Confrontation

Spoiled

Body stiff and sore, Daehyun stirred slowly from his slumber. Disoriented for a moment, it took him a few seconds longer than it should have to recognize that the body beside him as Yongguk’s instead of Jongup’s. Sitting up slowly, he tried to leave the bed, shame creeping back over him. An arm was wrapped around his waist, keeping him by the other man’s side and he groaned, flopped back onto the bed in frustration.

 

“Morning, Dae...” Yongguk’s voice was husky with sleep as he took his hand from Daehyun’s waist, bringing it up to gently rub his cheek. A look of concern was on Yongguk’s face and Daehyun wondered if he looked awful enough to earn that worry.

 

“Yeah...” Trying to give him a smile, he knew the attempt was weak as his lips merely twitched before giving up.

 

“Will you be willing to eat for me today?” Yongguk continued to rub his cheek, being gentle and kind toward him. It made him sick.

 

“...No...” How could he eat after betraying Jongup the night before? Death, it’s what he deserved. It just... He had been desperate to have Yongguk stop pressuring him that he did what he could think of to make it stop... Daehyun had never regretted something more.

 

“Do you want me to take you to see my mother?” It was clear that the other man was trying to coax him out of bed, desperate to help him, but he didn’t want help. He just wanted to fade away...

 

“N-no...” Say the words hurt. He’d never missed a breakfast with Yongguk’s mom as long as he was in the mansion. But he couldn’t face her. He couldn’t face anyone.

 

“Daehyun...” Letting him go, Yongguk sat up, running his hands through his own hair, something that Daehyun remembered he used to do when he was frustrated.

 

“I’m sorry...” Curling into a ball, he pulled the blankets over his head. All he wanted was for Yongguk to go, to leave him alone like he deserved.

 

“Get dressed. There’s somewhere I need to take you.” The blanket was pulled away and Yongguk was helping him up despite Daehyun desperately clawing at the sheets to keep himself in bed.

 

“I don’t want to go...” Trying to pull away, he found himself lacking the strength, maybe even the will, to do so. Instead, he went limp in Yongguk’s arms, hoping the other man would give up on him like he had given up on himself.

 

“Trust me. This once, Daehyun, just trust me.” Such sadness ran across Yongguk’s face and he felt his resolve break. What did it matter if he stayed in bed or allowed Yongguk to drag him around? He’d feel nothing, either way.

 

“Fine.” Standing on his own, he pulled on a pair of sweatpants that had been discarded in his floor days before. “Let’s go.”

 

*~*

 

“Alright. We’re here.” After a few minutes of driving in silence, Yongguk pulled over in front of a large, old building. Look up, it took him a moment to recognize it.

 

“This is... This is Jongup’s apartment...” Turning to Yongguk, he felt confusion, but also, somehow, hope. “Why?”

 

“Go see him. I’ll tell your father I dragged you to the beach or something if he asks where we went.” Yongguk wouldn’t look at him, his pain evident and Daehyun felt his heart drop. He was willing to suffer so Daehyun could be happy... And Daehyun was selfish enough to let him.

 

“I... Yongguk...” It was only fair to give the other man a chance to rethink things, as much as Daehyun hoped he wouldn’t.

 

“Go before I change my mind, Daehyun... Please...” Still refusing to spare Daehyun even a glance, Yongguk gripped the steering wheel, his knuckles white from how tight he held on.

 

“Thank you...” Opening the car door, Daehyun made his way to Jongup’s apartment as quickly as possible. Knocking, he hoped the other man was home, that he was okay, that he still loved him.

 

“Coming!” That familiar voice greeted him moments before the door open and the moment Daehyun saw Jongup, his lip began to quiver, tears filling his eyes.

 

“Jongup...” A sob escaped him and he found his way into the other man’s arms. Though he knew he had been scared he wouldn’t see Jongup again, he hadn’t been aware of just how deeply that fear had sank into him until they were face to face again and Daehyun couldn’t control his cries.

 

“Daehyun? How are you...?” Holding him tightly, Jongup seemed awkward and terror began to sink in again. Maybe he had already forgotten him... “How are you here?”

 

“Yongguk brought me... I... Jongup...” Stepping back, he looked up at the man he loved, searching for any sign that they were okay, that he was still loved.

 

“Oh god, Dae...” The worry in his voice, on his face, unnerved Daehyun and he took another step back, trying to figure out what had changed in the hours since they had parted ways. Was it his engagement? He didn’t want it. Did Jongup hate him for doing what his father said to keep Yongguk’s mother healthy?

 

“I love you so much, Jongup... I... I hate being away from you...” Wiping at his own tears, he looked down, training his eyes on the floor. Guilt ate away at him. If Jongup hated him, he deserved it.

 

“I... I love you too, Daehyun. But...” Shifting nervously in front of him, Jongup reached out for Daehyun, touching his cheek gently. “But I...”

 

“Yongguk said that after we get married and my father establishes him as the head of the company, he’ll divorce me so we can be together.” Looking up at him Daehyun’s hand found Jongup’s, a small smile tugging at his lips. “I can be with you, Jongup.”

 

“That... That’s amazing news, Dae.” His hand was sweaty in Daehyun’s and this time Jongup was the one to advert his gaze. “But baby, now isn’t a good ti-”

 

“What’s taking so long, Jongup?” A voice called from the bedroom as a familiar person exited into the room with them, wearing nothing but boxers and the shirt Daehyun had bought Jongup on a date, the shirt that matched the one he was wearing...

 

“Himchan?” Biting his lip, he watched as fear crossed over the two men in front of him.

 

“... Dae... It isn’t what it-” Before Jongup could make excuses, Daehyun gripped his hands into fists and turned away.

 

“You slept with Himchan?” Pain radiated in his chest with every beat of his heart. So that was it? He knew he didn’t have the right to be upset, but it hurt. What he did, he had hated himself for it, but Jongup... Jongup was spending the day with the other man like it was nothing.

 

“You slept with Yongguk, Daehyun.” His voice started off angry but Jongup seemed to steady himself with a deep breath, sounding regretful. “I didn’t think I’d see you again.”

 

“I... I hated myself for it...” Daehyun’s hand found the marks on his neck he knew that Yongguk had left there, feeling bile rise up in his throat. “I was sick to my stomach... And you...”

 

“Daehyun...” Jongup reached for him but Daehyun stepped away, a new wave of tears threatening to overcome him. Was this all he was worth?

 

“I should go...” Himchan moved toward the door, looking like a kicked puppy.

 

“No. Stay.” Tugging off his shirt, he threw it at Jongup, not wanting to see it ever again. “You two have a nice life together, okay?”

 

“Daehyun...” Grabbing Daehyun’s wrist, Jongup pleased with him. “Himchan, just go, okay?”

 

“Yeah. I’ll call you.” Without another look back at them, Himchan left the apartment.

 

“Don’t touch me, Jongup.” Pulling away, Daehyun made his way back to the front door, Jongup following after him. “I... I’m sorry for interrupting. I need to go now...”

 

“Daehyun, stay, please.” Jongup reached out for him again but Daehyun batted his hand away, shaking his head. It was getting hard to breath past the tightness in his chest and he just wanted to get away.

 

“I... I can’t. I’m sorry...” Opening the door, Daehyun spared him one last glance before stepping into the hall.

 

“Daehyun, wait!” Jongup’s plea was cut off as Daehyun closed the door in his face, bolting back to Yongguk’s car where he collapsed into the seat, trying to catch his breath.

 

“Dae, are you alright? You look really pale...” Yongguk’s hand hesitated before he pressed his palm to Daehyun’s shoulder as though he was checking for a fever.

 

“I... Jongup... Himchan was there...” Closing his eyes, Daehyun felt the tears begin to slip down his cheeks, a shaking beginning to start in his body.

 

“Himchan was there? What was he...” Realization seemed to dawn on Yongguk and his tone went front concerned to livid. “Oh... Oh no. He didn’t!”

 

“I just want to go home, okay?” curling in on himself in his seat, Daehyun kept his eyes closed. He was just tired. So tired.

 

“That piece of absolute . Stay here, okay?” The sound of the car door opening prompted Daehyun to open his eyes, watching as Yongguk, stiff with anger, left the vehicle.

 

“What are you going to do?” Watching him nervously, Daehyun sat up slightly.

 

“Let him know just how badly he ed up.” Gripping his hands into fists, Yongguk’s face softened as he looked down at Daehyun, shivering and cowering in his seat.

 

“I... Just... Just don’t hurt him...” Looking away, Daehyun wrapped his arms around himself, feeling cold without his shirt. Sighing, Yongguk took off his own shirt and handed it to him.

 

“For you, I’ll do my best. You deserve better, Daehyun.” Shaking his head, the older man slammed the door before disappearing into the building.

 

“I’m not really sure that I do...” Whispering the words, Daehyun pulled on the shirt and curled back up, slipping into a fitful slumber.

 

 

Stomping up to Jongup’s apartment, he pounded his fist against the door, making it shake with his anger. He would deal with Himchan later, but Jongup... Jongup needed to know that what he did was inexcusable. He needed to know how broken Daehyun had become.

 

“Open the door, Moon Jongup.” Slamming his hand against the door again, Yongguk contemplated kicking open the door before if finally opened to reveal an irritated man.

 

“What do you want? Came to gloat because you won?” Glaring up at Yongguk, Jongup didn’t seem to cower in the face of Yongguk’s rage, instead, he stepped closer, challenging him without words.

 

“Won?! Are you that stupid?!” Growling, Yongguk shoved the other man back into the apartment, doing his best to refrain from punching him in the face. How the was watching the person you love falling apart a win?!

 

“Yes. You won, Yongguk. You’re the one he’s always wanted.” Shoving him back, Jongup’s hands balled into fists and Yongguk silently hoped he’d hit him so he’d have a reason to go against Daehyun’s wishes and strike the other man.

 

“You really are an idiot. Don’t you realize that the moment he told you he loved you, he pushed me out of his heart and only wanted you? Maybe he had for some time and my own words finally made him realize it. But I didn’t win...” Pushing Jongup again, he backed him against a wall, his anger making it hard to hold off from harming him.”Nobody ing won, Jongup. But Daehyun... Daehyun lost.”

 

“I...” Seeming as though he was were going to argue, defending his choices the night before, Jongup glared at him.

 

“No. Shut the up and listen to me, Jongup. You said that I was the only person who could possibly hurt Daehyun as much as I had, that I was the only one he had ever given himself to. But you were wrong. He trusted me, held onto me tightly and gave me his everything, yeah. And when I left, it destroyed him.” Sighing, the words hurt more to say than he had anticipated them to. “But even when I was with him, he had friends, he had you to rely on. As far as I can tell, once I left, he only had you. You relied on you at his most broken and in the darkness he had fallen into, you were his only light. In that darkness, he began to love you more than he ever loved me, and you jumped at the first chance to move on the very first night you’re apart. You’ve destroyed him. He already wouldn’t eat. He wouldn’t even see my mom today. And now... Now, if he dies, it’s on your head, Jongup and I will destroy you for it.” Unable to contain his own guilt in the situation paired with his anger at Jongup, he couldn’t help himself. Fist colliding with the wall by Jongup’s head, he turned away quickly before he could harm his real target.

 

“He slept with you last night and you have the nerve to get mad at me for doing the exact thing he did?!” Following after him, Jongup grabbed his shoulder, turning him so they were face to face again. Didn’t that idiot realize he was tempting fate? Couldn’t he see that it was taking all of Yongguk’s willpower not to beat him to death?

 

“You think he wanted that? I... I took advantage of him and he did what he felt he had to just to get me to leave him alone.” It was hard to admit that he had taken things too far in his own desperation the night before, but he had and none of the blame belonged to Daehyun. “Instantly afterwards, he fell apart. Daehyun fell apart because he felt guilty, even though he wasn’t sure he would ever see you again, he felt like he had betrayed you. I highly doubt Himchan forced himself on you.”

 

“... I need to talk to Dae...” Realization dawned on Jongup and he turned to try to leave but Yongguk caught him by the elbow, pulling him back.

 

“If you ever come near him again, I will literally kill you, Jongup.” Voice low, he made it clear that he meant what he was saying. “You’ve done enough damage. Now it’s my turn to fix him.”

 

“ you, Yongguk. He wants me.” Pulling away, Jongup moved quickly and before Yongguk could react, the other man’s fist collided with his jaw. Pulling his own fist back to retaliate, the thought of Daehyun begging him not to hurt Jongup flashed through his mind. Groaning, he grabbed the other man by the shoulders and forced him to sit on the couch.

 

“And you threw him away...” Keeping his voice calm, he returned to the doorway. “You’ve had your change. You don’t get another one.”

 

“You’re an !” Jongup’s words echoed down the hallway as he made his way back to the car. Getting in, he turned to calm Daehyun, whom he had accidentally startled awake.

 

“Hey, DaeDae.” Rubbing Daehyun’s cheek gently, Yongguk watched his for a moment before kissing his forehead gently. “Ready to go home?”

 

“Yes...” It was easy to tell that Daehyun was in pain, that he wasn’t handling what had happened well, and all Yongguk wanted was to make it all better. “Yongguk... What happened to your cheek?”

 

“Oh. That?” Shrugging, he ran his fingers through his fiance’s hair, trying to think of a way to explain it that wouldn’t make Daehyun upset. Finally settling on the truth. “I... Jongup hit him.”

 

“Did you.... Did you hit him back?” Concern flooded Daehyun and it almost stung to think that Daehyun cared more about that than he did Yongguk.

 

“No, Daehyun. I promised you I wouldn’t.” Turning away, he put on his seat belt. “Buckle up. I want you to be safe, okay?”

 

“Yongguk...” Daehyun moved, touching the mark gently. “You didn’t have to let him hurt you... He had no right.” Turning, their lips met and he was surprised when Daehyun lingered in the kiss a moment longer before he allowed Yongguk to help him buckle his seat belt.

 

“Alright, baby. Let’s get you home and back to bed and then...” Starting the car, he glanced at Daehyun again. “You’re going to need to eat something for me. I’ll hand feed you myself, but you need to eat.”

 

“Fine...” Daehyun’s agreement brought relief to him but a part of him wasn’t sure if Daehyun was beginning to accept him again or if he had just given up the fight. He hoped it was the first thing, because Daehyun deserved to be healthy and happy again.

 

“Daehyun...” As he began driving back toward the mansion he felt a hand reach out and touch his.

 

“What?” Daehyun sounded tired, distant, but yet there they were, holding hands as they drove. Maybe there was still hope for them.

 

“I love you. And I’m so sorry I did this to you...” Giving his hand a gentle squeeze, Yongguk shook his head. “I should have treated you better. You deserve better.”

 

“Don’t be sorry.” Daehyun gripped his hand and Yongguk sighed in relief, rubbing the back of the other man’s hand with his thumb.

 

“It’ll get better. I promise. Everything will get better.” Leaning over he kissed Daehyun’s cheek at a stop sign. “Lets just get you home.” With one more peck on the younger man’s cheek, Yongguk continued the drive back to the mansion with great expectations for their future. Everything would get better because he would be sure of it.