6th Shot

Snapshot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever since that day, Yongsun became more keen of the people around her. Now that she knows that anonymous photographer is just around the corner, her hope of meeting Caelestis sparked. Yongsun was on her way to work earlier than her regular schedule. Mr. Moon have told everyone, from the staffs, to their artists, and even trainees, that they will have a meeting for today. Gathering almost the entirety of the company made her nervous. She could only think of bad bad reasons as to why.

I hope we're not going bankrupt. Mr. Moon won't possibly be kicking out some of us, right? As far as I know, the latest comeback of one of our artists was very successful.

Yongsun was walking at the sidewalk, heading to the bus stop. Being too occupied of her unnecessary negative thoughts, she didn't notice a car moving slowly beside her, as if it was walking with her. The secretary only snapped out of her thoughts when she almost bumped a civillian and when the car honked at her twice. She snapped her head to the car's direction just in time the window rolled down, revealing the driver. It was Moonbyul.

"I knew it. Hello!" Moonbyul beamed, waving at her enthusiastically.

And Yongsun, being a second late most of the time, processed who that woman is. Then she waved back. "Oh! Moonbyul-ssi!"

Moonbyul smiled widely knowing that Yongsun remembered her. "Heyya. Heading to Sky?" She asked.

"Oh, um, yes. Early work today." Yongsun replied, already standing next to the car.

"Hop in, then."

Yongsun was taken aback at the sudden offer that she forgot about the person sitting beside Moonbyul. The thought of greeting the girl beside her poofed in a moment.

"What?" Yongsun uttered.

"We're heading there too. Come on. I insist."

A mess. Yongsun's mind is in a mess and she does not have any idea why. She was about to decline when the girl beside Moonbyul spoke.

"Hello there." She smiled. "You should know that Byul wouldn't really take no for an answer. You're welcome to join us."

Yongsun glanced at her wristwatch and bit her lip. She thought for a moment before nodding to Moonbyul. "Alright."

She entered the car and she was greeted with a wider smile from the unknown girl. Yongsun would have felt really awkward if the girl did not extend her hand first and introduce herself. "I'm Jung Wheein. Nice to meet you!"

Yongsun felt warm. She thought the girl looked really cute. Then she held her hand and gave it a light shake. "Kim Yongsun. It's nicer to meet you, Wheein-ssi."

"Alright. Shall we go now, ladies?" Moonbyul asked while looking at her from the rearview mirror.

Yongsun nodded, and Moonbyul drove off.

Yongsun was expecting the ride to be quiet. But no, not at all. Moonbyul and Wheein were talking and they try to join Yongsun in as much as possible. Although Yongsun just met Wheein, and Moonbyul, the second time, it felt as if they have been friends for years. Yongsun would not even notice that they have already arrived at the building if it was not for the sudden darkness when they entered the parking building.

Yongsun glanced at her watch and silently cursed when she saw that she only have a few minutes left. There's no way she would let her boss be there earlier than her. "Um, Moonbyul-ssi, I think I need to go ahead. I don't wanna be late." Yongsun said, already opening the door as soon as it stopped on the parking lot. She went out and thanked Moonbyul and Wheein without even waiting for their responses and sped off into the building.

"I think she's pretty scared of dad." Wheein said while looking at the running figure as to which Moonbyul just chuckled.

"He left a big impact on her. Though I doubt dad would even mind if any of the staffs are late for today."

"But he would if he don't see us there, Byul. Let's go."

Moonbyul clicked her tongue and rolled her eyes at the thought of it. They both unbuckled their seatbelts and stepped off the car with Wheein having an amused look on her face.

"I really don't like him, Wheeny."

"You always say that. Let's go, Byulie."

 

🔸🔸🔸

 

Everybody have gathered in one of the building's biggest hall. Chatters and questions filled the hall as they wait for Moon Jaeho to arrive. One of them is Kim Yongsun, who was already sitting at the first row with her newfound friend, Ahn Hyejin, one of the casting agents of Sky. She was also one of the people inside Mr. Moon's office when he blew up on Yongsun's mistake. 

"Hyejin-ah, should I be nervous of Mr. Moon's announcement?" Yongsun asked, tapping her fingers on her lap anxiously. She could not help herself to stay still and overthink again.

 "You have nothing to worry about. I'm sure this is a good news. I can feel it." Hyejin replied with a gentle pat on the secretarie's shoulder.

Being an employee for more than 3 years in SkyE., Hyejin is confident of her hunch. She knows Mr. Moon would not gather them in this hall just to deliver a bad news. So, she smiled at Yongsun and looked around the hall. Her eyes wandered and she saw that the all the chairs were almost occupied until her sight landed on two women who just entered. She gasped. 

"They're also here-" Hyejin said in surprise.

Yongsun noticed Hyejin's reaction and also looked at the direction where Hyejin was looking. She saw Moonbyul and Wheein looking for a seat for them.

"Oh, they're here too? I thought they have something else to do here." 

Hyejin whipped her head to Yongsun, her eyes wide. "You know them?"

Yongsun was confused of how Hyejin was acting. She suddenly looked scared wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter