1st Shot

Snapshot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She looked at her child. The child ran around with her newfound friends at the park like they have known each other for a long time. So innocent. She was joyful. Her eyes, despite of its dark hue, twinkled every time her lips curled to a wide smile. The woman never thought she would leave a precious child. 

She called out the child and she was answered by a happy tone she would never forget. The child ran towards her and hugged her waist. "Yes, mom?" 

The mother brushed her daughter's hair back and smiled at her as she wipe her daughter's sweaty forehead. "Honey, you've been playing too much. Rest for a while, hm? Take a seat." she said, ushering the child to sit next to her. The child nodded and complied. 

The older woman watched her daughter drinking from her bottle and smiled to herself. She swore she would never forget her child's most precious smile. They way her nose scrunched up every time she laughs and have fun with her friends. Her chubby cheeks she used to play with when she was still a baby. The way the child hug her every morning and kiss her cheek good morning. Her heart hurt and she would miss her so much. 

"Mom... what's wrong?" the oblivious child asked, looking up at her mother's sad eyes. She placed the cap back on her bottle then hugged her mother's arm.

"Honey, I love you. Never ever forget that."

🔸🔸🔸

Moonbyul's alarm went off and she jolted awake from her sleep. Her eyes shot open and the first thing she did was mutter a curse. She felt a tear slide down her cheek reminding her that her dream is real and it happened. She dreamt of it again. Moonbyul heaved a sigh when she sat up and turned her alarm off before heading into the bathroom to clean up. There, she gathered herself up and forced the memory out again. 

Minutes later she appeared in the dining area and greeted the maids preparing breakfast. "Good morning, people!" she chimed.

The oldest maid, Hyemi, also the one closest to Moonbyul, smiled. She gave Moonbyul a light pat on the latter's back when she passed by and greeted back a good morning. "Ah, the princess is awake. How was your sleep, sweetie?" she asked as she place Moonbyul's breakfast in front of her. Hyemi unwrapped the apron around her waist and sat beside Moonbyul.

Moonbyul stared at the food in front of her before flashing the older woman a small, sad smile. Hyemi knew then that she, again, had that dream she never wanna talk about again. She watched Moonbyul eat her breakfast and suddenly she was reminded of the very fragile kid she was asked to take care of a few months after her mother left. Moon Jaeho, Moonbyul's father, hired her to take over the responsibility of looking after Moonbyul as he focus on his growing company. She stood as the child's mother and took care of her like her own. 

Hyemi let go of the topic and flashed a wide smile at Moonbyul as she was reminded of the good news she wanted to tell her. "Sweetie, I almost forgot. Guess who just arrived at home and is waiting for you."

Moonbyul's eyes lit up and snapped her head at Hyemi's direction. "Is it who I think it is?" she asked, already getting up from her seat in excitement.

"No doubt. She's up in her room, resting. Don't tell her I told you." Hyemi chuckled lightly and landed a few pat on Moonbyul's , ushering her upstairs. She watched Moonbyul run upstairs and headed straight to the bedroom a door away from her room.

Moonbyul silently opened the door. Her heart was beating fast in excitement. She peeked inside and saw the lump under the thick comforter, hugging t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter