Piano

Wrong Number

(This is from Dahyun's perspective)

As the first bell rang, I blissfully ignored it as I couldn't be bothered. Running my fingers down the keys, my ears were filled with the sound of music. Following the music sheet to a T, I continued playing as if the world around me didn't exist. Well until my concentration was broken by the loud voices of others calling me. "Dahyun let's go, we're going to be late for class" after saying ok, I grabbed my backpack and walked towards them. "I'm ready to go" turning off the lights and shutting the door behind me, we started running to the class room. The music room was kinda far away, so we made it to class right before the second bell rang.

 

There's wasn't any assigned seating, so me, Chaeyoung and Sana. Always sit in the back, that way we can talk with out getting in trouble. The teacher walked in as we were chatting about random stuff "everyone sit down and pay attention, we have new student here today" he said but isn't the year like half over, why would there be a new student starting now? "Her parents moved from Taiwan to Korea, because of work and she doesn't know how speak Korean very well" so that's why, I'm trying to see her but she appears to be hiding behind the teacher. "so she will need a tutor to help her, does anyone want to volunteer" after he finished, I started looking around but no one was raising their hand. So much to the dismay of my friends, I decided to volunteer "I'll do it" I said as I put my hand into the air "Glad to hear that, now Tzuyu go sit next to Dahyun" he said as he pointed towards the empty desk next to mine, she walked slowly to the desk and bowed in front of me before sitting down. 

 

"Hello, I'm Dahyun" she turned to me and gave the beautiful smile, I've ever seen in my life. "Hello, I'm Tzuyu" as we shook hands, I thought to myself how long she practiced saying that, because it was perfect. After letting go of her hand and sitting back down in my seat. I started staring at her to point that my teacher came up and yelled at me for not listening to him. But as class went on, my eyes never left her. Something must be wrong, I've never been this way before. I'm only 13 years old and I've never been in love or even like someone, so this can't have anything to do with her. An yet I can't look away, it's like her beauty has me in some kinda of trance. "If you keep staring like that, your going to freak her out" after hearing Sana say that, me and Chaeyoung turned around to look at her "I'm not looking at her that much" I said but she just rolled her and continued "whatever you say sweetheart"

 

Sticking my tongue out at her, we started bickering back and forth before turning around to see what the teacher was doing. To my surprise he was just writing on whiteboard, so he didn't see anything we were doing. As the clock ticked and the sound of the bell rang, we all got up to leave. As I was grabbing my stuff, Tzuyu was sitting there writing in her notebook and not paying attention at all. "Class is over now, we can go" I tried to say it in a way she can understand easily, but she seemed to ignore me. So I went over and touched her shoulder to get her attention, after doing that she finally looked up at me with a confused expression. "We can go now" after saying that she looked around a bit, then grabbed her stuff and got to leave. "thank you" is all she said before going out the door, I was just standing there thinking to myself as Chaeyoung came up and snapped her fingers in front of my face.

 

"WTH are you doing?" I said as I jumped back at her sudden action "are we going to go or what?" ignoring her question, we left the class room and headed towards the entrance to leave. As we were almost there, Sana came up and started walking with us. She told me to look over at the lockers. Turning towards them, I saw Tzuyu putting stuff away "go ask her to walk home together" shaking my head no, I replied "there's no way I'm doing that" but as we walked past her, Chaeyoung stuck her foot out which caused me to fall down and then they started running away. "You've got to be kidding me!" After saying that I was trying to up and suddenly a hand came out of nowhere "do you need help" looking up to see where the hand was coming from and the voice that was talking to me. 

 

I came face to face with an angel "are you ok?" not saying a word, I grabbed her hand and she helped me up. "Thank you for helping me" she bowed and was about to walk away, but I got in front of her then asked "do you want to walk together" she looked for few seconds before answering "sure, my house isn't really far" after saying ok, we left school and started walking down the street. As if fate was playing with us, it turns out that Tzuyu's house is right next to mine. So we got her place and I was about to leave, when she asked "do you come in for a bit? My parents don't come home until around 10 pm and it's boring being all alone" not knowing what to say, I just nodded yes and then we went into her mansion. She started talking about something, but I was to preoccupied by looking around at all stuff that was everything "my room is upstairs on the left side" whatever that means, as we walked upstairs towards her room, I continued to look around as if this place was an museum. My house wasn't ugly but if you compare the two, this one would win for sure and I'm not sure why my place is right next door. After walking down a hallway and then turning left, we up to a big door with mural of a dog painted on it.

 

"Were here" she said and then opened the door, we walked into the very large room. As she shut the door behind us, I started looking around and saw a very girly room. But it wasn't to much, it had a big bed in the corner on the right side, that looked like it could fit a whole family in it. The walls were filled with posters of bands I've never heard of "who is this girl group called Twice?" After asking that, she came over to see "oh they're one of my favorite bands, I have all of there albums and they just came out with a new one called Signal" she was getting really hyped as she continued talking about them "do want to listen to music by them?" I said ok and she walked over to a digital panel on the wall, after pushing some buttons on the screen. It started talking "which playlist would you like to hear?" She back away and spoke "TisLife2" the computer voice said ok, then the room started filling with the sound of a song called going crazy.

 

As the music played, we got on the bed and started talking "this maybe random question but how are you so good at speaking Korean?" She started rolling towards me, once there she replied "I can speak Mandarin and Korean fluently, but I don't talk a lot, so people usually assume I can't" well that makes sense, getting up from the bed and walking over towards the wall of books that engulfed the left side. "So do you to read a lot?" that was kinda of a rhetorical question but she answered anyway "ya, these are all the books my parents have given me over the years" after saying that she continued as I skimmed through the them, looking for one to read. Suddenly stopping on a book with an old spine and really nice writing on it "that a collection of very famous classical musical scores" Tzuyu came up closer to say that and continued "do you play the piano, because most only play them that way" this is an amazing book "ya but we don't have one at home, so I've used the one at school a lot" I said as she just nodded in response "we have one in the music room downstairs, if you want to use it" my eyes beamed with excitement at what she said "really? Can go there now?" 

 

After saying that, we walked down to the music room and when I saw the grand piano sitting in the corner of the room. I've never moved so fast in my life "this is the most gorgeous piece of musical equipment to ever exist" sitting on the bench in front of piano, she came up and sat beside me. "Here's the sheet music" after passing me a bunch of papers, we started sorted them out before placing them in front of us "so what do you want to play?" she asked me as I started playing "Richard Wagner – The Valkyrie: Ride of the Valkyries is a nice piece" after I replied to the question, she just sat and listened to me play. Time pasted by as if only to tell us to stop for the day "where home" we turned towards the stairs as someone started coming down. 

 

"Hey sweetie, who your friend?" Tzuyu got up and walked towards her "she's a friend from school, she really good at playing the piano" I blushed a little at her sudden comment, then got up and moved to where they were talking. "I'm going to go now" after saying that I bowed to her mom and said my goodbyes, Tzuyu walked with me to the door "here's my number if you want to call or text at anytime" she said as I took the paper with her number on it "ok, I'll call you later" saying that we hugged goodbye and then left, holding the paper tightly in my right hand. I started thinking to myself 'is this what love feels like or am I just delusional to think that.

 

[if you can't put it into your own words, then say with a song from the heart]

 

 

AN: my friend was helping a lot with this chapter so thank you :)

 

That's the end of chapter 10, thank you for reading and please comment to leave feedback :)