11th Shot

Snapshot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The night was calm and quiet. Usually, Yongsun would be fast asleep by then. Something was bothering her. She had been tossing and turning around her bed, thinking of what it might be. Yongsun glanced at the clock standing on the side table in between her and Moonbyul's bed.

 

10:48 pm

 

If not for the two ladies sleeping inside the room, she might have released a frustrated groan already. She badly wanted to sleep, but sleep just won't dawn onto her. It made her frustrated. She ce more, now facing Wheein's side. Her mind suddenly flashed back to the time at the seaside.

 

 

 

 

"A girl?" she asked, surprise was evident in her voice. No offense was intended, but she was just really, plainly, surprised. She didn't expect Wheein to be swinging that way. 

 

"Yes, unnie." Wheein chuckled. She was amused by Yongsun's reaction. "Shall I continue? Or are you not comfortable with the topic?"

 

Thinking Wheein took it the wrong way, Yongsun quickly shook her head and said, "No! It's not like that. Just surprised. Carry on, Wheein-ah. I'm all ears."

 

So, Wheein continued. She faced Yongsun and took a deep breath, hoping that she was doing the right thing. Although she does not entirely know why she was doing this. At the back of her mind, a small voice was saying that she was crazy for opening up to a possible competitor.

 

"As I was saying, I like this girl. For a long time now, actually. And she never knew. I..." Wheein sighed, "I never get the guts to tell her because I know she only looks at me as a sister."

 

The oblivious Kim Yongsun unknowingly let out a small gasp. Not being able to tell your feelings to the one you like hurts, but what hurts more is when that someone only sees you as a sister. Yongsun could not help but to sympathize with Wheein. She imagined herself on Wheein’s shoes and she definitely does not like the heavy feeling.

 

 

 

 

That might be it, Yongsun thought. What Wheein told her was it. Not the fact that Wheein likes a girl, but the other; the not-telling-her-and-her-seeing-Wheein-as-a-sister part. Somehow, a part of her wanted to help Wheein get the girl.

 

Yongsun was thinking of some ways that may be of help to Wheein. She tried to place herself on Wheein’s situation once again.

 

If I were Wheein, what should and could I do?

 

That question kept on playing inside Yongsun’s mind. At an ungodly time of the night, she was stressing over somebody’s love life.

 

“I wonder if I’d do the same if it was my own love life.” Yongsun mentally asked herself.

 

Suddenly, she thought of her own love life. The only thing this time was that she imagined it with a woman, not a man. True, she did have girl crushes before, but never did she think about being in a legit relationship with them. She immediately dismisses the thought of being in a relationship with a girl. She was actually afraid. She was in denial. The truth is she was afraid of discrimination, so she tries to believe and convince herself that she’s still a straight woman.

 

Now that Yongsun have thought about it, this might have been why she could not sleep. Other than Wheein’s case, she was bugged by her own uality. Wheein’s confession triggered her. She also wanted to admit it, that she was a lesbian, but it was hard. She hoped she was as strong and capable like Wheein.

 

Too many thoughts and things were running around Yongsun’s mind that she did not notice her own eyes shutting down. She fell asleep. Sleep has finally dawned onto her, though still, it was very late for Yongsun’s liking. Surely, Yongsun would be walking with a healthy set of eye bags in the morning. Hopefully, she won’t be too tired to participate in the games and activities.

 

🔸🔸🔸

 

Moonbyul woke up first. It was only around 5:30 in the morning when she decided to get up from her bed and change her clothes to her usual jogging attire;a white Dri-FIT under her favorite black running jacket, paired with her jogging pants and running shoes. She could not miss a day without even a little run. Moonbyul grabbed a light snack, yogurt, from the convenience store near the hotel they were staying at and ate the yogurt by the beach, sitting on the sand. Her mind was at ease and she was really just enjoying the atmosphere at that moment. It was serene and quiet. Only the sounds of the birds, the waves clashing, and a few people here and there, were what surrounds Moonbyul. It was calming, for her, at least.

 

For her, the idea of coming here didn’t sound so bad anymore.

 

She finished the yogurt and stayed there for a few more minutes before breaking into a jog. She went on rounds and rounds by the shore. Beads of sweat were also threatening to run down the side of her face despite the still humid weather early in the morning. She lost count on how many rounds she have taken already and the sun was already making its way up. Moonbyul noticed the sky turning brighter, and she regretted not bringing her camera with her. She stopped when the sun was visible. Tiredness have caught up to her when she just dropped to sit on the sand once again to catch her breath and to also watch the sky.

 

It was beautiful. Breathtaking. The sun was magnificent.

 

She made a mental note to bring her camera, or at least her phone, the next day to capture this wonderful creation she was witnessing at the moment. A smile was beautifully plastered on her face.

 

When she came back to their room half an hour later, she was greeted by a wet-looking Kim Yongsun. Surprise was an understatement. They both had their eyes wide open, and both were also frozen on their spots. Yongsun just finished taking a bath and came out of the bathroom with only her bathrobe on. She thought it was a good idea since Wheein was still deep asleep. She never thought that someone, or rather Moonbyul, would step in right before she have fully clothed herself. Yongsun was more than embarrassed.

 

Moonbyul, o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter