Remember When

Wrong Number

(This is from Tzuyu's perspective)

I picked up my phone from the table and answer it. "Hello" I said as I started rubbing my eyes trying to stay awake "Hello, this may seem kinda of the blue but would you like to go out sometime?" 

 

Confusion started to take over as I try to figure out who I was talking to. "Sorry, you probably don't know who this is. It's Nayeon, you called me by mistake" oh, ya she the one called before. Why'd she ask me out? I don't even know her, do I? 

 

"If you don't want to that's fine, sorry for asking so randomly" I finally broken out of my thoughts long a nuff to answer "No no that already, I go out with you" the girl on other ends excitement seem to skyrocket as her reply was very load "really? I'm so happy to hear that" why is she so happy to go on date with a complete stranger? 

 

"So I'll call you this weekend, if that ok?" Her excitement do not seem to be going down "that fine I can't wait, I have to go now but I'll talk to you later" as saying ok and we say are goodbyes she hangs up. 

 

So I'm going on a date with a girl I know nothing about that called me out of nowhere. I need to sleep I'll think about it in the morning. I went upstairs to my room, got in to my bed, turned off the light and quickly fall a sleep. My dreams take me over and I'm starting to relive the past. Maybe this will help or it just bring up bad memories.

 

Let's go back in time for some perspective ~

 

I'm sitting with an empty glass and a broken heart, thinking to myself what have I done? Because as are future got bright we started losing sight of what were. So can we rewind and go back in time when we were kids stealing my dad bottles of wine. 

 

I wanna go back to what we had, remember when we stole your dad's car? I never thought we'd go that far, my heart was beating out of my chest. I guess I just wanted to know, why'd we ever say goodbye?

 

I'm hanging by a thread, I'm tearing at the seams. Holding on to what we used to be and I should let you go but I just won't give up. 'Cause all that's waiting is regret, I wish I had missed the first time that we kissed. Because you broke all your promises but I still need you be my side and I don't know why.

 

Why am I singing random crap in a chair, drinking god knows what. Just thinking to much I guess, I set the glass down and got up to head upstairs. Right before I got to the stairs I heard a knock on the door so I went to check. You were standing there cold and wet. You were always the beautiful thing in the world to me, I told you to come in and sit down on the sofa in living room.

 

I went to get towel to dry you off and something to drink. When I got back I was greeted with a weary smile. "Why are you here?" I asked trying not to sound condescending. "I wanted to say I'm sorry for how it went yesterday" i starting to get mad at just thought of it "it's fine" It wasn't obviously "I'm sorry, I couldn't be with you anymore..

 

..Things were just going to fast and I didn't know what to do" I sighed and then sat next to her on the sofa "why couldn't you just tell me this before. I would of understood and we wouldn't be in this situation" i start to play with the ring on my finger "I couldn't tell you that I didn't want we had to end. Not only do I love you but you are my best friend, I didn't want to lose you" 

 

As I started thinking to myself I heard a phone ring. It was Dahyun's, "are you going to answer it?" I ask her but she seemed to just ignore me. After the ringing stopped she finally checked her phone, I began realizing what was going on. "Your still dating Sana aren't you?" 

 

Her face told me everything I needed to know. I got up and started to leave but she stopped me by wrapping her arms around my waist "I can explain..." I tried to get her off me but I couldn't "there nothing to explain, you said you broke up with a long time ago." I finally got her arms off me and turned to look at her 

 

"I did but things happened and couldn't control what was going on anymore" she was crying nonstop but all I wanted was her to be gone "you couldn't control want was going on? So the all the times you left for no reason and made up stupid excuses when I wanted you to go with me to meet my family or just go out..." out of nowhere she kissed me as if that would make me forget everything. 

 

I pushed her away before I started to lose control and give in to her. "I love you, please don't lest what we have end like this" I ignore her headed for the door, I put my hand on the door knob and finally replied "do not say anything just leave" she put her hand on shoulder but I shrug her off "I'm sorry, can you please forgive me" I opened the door and signaled her to leave "I'll go but I just want you to know I will always love you and I hope this isn't goodbye" she left and called the door behind her.

 

After a few seconds I put my back against the door and slowly slid down it. I curled up on the floor and began crying nonstop, i guess i fall sleep because before I knew it the sun was coming up.

 

Dreams end as the light hits you ~

 

I started to open my eyes as the sun began shining through the curtains. I got out bed and headed towards the bathroom to wash up and then get dressed. It was Thursday so I didn't have work or anything to do so after getting ready I headed downstairs to get some breakfast only to greeted by the smell of something burning. 

 

"Good morning sleeping beauty" I've stopped even caring how she gets into my house anymore I just go with the flow "what are you cooking and why does it smell so bad" I used my fingers to plug my nose "it doesn't smell bad besides it's your favorite. Eggs and waffles with bacon on top with a big glass of juice it looks good right?"

 

I take the plate somewhat ignoring her question, sitting down at the table I started eating because I hungry. Chaeyoung was sitting a crossed from me eating like she hadn't for days. I randomly started talking for no reason "I had dream last night about Dahyun" she kept eating and didn't say a word "it was about that night" she finished eating and got up to put her dishes in the sink after cleaning up a bit I started talking again "you know the number you gave me wasn't hers didn't you?"

 

After she was done she came back and sat down. She didn't answer my questions and just got on her phone like I wasn't even there. "Yo, ChaeB*tch can not ignore me" she looked at me "you know damn well I hate that nickname so could you not called me that" well it worked I got her attention "how do you know I gave you the wrong number?" So I guess that means I was right "first off you just told me and besides I already called it"

 

Her attitude changed completely when I said that "you talk to her?" What is this weird atmosphere "Ya, twice acutely. Where going on date this weekend." She started gets really hyper and was kinda freaking me out "that's awesome, so you're finally go on a date with her" why does she act like she knows her? And guess I shouldn't bring up the fact that I talked to Dahyun as well. 

 

"Hey, you don't remember her do you?" Remember her? Why would I know her? As I was trying to think of why I would know her, my thoughts were interrupted as she started talking again "It's not important, what is important is that fact that your moving on" so glad I didn't tell about the other thing.

 

"Well anyway I've got to go to work, I'll text you later" we hugged and then she left. So I guess I just do whatever then, I headed to the music room to write some music or something. I sat down in favorite chair and picked up my guitar. I put my phone on the small table next me and started playing one of my favorites.

 

(Tzuyu singing with music in the background)

 

When the days are cold

And the cards all fold

And the saints we see

Are all made of gold

When your dreams all fail

And the ones we hail

Are the worst of all

And the blood's run stale

I wanna hide the truth

I wanna shelter you

But with the beast inside

There's nowhere we can hide

No matter what we breed

We still are made of greed

This is my kingdom come

This is my kingdom come

When you feel my heat

Look into my eyes

It's where my demons hide

It's where my demons hide

Don't get too close

It's dark inside

It's where my demons hide

It's where my demons hide

At the curtain's call

It's the last of all

When the lights fade out

All the sinners crawl

So they dug your grave

And the masquerade

Will come calling out

At the mess you made

Don't wanna let you down

But I am hell bound

Though this is all for you

Don't wanna hide the truth

No matter what we breed

We still are made of greed

This is my kingdom come

This is my kingdom come

When you feel my heat

Look into my eyes

It's where my demons hide

It's where my demons hide

Don't get too close

It's dark inside

It's where my demons hide

It's where my demons hide

They say it's what you make

I say it's up to fate

It's woven in my soul

I need to let you go

Your eyes, they shine so bright

I wanna save that light

I can't escape this now

Unless you show me how

When you feel my heat

Look into my eyes

It's where my demons hide

It's where my demons hide

Don't get too close

It's dark inside

It's where my demons hide

It's where my demons hide

 

As the music faded out I started just randomly strumming the guitar. My concentration was interrupted by the sound of my phone ringing. Why do I always get interrupted by my phone. I was laughing to myself as I put down my guitar and picked up my phone to answer it.

 

"Hey what you doing?" It turned out to be Dahyun, never did call her like I said I was going to. "Nothing much just playing some music" I sat back in my chair "I haven't heard you play in so long, you mind playing are favorite song?" I don't if I remember it, it been forever "you don't remember are song? For shame Tzuyu" how does she do that? She always knows what I'm thinking "I just need to play a little, it will come back to me as I play" 

 

"We can sing together, it will be easier that way" I put my phone down and my speaker "ok, ready when you are" she said before i then I started playing the guitar.

 

(DaTzu start singing in unison with music playing in background)

 

[Han/Eng Translation]

 

잔잔했었던 내 맘 속에
돌을 던졌던 넌 아마도
Maybe don’t know
Tell me 내게 건넸던 말들
그저 장난이었는지 oh
You’ve thrown a stone at my quiet heart
Maybe you don’t know
Tell me, maybe what you said before
Was just a joke, oh

*어색하지 않게
나 말하고 싶은데
그렇게 잘 안돼  
돌아서 후회해
바보처럼  
내 맘 속엔
언제나 너인데
그저 초조하게
기다리고 있어 yeah
나 바보처럼
I want to tell you
Without sounding awkward
But it won’t turn out well
I’ll look back and regret it
Like a fool
You’re always in my heart
But I’m just impatiently waiting, yeah
I’m like a fool

Boy I’m your fool
Boy I’m your fool 

철없는 생각일지도
그냥 착각일지도
후회할지도 몰라도
Boy you’re my first love
Oh Don’t you play with my head
그렇게 웃지 좀 마  
지금 난 진지하니까
It might be a childish thought
It might just be an illusion
I might regret it
But boy you’re my first love
Oh don’t you play with my head
Hey, don’t laugh like that
Because I’m serious

어떻게 해야
나를 알아주겠니
I wanna wanna say it
What should I do?
Will you let me know?
I wanna wanna say it

*REPEAT

분명해져 오는 My feelings
살며시 너에게
Closer Closer Closer yeah
다가가 전하고 싶던 말
I’m in love with you
Tell me you too
My feelings are becoming clearer
Gently getting closer, closer, closer to you, yeah
I want to come close and tell you
I’m in love with you
Tell me you too

*REPEAT

상처받지 않게
나 망설이기만 해
용기 내려 해도
그렇게 잘 안돼
Like I’m a fool
내 맘 속엔
너 하나 뿐인걸
말하지 못해도
보여주고 싶어 네게
Boy I am your fool
I’m hesitating so I won’t get hurt
Even though I try to get my courage up
It won’t turn out well
Like I’m a fool
You’re the only one in my heart
I can’t tell you
But I want to show you
Boy I am your fool

 

As the song ended, we started laughing for some strange reason. Maybe because this was first time in awhile we sang together or the fact the we can be friends again or more? No I need to stop that for now, just go with the flow. "That was so much fun, your a great singer and amazing at the guitar" I put my guitar down and picked up my phone. Turning off the speaker before putting it up to my ear. 

 

"The same to you, still have a great voice" I moved a little in my chair to get more comfortable "well I'll get to the point of why I called" i just sat waiting for her to continue "sorry, I'm at work like always and some random problem came up. so the reason I called was to ask if you wanted to go out tomorrow?" 

 

I was taken back a little but I answered like it was nothing "sure, I'd love to" Chae is going to kill me "great I have an extra ticket to Mina's ballet and Sana ask me to go with her so we can support her" this should be fun "can't wait for it, I'll see you tomorrow then" I don't know if I really want to go T.T "ok, I got to go bye. See you tomorrow" 

 

I said goodbye and hang up. Why do I do this to myself all the time. Ill worry about it later back to my music for now.

 

AN: so ya the end of this chapter, sorry for it being so short again but I wanted to get it done because I'm going to be really busy  And i didn't want to keep the people to that have taken the time to read this to wait. 

 

Also Thank you to everyone who has been reading this and Thank you to everyone who subscribed to my story. Comments and feedback are greatly appreciated, I know my writing is not the best but don't be mean lol and the song is demons by imagine dragons