5th Shot

Snapshot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For more than 10 minutes at the rooftop, Moonbyul had taken her time to shout her frustrations and calm her boiling nerves down. Despite being ordered around by her father, she could not afford to disobey him for he is still her father and that, someday, she will be taking over his place. The thought of it still gives her creeps though. Moonbyul does not want the company. She feels like it would hold her back from doing the things that she want. And no, she won't let that happen.

Moonbyul took a last look at the view in front of her, feeling quite contented and better. Her chest feels lighter and the sun definitely lifted her mood up. With a smile painted on her face, she started to head back inside. However, when she was about to press on the elevator's button, her peripheral view caught something move at the side. Then she heard a yawn.

Moonbyul almost swore when it moved again. She have never thought this place would be hunted until now. She decided to take a look. Her hand retreated and slowly walked around the elevator. There she saw a girl who seemed to be as surprised as her.

The girl's eyes widened and let out a short squeal. "A-ahh! Who are you-" she asked.

Moonbyul took a step back, more surprised at the squeal the girl emitted. She thought she might have disturbed someone who was sleeping.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry. I– what are you doing here?"

"I'm, uhh..."

The girl looked away, pulled out the earbuds on her ears, and stood up from her position, fixing the creases on her clothes and her hair that was messed up by the wind. By the looks of her outfit, Moonbyul thought that this girl might be a trainee.

"Why sleep here?" Moonbyul asked, chuckling lightly.

"This place is not crowded and it's really peaceful here." The girl answered in a soft voice.

"Oh." Moonbyul blinked, "I hope I didn't ruin the ambiance and wake you up."

"Oh, no! No, no. You didn't. I just woke up anyway." The girl smiled, dismissing Moonbyul's thought immediately.

Moonbyul's gaze dropped to the earphones hanging loosely on the girl's hand. Good, she thought. That means this girl here heard nothing of the things she was screaming about earlier. Moonbyul just smiled back at her.

"I'm heading down already. How about you?" Moonbyul asked. She pointed her thumb at the door and waited for the girl's response.

"Ah, yes. I still have to practice."

The girl quickly stuffed her earphones into her pants's back pocket. Moonbyul waited for her to finish before walking ahead and wait for the elevator to open. She was fiddling with her jacket's zipper, feeling awkward with the shy girl beside her. Debating to herself if she should make a conversation.

Ding!

Moonbyul snapped out from her thoughts and entered the elevator as soon as it opened. The girl stood beside her, hands together in front, and head low. Both of them did not utter a word in that small room until Moonbyul could not take it anymore.

"Um... you must be a trainee, no?" She spoke in a low voice.

The girl just nodded.

Great, Moonbyul thought. They were back on that awkward atmosphere. Moonbyul was just thankful that there were not much interruption as they go down and the trip was quick. In just a minute or two, the door slid open and they both stepped out of the elevator.

The girl took a deep breath and faced Moonbyul. "I have to go first, unnie. I might be late for my practice."

She bowed. Moonbyul was about to open and reply but the girl already sped off to the other direction, leaving her surprised and lost for a moment.

"She and I are heading to the same direction. Should've just walked together." She mumbled to herself as she started to walk.

 

 

 

The door to a practice room was pushed open and revealed the girl panting. There were two more girls inside the room and they all got surprised by the sudden intruder who looked around the room, trying to spot someone.

"Eunae, where have you been?" The tallest of them asked. 

"Is the teacher here?" Eunae asked back, ignoring the question that was thrown at her. She pushed her hair back and smiled at the tall girl.

"Do you see anybody else besides us?" The woman seating by the mirrors looked up at Eunae with a raised eyebrow.

The tallest one patted Eunae's back and chuckled before turning to the sitting girl. "Seulgi, why are you so fired up, hm? Relax!"

Eunae was ushered inside the practice room and the tallest woman, Ahn Heeyeon, also called as Hani, sat beside Seulgi. Eunae was silent as she sat on the middle of the room.

"We've been waiting for how long, unnie? And Eunae, who should be spending her time to practice while waiting, was probably at the rooftop again, sleeping." 

Eunae took a deep sigh and was about to retort when they heard a knock. The three whipped their head t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter