8th Shot

Snapshot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Groups within a group of people have gathered at the airport carrying their backpacks, luggages, and some, food for their breakfast. Everyone was excited. Everyone as talking about their expectations and the things they would do when given a free time to roam around the place. In less than two hours, the employees and the artists would board the plane flying to Jeju and just the thought of it excited them more.

 

A distance away from the large group, however, stands another group of ladies talking to themselves. They, one of them, rather, preferred to isolate themselves from the others. She dragged her sister and her friend with her and sat on one of the benches lined up in the waiting area.

 

"Why are we here again, Moon Byulyi?" Wheein asked the girl beside her, arms crossed, eyebrow raised, and a foot tapping on the floor. She obviously did not want to be far from the others. In fact, she wanted to mingle with as many people as she can manage since she knew a group will be formed when they arrive in Jeju.

 

Moonbyul raised her head and turned her attention away from her phone to her sister. She adjusted the black cap she was wearing and flashed a smile to Wheein. "Well, because my foot hurts. And it's quieter here, don't you think?

 

Wheein huffed a frustrated air out and landed a slap on Moonbyul leather jacket covered arm. Her eyebrows met in the middle, yet she did not look intimidating at all. At least to Moonbyul who was obviously teasing the younger woman. Her arms crossed again and glared at Moonbyul. "You at making excuses, you know? That's like, the worst excuse ever made."

 

The other woman who was also occupied by her phone noticed the bickering siblings beside her. She brought the hand holding her phone down and used the free one to remove her sunglasses as she turn her attention to the two. The end of her red-colored lips quirked up in amusement. "You two, seriously. And Byul, I heard that. It really is such a lame excuse. You could've come up with something better like, the people smell, or someone you don't like is there and you don't wanna see his face."

 

Moonbyul looked at the two women sitting on her right in disbelief. dropped open and her hand moved to her chest. "You, guys, hurt me. You don't believe me? It really hurts!" She insisted while pointing at her foot. Then she added, "I was... you know... doing my hobby at the park and I twisted my foot."

 

The two women only looked at her like she was some annoying whining baby. Save for someone who was approaching that actually paid serious attention to Moonbyul's claimed hurting foot. It was Yongsun, pulling a small, brown, luggage behind her. 

 

"Hey, guys." She greeted. Her eyes the shifted to Moonbyul's foot again and her face showed as if she felt pain. "And what happened to your foot? It looks sore."

 

"Hah!" Moonbyul exclaimed in joy. "Finally, someone noticed and believed me! Thank goodness." She added as she lift herself up from the bench and (exaggeratedly) limps herself towards Yongsun who was confused as to why Moonbyul was acting this way. 

 

Wheein and Hyejin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter