7th Shot

Snapshot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The ride to the restaurant was rather... quiet. Wheein and Hyejin requested to seat at the back to catch up and they were the only ones who were talking. Moonbyul was too focused on driving. Yongsun did not know what to do or say. Her hands were sweating and she could not keep her fingers from fiddling. She doesn't know why she's feeling nervous.

When the car stopped at the red light, Moonbyul noticed Yongsun's uneasiness. She poked Yongsun's arm and asked, "Do you need to go to the restroom?"

Surprised, Yongsun whipped her head at Moonbyul with wide eyes. It took her a few seconds to register what the younger girl said and she shook her head in reply. She offered a smile of assurance at Moonbyul and answered, "No, no. I'm fine. I'm just... nervous."

Moonbyul and Yongsun spoke softer than the two younger girls at the back who got louder and more excited as time goes by. The blonde raised an eyebrow at Yongsun. "Nervous? Of what?"

For a moment, Moonbyul thought that maybe, why Yongsun was feeling that way, was because she knew she was with the two daughters of her boss. Moonbyul's fingers were drumming on the steering wheel, waiting for the green light and what Yongsun's answer might be.

"I'm usually shy around new people..."

The light turned green. Moonbyul revved along with a sigh of relief. She doesn't know. Good.

A chuckle bubbled out from Moonbyul and she held a hand out to pat Yongsun's lap. "Ms. Pretty Yong, I thought we were close enough for you not to feel that way anymore. I even have a nickname for you."

To Moonbyul, the pat and the nickname is nothing. A casual thing to do. But for Yongsun, the pat made her feel something, the byname heating up her cheeks again. Her head lowered in hopes to hide the red hue on her cheeks. "I just need to get used to it, no worries." Yongsun muttered.

Contented with the latter's response, Moonbyul nodded and continued driving to their destination. Throughout the drive, Yongsun could not help but to think about the girl beside her. She took a quick glance at Moonbyul, then back to the view outside of the window. So far, Moonbyul had shown an easy-going personality. Something Yongsun does not think she have. And she admire her for that. Moonbyul, to Yongsun, looked like someone whom she would love to have around to bring positivity in her life.

Oh my gosh... what am I thinking– no no no no no. NO. It's too early for that. I'm here for work.

Yongsun's eyes closed and she gritted her teeth all while shaking her head. The idea of having a crush on the blonde is something she never expected. Having a crush on someone, in general, is not something she planned to do. So, she repeated the last line over and over again like a mantra. She thought she needed to remind herself that they are just workmates, and that she's here for work. Nothing else.

Too focused on her own little world, Yongsun did not notice the car stop. She felt another poke from Moonbyul and just like that, the tiny voice at the back of her mind started whispering.

You have a crush on her, you have a crush on her...

Yongsun wished she could shut that voice off. She shook her head and unbuckled her seatbelt.

They all went out and entered the restaurant. Ordered their food. Waited. Chatted. Slowly, Yongsun was feeling more and more comfortable around them. Wheein, who seemed pretty serious to her at first, does not seem like a serious person now. She's actually funny and playful. Yongsun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter