Penumbral Begins

Black Widow

Tonight, it’s the night. The moon is doing its wonders and this is the sign that they were all been waiting for but for Kyulkyung it is the sign that she does not want to see nor wish to come.

It could have been a perfect night to whisper love under the moonlight but faith has its own plan or was it really faith. She sighed, keep on sighing. She needed to move, to decide. The girl she love is in danger but whether she do what was needed she will still break her heart.

“I know it’s hard but you must do what is right.”

She heard her uncle said, her mind is clouded, her heart is breaking.

“Think about her, don’t leave anything out, a doubt will just make the night long.”

She does not understand everything but she must do what is needed to be done. She nodded. She had decided. She will do what is right and tonight, it will end.

“I’m going to see Eunwoo, let us be, for the last time” she said.

They let her go, whatever she was thinking, they wouldn’t know. What they know is she is hurting and she needed time to sort out her emotions. They watch her in distress, the shadow of loneliness surrounding her. The darkness swallowed her as she accepts the pain that incorporates fulfilling what seems to be a painful gift.

-0-

“Come on! Hurry” Siyeon commanded Sungyeon.

“Okay”

“Open it!”

“Alright, it’s my apartment okay, why in a rush?”

“Just open it”

Sungyeon just shrugged her shoulders, she does not understand why Siyeon was in hurry. She was dragged into her own apartment and she have no idea why. Flushes of thoughts on her mind and some of it are a little too R-18. She was smiling on her mind but kind of nervous. She flicks the switch to lit her apartment and her jaw dropped upon seeing Soyee and Hana on her living room.

“What? How?” she asked.

“Magic” Soyee simply replied.

“So that’s why you were in a rush going here?” she asked Siyeon.

“Yes, we have something important to discuss” Siyeon replied.

“I thought we are about to –“

“What?” Siyeon asked.

“Nevermind.”

Soyee laughed with what Sungyeon was thinking. She shook her head with the cluelessness of her youngest sister. Hana, who was also with then is also clueless. She was dragged by her girlfriend and was surprise to know that it was Sungyeon’s apartment.

“So what is this important matter that we are all gathered here in my apartment? And why the two of you are here?” the vampire hunter asked again.

“I called them here” the youngest vampire replied.

“What? You invited them in my house without my permission?”

“Sungyeon, please this is not the best time to argue.”

“Alright, what is this very important matter that we need to discuss that we are all gathered here without my permission?”

“It’s about Kyulkyung and Eunwoo unnie”

“What about them?” Hana asked.

“They are bound to be separated because of a curse” Soyee explained.

“What?” Hana and Sungyeon said almost at the same time.

“Our family is cursed for turning away from drinking human’s blood” she added.

“Siyeon almost me dry” Sungyeon replied.

“Okay, that was a mistake, you don’t need to bring that up”

“What will happen?” Hana’s concern is growing.

“Kyulkyung needs to marry someone of our own kind and if not Eunwoo will die” the oldest vampire continued.

“What should we do then?” Sungyeon is finally getting serious.

“We need to find a way on how to stop this.” Siyeon said.

“How are we going to that Siyeon?” Soyee asked.

“That’s why we are here in Sungyeon’s place. Since you are a vampire hunter you might have a vast knowledge about us that we, vampires might not even know.” All eyes are now on Sungyeon.

“I…actually don’t know what to do” Sungyeon said as a matter of fact.

“But I have a collection of books and materials that could help us” she added.

The gloom in their eyes were someone lighted, Hana, being a vampire enthusiast also gave them hope as the oldest vampire’s girlfriend has a wide connections that could help them find a cure to what seems to be a very painful break-up.

-0-

She just reached her apartment and could sense some presence. She smiled as the aroma of what seems to be a home cook meal reaches her nostrils.

“She’s here” she mutters to herself.

She removed her shoes and went straight to her humble kitchen. There she is, the love f her life, standing in front of the stove, cooking something special as she sees. She is the better cook between the two of them.

She walks slowly. Maybe she can surprise her lover, she looks so tempting in that apron. Her jet-black hair was dancing as she moves from the table and back to the stove. She tiptoed as she was nearing her but stopped before she can even reach her.

“Don’t think about it Jung Eunwoo” she said.

“I really can’t surprise you huh?” the blonde girl asked.

“I’m a vampire, I can feel you”

“That’s sad, anyways I will do what I plan to do still”

“What?”

She stood behind Kyulkyung and gave her a back hug. The vampire smiled with the sweetness of her. She told her that she would need to move to finish cooking but Eunwoo said that she won’t let go and just continue what she was doing. Kyulkyung’s heart ache upon hearing what her girlfriend said. She also wish not to let go but she must do so.

Eunwoo rested her chin on Kyulkyung’s shoulder while the latter continue with her cooking. She continue with her task, trying to hold her tears. How she would love to do this for the rest of her life but the curse won’t even make her happy.

 

-----0-----

A/N: Wooh, the update took awhile but I hope that you will give me more patience on this, I will finish this. We are getting there, first phase of the blood moon started.  Anyways, please do share your insights, suggestions on the comment section or if you want to stay anonymous you can drop by my cc: https://curiouscat.me/BlackVampireEros