Displeasure

Spoiled

Bang Yongguk groaned as he looked down at the text from his mother. There was no part of him that was happy about his current situation. His mother was incredibly ill, in need of constant medical attention, which on it’s own, was horrible enough. Beyond that, though, was just one more reason for him to wish a car would hit him before he left the airport parking lot. Her long time employer, a billionaire tech guru, had not only moved her into his mansion to ensure she got the best care possible which (don’t get him wrong, he was incredibly grateful for), he took it one step further and had married her so she could be placed under his insurance. Under normal circumstances, Yongguk would feel as though he owed this man everything he had to offer, but the problem he was much deeper than that. It was hell in human form, lurking the bedrooms of that giant house, a person he had hoped to never run into again.

 

“Yo, Yongguk.” A voice snapped him out of his dark musings, causing the man to jump and clutch his own chest, startled.

 

“Damn it, Himchan! Warn a man!” Glaring, he nodded toward one of the lighter bags in his possession. “Help me get this into the trunk?”

 

“You know, a simple “hey man, I know it’s hella early in the morning but thanks for coming to pick my up before dawn, it’s a real friend move” would be nice.” Pouting slightly, Himchan lifted the bag, going around to toss it in his already open trunk. “You ready for this?”

 

“Ready for what? Seeing my mom slowly wasting away or seeing him again?” Shoving all his worldly possession into the trunk, a part of Yongguk wished he had just stayed in Europe studying music like he had been since he graduated high school.

 

“Both, I guess.” Shrugging, Himchan got into the car, extending a to-go cup of coffee in Yongguk’s direction. “It’s four in the morning. I figure you need the caffeine as much as I do.”

 

“Thanks.” Taking the coffee, he took a sip and sighed, “To answer your question, Chan... I’m ready for neither.”

 

“Can I ask a question, Yongguk?” Starting the car, Himchan began to drive him toward his own personal living nightmare.

 

“Yeah, why not. Ask away.” gulping down another mouthful of coffee, Yongguk watched the predawn begin to light the sky as they drove through the city.

 

“That kid... Him as you say...” Glancing toward his friend quickly, Himchan seemed nervous, as though his question may annoy Yongguk. “You and I have been best friends our whole lives and I remember you used to talk about him a lot. And then suddenly nothing, you just refused to say a damn thing about him. What happened?” Himchan’s worries had been correct. The question did, in fact, annoy him.

 

“He’s just... He’s a spoiled , Himchan.” Growling softly, Yongguk gripped his cup of coffee hard enough to make the lid pop off slightly.

 

“First of all, if you spill that in my car I will leave you stranded on a back road outside of town.” Smiling a little, Himchan shrugged. “I know you hate talking about the kid, but like... That doesn’t really say what happened to make the two of you have such a hard and sudden fallout. I mean. You literally used to talk about him like he was the love of your life and then just out of nowhere you’d leave if I said his name.”

 

“Himchan... If you don’t change the subject I will strand myself on a back road outside of town just to get away from this damn interrogation.” Shaking his head, Yongguk turned to level a glare at his best friend. “I will literally dive out this ing car.”

 

“Okay. Okay.” Chuckling slightly, Himchan rolled his eyes. “Point taken, Yongguk. I’ll drop it as hard as you dropped him.”

 

“Himchan...” Hissing a warning through clenched teeth, Yongguk contemplated punching the other man as hard as he could for being such a sassy .

 

“I know. I’m such a .” Smiling, Himchan turned to the rich district of the city, the houses getting increasingly nicer with each mailbox they passed by. This was is, the return to madness, and Yongguk could find no escape for this inevitable reunion with the spawn of the devil.

 

~~~

Jung Daehyun stretched in his bed, baby pink silk canopy curtains hanging down around all sides to obscure himself and his companion from view of any prying eyes. Sighing wistfully, he looked up at the man his hair. Jongup grinned down at him but he just wasn’t in the mood to smile back. Everything was wrong. Every single thing was crashing down around him and he hated it.

 

“What’s on your mind, baby boy?” Questioning him, Jongup leaned down to kiss Daehyun gently, because everything about Jongup was gentle.

 

“Life...” Sitting up, he moved to kiss along Jongup’s jaw, hoping to distract both of them from the particular line of questioning. “Can we not talk about it?”

 

“I know better, Daehyun.” Jongup slid his hand up Daehyun’s thigh slowly, sending shivers through him as he did so. “You need to get it out because when you’re frustrated you have the worst attitude.”

“Shut up!’ Punching Jongup’s shoulder, he sighed and leaned his head against his friend’s. “I just... He broke my heart with no warning. Just out of nowhere he was gone and refused to speak to me on the days he had to return with his mom and I... I don’t even know why, Jongup. I hadn’t even done anything.”

 

“Ah. This is about Yongguk.” Rubbing Daehyun’s hip, Jongup caught his lips with his own, participating in a particularly deep kiss. “You deserved better than that jerk anyway.”

 

“He’s going to be here today... I’m going to have to live with that for who knows how long.” Groaning, he turning to bury his face against Jongup’s neck. “I can’t handle it.”

 

“I’ve got you, you know.” With a grin, Jongup pulled Daehyun onto his lap, kissing him again. “And I know exactly how to make you feel better...”

 

“Mm. You do know how I like to be treated.” Kissing the other man back, Daehyun let his hand slip under Jongup’s shirt. Spreading his fingers out, he slowly felt the expanse of abs under his hand.

 

“Like a princess.” Chuckling, Jongup pulled off his own shirt to give Daehyun better access to his skin. Shivering, Daehyun blushed slightly as Jongup began to undress him. The man was the closest he’d ever had to to a healthy relationship and though the two remained merely friends with benefits (at Daehyun’s own insistence) he knew Jongup loved him deeply. Feeling guilty, as though he was using the other man, Daehyun paused for a moment, looking up at his friend.

 

“Jongup...” Biting his lip, he wondered if maybe he was a horrible person for letting things get as far as they had between them with no real commitment.

 

“I know, Dae. I know you love him...” Smile almost sad, Jongup pulled Daehyun into a loving kiss, erasing his worries a little more with every change of pressure between their lips until Daehyun was weak in his embrace. Eventually he’d have to get over that , and maybe then he could make Jongup happy. Deep down, he really hoped so.