Young

Wrong Number

(This is from Dahyun's perspective)

It's been almost one year since me and Tzuyu met. Since then we have became inseparable, the only times we're not together is late at night. But even so we just stay up all night talking on the phone and sleep at school or something.

 

"The rain is really coming down isn't it" I said as I was looking out the window and holding up my phone in front of me "Ya, hopefully it doesn't last long" As she said that, I walked towards my bed and pulled the comforter off. Then covered myself with it and went into my closet to escape the noise, like I always do during storms. Sitting down in the back of closet, after pushing some clothes out of the way "are you hiding yet?" After she said that I replied in a very uneasy manner "I'm am not in hiding" I hate thunderstorms, especially at night "when you're in the closet and sitting in the corner, most people would consider that hiding" her knowing exactly where I am all the time, make me really happy "how do you know that?" I asked and then started pulling the comforter off my head "your my girlfriend aren't you?" Tzuyu asked me out a few weeks after we started hanging out, it was kinda surprising but in a good way "of course I am" saying that makes me want to see her right now and have her arms wrapped around me.

 

Suddenly the sound of thunder hit and I dropped my phone as the rumbling continued to course me to shake uncontrollably. "That was really load" after she started talking, I tried to calm my nerves and pick up the phone to talk but couldn't do it. As the noise went away, the shadow of a person appeared in front of me "you don't need to be afraid anymore" looking up to see who it is, the figure starts to move towards me and before I could get a good look at who it was. I'm engulfed in a warm in brass "how did you get in?" asking her is very pointless but why not "though the window of course" wrapping my arms around her, I start thinking to myself 'are houses must be way to close together for her to get in that way. 

 

We laid down holding on each other in back of the closet with the comforter wrapped around us and then fall a sleep. But was woken up by the sound of a phone ringing, I picked it up and looked to see who it was. Turned out to be a text from Chaeyoung and another one from Sana, asking how I'm doing. After replying to both text messages and letting them know I'm ok, they replied with a snarky comment before saying goodnight. Once that was done, I put my phone down and cuddled up with Tzuyu again. As we laid there in silence, I couldn't help but look at her face as she slept and ever time she twitches nose or hair fall down in such way that it seems to have a mind of it own. All I could think about is how much I'm in love with her, people always tell us that we're to young and we don't understand what love means. Which is complete bs, if you ask me and yes we're only 14 but they don't have the right to say how we feel. I'm in love with the girl next door and there not a damn thing anyone can do to change my mind.

 

Sometime after that, I guess I fall asleep because when my eyes opened they were greeted with light of the sun shining into them. Moving around to see my girlfriend sleeping next to me both made my heart race and face heat up for no real reason. "Tzuyu it's morning, time to get up" I started shaking her a little but she doesn't want to wake up. "If you don't get up, I'll kiss you" she rolled over to look at me "ok" is all she said as we stared blankly into each other eyes and then slowly leaned into kiss. After for longest time, we released are lips to breath and she said "I love you more life itself, do you feel the same?" She could always say what on her mind with out any hesitation but I've never been able to do the same until now "when we first met, I thought to myself is this love? After being with you and getting to know the real you, I think that I've found my answer" she prodded what was said then gave a confused look "is that yes?" chuckling at her response and then I continued "despite are age and what anyone else has to say about us" pausing to clear my but also trying to stop from bursting into tears "yes, I love you with every fiber of my being and this feeling is never going to die" after finishing my little speech, Tzuyu came up to me and kissed my forehead, then wrapped her arms around me.

 

As we sat there, all my thoughts began taking over and the future seemed to write itself, but we all know that life doesn't always go the way we want it to. Love does not always win and sometimes mistakes are made, the best thing you can do is hope for the best. Even if that means letting go of the one you love and finding happiness with someone else.

 

[story time is over once again]

 

"Talking about the past, really puts into perspective and after all this time, I think I've finally realized that are love was never meant to be" as I stopped talking, Tzuyu just sat there staring as if her eyes could see right through me. She got up, walked over towards where I sitting with saying a word and then wrapped her arms around me "I'm sorry for what happened and I wish things could been different" why is she apologizing? "You've done nothing wrong" she let go and went to sit back down "no matter what happened then or what happens now, remember I'll always be there for you and we friends till the end" after she finished, I couldn't say anything so we just sat there in silence before I finally responded "I'm going to tell Chaeyoung, yes to her proposal but only if she gets permission from you first" well sounded less stupid in my head "what? Why?" thinking before speaking is not one of my strong points. 

 

"Because I trust you more than I trust myself right now and if you talk to her, I'll feel much better" she didn't reply right away but after a few minutes, she started talking "I'll do it if you tell how you really feel about her and don't just say the words but actually tell me your feelings" what is that supposed to mean "how?" after all that, one word is all that came out "only you can answer that question" I don't know how to explain this "I've never been good at expressing my true feelings towards others, until you changed me and when we broke up" why have I become such a crybaby "it felt like the world was falling apart and no one could save me" I'm just going to cry for now on it seems "I'd be lying if I said that she only person I've dated since you but she is only one that has made me feel that same as I felt when we were together" Tzuyu hasn't said a word yet, hopefully she understand what I'm trying to say.

 

"Your probably getting sick of hearing me compare the two of you but I'm only doing that because you and Chaeyoung are the only ones that I have truly fallen in love with" my words don't seem to mean much anymore or maybe there just that 'words "so you've found the one you are destined for and after all these years, I truly believe that I've found mine" even though I wasn't completely finished talking, Tzuyu got up and spoke "do you remember what we talked about on the day of my wedding?" I'm pretty sure "yes" not really "before we left the dressing room, you turned to me and said 'when love comes knocking on your door don't write it off as just a strange but let them in as if they were your best friend" that is very random thing to say during a wedding "I didn't know why you said that or what it meant but it stayed with me and you should follow your own advice" after finishing up she started walking towards the front door, so I followed her "even if you say that..." suddenly she stopped right before we got there and turned to look my way "just say what in your heart" is all I got before she opened the door to let me out "good luck."

 

We hugged goodbye then left to go try and get my life into order. As I opened the door to my house, the one thing I've feared most of all has come true and now once again, I'm alone.

 

[people come in and out of are lives but that doesn't mean there gone forever or that will stay forever]

 

 

AE: so that's the end of chapter 11, I hope you like it:) thank you for reading and please comment:)