4th Shot

Snapshot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Quick running footsteps echoed in the company's hallway as Yongsun sped her way to her boss's office. Everyone she passed by looked at her while the others chuckled in amusement.

"Isn't it too early for her to run around?" One of the staffs said to her friend as they enter the elevator.

Yongsun could only care less. She found it. She found the USB and her happiness could not be contained. Before the day ended during her day off, she thought a miracle happened.

 

It was already dark that time. Yongsun almost lost her hope when she glanced at the wall clock and saw that it was already almost 9 pm. She was almost sure that the USB was in her apartment because she saw nothing when she looked for it on her work table. 

She heaved a tired sigh, slumping on her bed. Her eyes focused on her plain white ceiling. Mind was rumbling as she tried to remember. Tried her hardest but she failed. 

The phone on her side table beeped, indicating a message had been sent. She stretched her arm out and tried to reach for it. Her fingers, however, did not get a good grasp of her phone so it fell down on the floor and got dismantled. Yongsun groaned in frustration and rolled off her bed to get her phone. 

Yongsun took her phone and its back casing and looked under the bed to locate the battery. She squinted her eyes and waits for a few seconds to let her eyes adjust with the darkness under her bed. Her arm was stretched out once more to get her battery. Instead of touching a wide, flat, battery though, she felt a small and cold piece of metal. When she brought it out, her heart beated fast, eyes wide, and she instantly forgot about her battery. She was already holding the USB she thought she lost. How could it possibly gone under the bed, she doesn't know. She thought she might have dropped it one time she organized her bag.

"Oh my gosh–" she muttered. Yongsun clutched the USB to her chest and let out her shout of glee. "YES!"

She then spent a good three minutes dancing and jumping around on her bed.

 

Yongsun arrived in front of Mr. Moon's office and knocked on its door. Her hands and knees were shaking in excitement as she waited for Mr. Moon's approval for her to come in.

"Who is it?", she heard Mr. Moon ask.

"It's Kim Yongsun, Mr. Moon." She replied in a second.

"Enter."

She turned the knob and peeked inside before entering. A wide grin was plastered on her face while she was closing the door and faced her boss.

"What is it, Ms. Kim?" Mr. Moon asked as he lifted his gaze from the papers on his table. He looked at Yongsun with an eyebrow raised and waited for her response.

Yongsun pulled out the USB from her suit's pocket and showed it to her boss. "Sir, I found it!" She beamed with her eyes also smiling.

Mr. Moon seemed to be in his good mood when he stood up from his seat and smiled back at Yongsun. He heaved a sigh of relief and shook his head.

"Wow..." he said, "You don't know how thankful I am that you've found it! The girls don't have to record everything from the start again."

He walked closer to Yongsun and laid a pat on the girl's arm with a smile. On a closer look, her boss has quite a charm. It reminds her of someone. Someone she don't really remember though.

"I'm so sorry again, sir. I will do better and work harder for the company. You can count on me." Yongsun firmly said, looking up at Mr. Moon then nodding. "I promise."

"You'll do just fine, Ms. Kim." He smiled. "There's not much work for you today. Take it as your prize for finding the USB. You can wander around the building or go home early. Just inform me."

Yongsun blinked. Although she seemed to be fine, she actually could not believe how Mr. Moon was acting in front of her. She was used to see him with a serious face, or if not, a frowning one. He really gives off an intimidating image but this situation right now shows another side of her boss.

"Um... I'll just stay in the building, sir. In case you need me for something."

"Okay then." He smiled again. "You may leave. I'm expecting another visitor."

Yongsun nodded and bowed to her boss after giving the USB. She headed out of the office happily. Now that she have nothing to worry about, she thought that everything will go well in her work now. She is in her dream company and Mr. Moon was happy.

She was humming a song when she entered the elevator. Just as the doors were about to close, she caught a glimpse of another woman coming out from the elevator across. The woman was wearing a face mask and a cap, but her hair was unmistakably blonde

"Oh, she's here again?" she mumbled to herself, trying to take a longer look at Moonbyul before the doors closed. "I wonder what her business with Mr. Moon is."

 

🔸🔸🔸

 

Moonbyul rolled her eyes and sighed as she turned the knob to her fat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter