The tick clocks and her shift would end. She stared at the monitor and sighed as thing were just the same.

“Hey Eunwoo, did you hear the news?” her officemate taking her attention.

“What news?” Eunwoo asked.

“Dead bodies were found and you know what’s hot?”

“What?”

“It is believe that a vampire did it”

“Cut it off Ahn Yeseul! It’s 2017 and there is no vampire” Eunwoo’s other officemate in.

Eunwoo laughed at the two, pretty interesting but her officemate was right. In this generation, a thing like vampire was good as myth. Time hits 6 PM and time for them to go home. Eunwoo closed all the tabs, making sure that those needed for tomorrow were saved. She turned her computer off and fixed her things.

“Hey do you guys want to hit the club?”

“Thanks but I think I need to go home.”

“Come on Eunwoo, it’s Friday and I know you are bored”

“Yeah that’s right, Sohee is right. You really look bored” her officemate Yeseul said.

Eunwoo sighed, they were right. She had been bored that she even dragged herself to work. She lost the interest with everything. She sighed again and nodded. She needed this.

They all headed to the club downtown. Her officemates told her that it was new and a talk of the town. They entered the club and Eunwoo were greeted by a waiter aiding them to go to their table. There was a pool inside the club and beside it was the DJ’s booth. Some people were playing at the pool and some were losing themselves on the dance floor.

Yeseul and Sohee dragged Eunwoo to the dance floor and the DJ started to blast the house with his mixes. Sohee handed Eunwoo a glass of wine which she gulped in one go. Eunwoo’s body swayed to the beat of the music, her body losing control. She could see people around her started to come near her. She then saw a woman from the other side of the club.

The woman’s stare was captivating. She smiled at Eunwoo and she felt like she was drowning into her. She saw the woman drank another glass but Sohee said something, she went back to see the woman but she was not in there anymore.

She continued dancing and gulping the drinks that was given to her. She then felt a pair of hands on her waist, she swayed her hips from left to right and grinded herself to stranger that was holding her waist, she turned around and see no one. She let it go and continued drinking.

She suddenly felt dizzy and went back to the room that they reserved. As the night deepened, the effect of the liquor in their body strengthen. Time to say goodbye and Eunwoo’s friend started to part ways with her.

She was left alone. Sohee went with another girl named Chaekyung and Yeseul went someone named Seojung. She walked around the area to find a taxi, she’s still dizzy and she couldn’t believe her friends left her like that. She walked towards an alley and this started to give Eunwoo some shivers.

Her sight was starting to get blurry but she needed to walk. She then saw some people walking opposite of her. She asked them for directions.

“Where’s the nearest taxi stand?”

“We can take you home” the man whispered on her ear.

From the looks of it, Eunwoo seemed to be in trouble. The man grabbed her hand and forces her to the darker part of the alley. Another man grabbed her other hand and was dragging her. Eunwoo tried to escape but she was so drunk to fight. Besides she was not that physical.

She was pushed down and saw those man starting to undress themselves, she just closed her eyes and accepted her faith. She then saw another stranger strangled those men.

“How can you take advantage of a drunken woman?”

“Well, if not her then let’s have you then”

But before those dirty men do something on the stranger, Eunwoo could see the stranger that had beaten those men. She saw her breaks their necks. Those men were now lifeless on the ground.

She stood up but loses her balance. The stranger catches her and leaned her to the wall. Though Eunwoo’s sights were blurry, she could see that the stranger’s eyes were red.

“Why are you walking in a dark alley drunk and alone?”

“I…” but even before Eunwoo could answer, she saw the stranger’s teeth, and it was sharp. No it was not an ordinary teeth, it was a fang. Eunwoo closed her eyes, that’s it this was her end, too much for wanting fun.

“Siyeon, stop it!”

“What are you doing her Kyulkyung?”

“Spare her”

“Why would I?”

“Because I said so”

“Soyee will not like this”

“I know, and she doesn’t need to know”

Siyeon then threw Eunwoo to the girl named Kyulkyung. Eunwoo was in the arms of Kyulkyung while Siyeon left already. She looked at Kyulkyung’s eyes, it was red as Siyeon’s but Kyulkyung’s eyes were softer.

She studied her features and saw that the girl has hangs too. It was too much for Eunwoo and she loses consciousness.