Kim Jae Hwan

DATING 101
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jae Hwan was a regular high school boy who was going on a field trip to a camp. Everyone in his class was going to stay at camp for one week. It was already 7 pm when they were on the bus.

Jae Hwan had ear buds in his ears and was listening to EXO CBX - Hey Mama while the bus was taking the students to the camp. He was sitting next to the loudest person in his class, Dong Ko. He was a funny guy but he was extremely loud. Jae Hwan didn't want to hear what Dong Ko was talking about because Dong Ko had a dirty mind. 

"HEY," Dong Ko yelled in Jae Hwan's ear.

"What do you want," Jae Hwan said as he took out one of his ear buds.

"Gosh, you're so boring Jae Hwan... Is there any girl you like at the school? I'll make sure to send you their...," Dong Ko was about to say.

"Shut up Dong Ko, I don't like any girl at school," Jae Hwan said as he put his ear bud back into his ear.

That was a lie...

He liked Ae Ra...

She had short brown hair and was very nice.

He's liked her for awhile now...

He didn't really talk to her, they only talked once.

And the only thing he said to her was sorry.

The time when he accidentally bumped into her was the only time when he talked to her. All he said was sorry and she said it's okay. That was it... The reason why he didn't try to approach her was because she had a boyfriend already...

Dong Ko took out Jae Hwan's ear bud and yelled," I KNOW THAT YOU LIKE CHOI AE RA!!!!"

"Shut up Dong Ko, why would I like her? She already has a boyfriend," Jae Hwan said and smacked Dong Ko's head.

"You're just a scaredy cat Jae Hwan, that's why girls don't like you because you're not cool," Dong Ko said and smacked Jae Hwan back.

"Why are you telling me advice when you don't even have a girlfriend not have ever had one," Jae Hwan replied.

"Girls do like me, they're just afraid to admit it," Dong Ko said.

"Sure," Jae Hwan said sarcastically and put the ear bud back into his ear.

"Whatever Jae Hwan, you're just a loser anyways," Dong Ko told him.

Jae Hwan knew that he was a loser and that he was a scaredy cat... He didn't have the guts to talk to Ae Ra again after he bumped into her... She was a goddess and he was a nobody...

"We're here," the bus driver said.

Everyone started to run off the bus.

Jae Hwan waited for everyone to get off the bus and when there was no one on the bus he got off.

He looked around and noticed that everyone had left somewhere. He was just by himself, not even the bus driver was there...

He saw a temple that was a few meters away from the bus.

"Maybe they went to that temple," Jae Hwan said.

He walked towards the temple and once he arrived  he walked inside and saw that there was no one at the temple.

"Is this place deserted? How come there's no one here," he asked.

"You there," someone said.

Jae Hwan looked around and he didn't see anyone... Was he just hearing things?

"You there... The guy wearing weird clothes," the voice said again.

"Me?"

He wasn't wearing weird clothes... He was wearing his school uniform...

"Yes, you... Do you have a pen," the voice asked.

Jae Hwan out his hand in his pocket and found a black fountain pen.

"Yeah," he said.

"Great. Do you see the painting with the fox?"

Jae Hwan looked around and saw an old looking painting with a grandma and a fox but the fox had no tail...

"How come the fox doesn't have any tail," Jae Hwan asked.

"That's your job. Draw nine tails on the painting," the voice told him.

"WHAT?! I can't do that... That's vandalism..."

"Just do it!"

"I can get arrested for vandalism, I'm not doing it," Jae Hwan said.

"DO IT! If you don't... Then I'll curse you and your family," the voice replied.

Jae Hwan was kinda religious, he believes in spirits and he did not want to be cursed by a spirit.

"Fine," Jae Hwan said and he drew one tail on the fox.

"Hurry!"

Jae Hwan drew the second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, eigth tail...

A thunder storm appeared and he could hear people yelling from outside the temple.

"HURRY UP!!!!!"

Jae Hwan drew the ninth tail and immediately ran out of the temple. He couldn't be caught, he didn't want to go to jail, especially not at his age....

When he ran out of the temple he didn't notice that there was a hill. He stumbled over a rock and rolled down a hill.

When he reached the bottom he was lying on a pile of leaves... 

Everything started to go black....

 

A woman walked towards him.

"Thanks for what you did," she whispered to him.

A thunder storm was still ongoing.

The heavens were mad that she had escaped..

She bent down and got close to Jae Hwan.

Her face was close with Jae Hwan's and she gave him her orb.

Her orb that contained life...

With that orb, any wound you receive will heal immediately.

She backed away from Jae Hwan and sat down ontop of a rock.

She waited for a few seconds...

"5, 4, 3, 2, 1," she said.

Jae Hwan opened his eyes and immediately sat up.

He touched his face and looked at his hands...

There were no wounds...

"What happened," he asked.

"You fell down a hill when you tried to escape the temple. Thanks for helping me," she told him.

He saw a woman wearing a white flowy dress. She had long black hair and looked very young. On her right hand she had a jade bracelet.

"Good thing that today's not a full moon or else I would've scared you," she said.

"Who are you," he asked her.

"I'm a nine tailed fox," she replied.

A nine tailed fox?

Was Jae Hwan really okay or did he lose his mental state?

"Nine tailed fox... That doesn't exist...."

"If today was a full moon that I could've shown you my nine tails but they don't appear unless there's a full moon... Anyways, thanks for helping me escape from the painting," she told him.

"I helped you escape?"

"Yeah, you drew nine tails on the fox, remember?"

He thought and remembered...

"You were the voice then? What if I get arrested for vandalism," he asked her.

"You won't because the I disappeared from the painting, I'm in front of you now."

He still had a hard time believing her.

"Do you have a name," he asked her.

"Nope.... I'm just a nine tailed fox," she told him.

"Okay, you'll be Yoona... I'm Jae Hwan," he told her.

"Okay..."

"Let's get out of here," Jae Hwan said as he started to climb up the hill.

Yoona jumped up onto the top of the hill.

Jae Hwan looked at the top of the hill and saw Yoona... What did she just do?

"Hurry up Jae Hwan, you're so slow," she told him.

Jae Hwan climbed up to the top and saw that the bus was no longer there.

"They left?!"

"Who did," Yoona asked.

Jae Hwan was in disbelief...

He grabbed his phone from his pocket and saw that there was no service...

"Great, today's my lucky day," Jae Hwan says.

Yoona smiled when he said that...

"He must be very lucky.... Maybe the heavens aren't totally mad at me," Yoona thought to herself.

The sky began to clear up and Jae Hwan saw that there was a half moon.

"Is it possible if you could take us all the way to Seoul," Jae Hwan asked Yoona.

"What's Seoul?"

Jae Hwan face palmed himself and was curious...

"How old are you," he asked.

"What year is this?"

"2017."

"If it's 2017, then I'm 768 years old," she told him.

"Heol.....," he said.

"How old are you?"

"I'm 17."

"Gosh you're so young," she replied.

He couldn't believe that she was 768 years old...

"Let's try to find some signal that way I could call a taxi," Jae Hwan told her.

"Signal?"

"Just follow me," Jae Hwan said and grabbed her hand.

He was holding his phone in one hand and was holding Yoona's hand in his other hand.

"Why isn't there any signal?"

Yoona was curious at to what Jae Hwan was holding. She had never seen one of those before... 

"What are you holding?"

"It's a phone, you use it to talk to people that aren't near you," Jae Hwan told her.

"Wow, that's cool.... By the way, what does heol mean? You used that word and I wasn't sure what you meant by heol...."

"Please don't ask any more questions Yoona," he replied.

"Okay...."

Jae Hwan continued to walk and walk and finally got one bar.

Two bars...

Three bars...

Three bars were good enough...

He immediately dialed a phone number for a taxi service.

"Hi, I need a taxi... I'm at....," Jae Hwan said.

He didn't know where he was...

He was in the middle of nowhere...

"Well, I don't exactly know where I am but there's a temple and a forest nearby....."

He his location on his phone and saw that he literally was in the middle of nowhere....

"I'm sorry, that's the best description I can give....," he told the person on the other side of the phone.

"Okay, I understand," he said.

He hung up and sighed.

"Is everything okay Jae Hwan?"

"Yeah....," he told her.

She frowned, she could tell that Jae Hwan had something that was bothering him.

"Tell me what's bothering you and I'll fix your problems," Yoona told him.

"You'll fix all my problems?"

She nodded her head.

"Can you take me to Seoul right now?"

She was quiet... She wanted to help him.... But she didn't know this "Seoul"

"I'm sorry Yoona," he said.

"It's fine...."

He noticed that it was a little chilly...

He took off his jacket and placed it over Yoona's shoulders.

"Here, I don't want you to get cold," he told her.

"What about you?"

"Don't worry about me Yoona... I'm okay."

She put on the jacket and hugged Jae Hwan.

"I'm sorry that I put you through this mess Jae Hwan...," she said.

"It's fine Yoona," he replied.

She felt bad...

It was her fault that he had to suffer...

After an hour, a taxi finally arrived...

Yoona was sleeping on Jae Hwan's shoulder.

Jae Hwan carried Yoona inside of the taxi and sat next to her.

"Can you take us to Seoul," he asked the taxi driver.

The taxi driver drove the two to Seoul.

Yoona was still sleeping on Jae Hwan's shoulder.

Jae Hwan couldn't believe his hectic day...

He met a nine tailed fox.

He got lost in the middle of nowhere.

Everything was just so weird....

After another hour, they finally arrived at Seoul.

Jae Hwan paid the taxi driver and carried Yoona on his back.

He walked to his house and went inside.

He went to his room and placed Yoona onto his bed and he went to the living room.

He lied down on top of the couch and went to sleep.

 

"I like you," Ae Ra told him.

Jae Hwan smiled and told her," I like you too."

"I broke up with my boyfriend so you don't need to worry about him," Ae Ra said.

"Does that mean?"

"Yeah, we can start to date, Jae Hwan..."

 

Yoona stared at Jae Hwan who was smiling in his sleep.

"Is he okay," Yoona asked herself.

Jae Hwan puckered his lips and Yoona was wondering what he was dreaming about.

"Should I wake him up," Yoona wondered.

She got closer to him and stared at his face.

He still had his lips puckered...

She placed a finger on his lips and started to laugh.

Jae Hwan grabbed her wrist and pulled her ontop of him.

Yoona didn't know what to do...

"What were you doing Yoona," he asked her.

"I... Umm.... Well... You see... You.. Were puckering your... Lips... And I thought it was... Funny," Yoona was saying flustered.

"You're so cute Yoona," he told her while smiling.

Her cheeks were being painted with pink..

Her heart was beating fast...

"Jae Hwan...."

"Yes, Yoona," he said.

"What is this feeling I'm getting? My heart is... Beating... Fastly... I feel... A little... Strange," she told him while stuttering.

Jae Hwan wasn't sure what she meant at first but then realized that she liked him.

"It's a feeling called.... Love. This feeling appears when... You want to be with someone forever... When you want to take care of that person... When you'll never let that person go," he replied.

"Love.... Have you felt it before," Yoona asked.

Jae Hwan liked Ae Ra but he didn't love her...

She was just a crush...

"I... Haven't..."

The corners of her lips went down...

Was she disappointed?

But...

Why would she?

It it because of how she was feeling?

"Jae Hwan.... I....," Yoona was about to say.

However she didn't...

"Is there something wrong Yoona," he asked her.

"I.... Umm... Can you let go of my wrist," she asks him.

He looked at her wrist and noticed that he was still holding onto her wrist...

"Oh, I'm sorry," he says and lets go of her wrist.

"It's okay," she tells him and gets off of him.

That wasn't actually what she wanted to ask Jae Hwan...

"I have to go to school now... Stay at home when I'm at school because it's dangerous out there especially since you're not used to the current society now," Jae Hwan told her.

She nodded her head and Jae Hwan went to his room and got ready for school.

Yoona looked around the living room and saw a big red box with two handles. She opened one of the handles and felt a cool breeze. She looked at what was inside and saw fish. She touched it and was surprised at how cold it was...

Why did he freeze fish?

Yoona also saw some ice cubes.

What is this?

She touched the ice cubes and wondered what it was... Could she eat it? She grabbed an ice cube and placed it inside of .

"It's so cold," she said and immediately spit out the ice cube.

She wondered why Jae Hwan had these random stuff in a cold box.

She pulled on the second handle and felt a gentle cool breeze. The first handle had a strong cold breeze but the second handle had a gentle one. She looked around and saw a clear bottle. She opened it and drank what was inside the bottle. It was cold water.... She was amazed that the water was put into a type of bottle she had never seen before and the water was already cold. 

Yoona grabbed the water bottle and went to Jae Hwan's room.

"Jae Hwan, this is so fascinating," Yoona said when she walked inside his room.

She saw Jae Hwan...

Half-.

He had his pants on but he didn't have his shirt on...

Yoona couldn't help but to stare at his perfectly chiseled abs....

"Yoo... Yoona....," he stuttered.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Yoona said as she closed the door.

Her face was getting red and her heart was beating fast again.

Was it love?

Yoona was embarrassed... 

He had perfect abs....

Jae Hwan walked out of his room and he was feeling embarrassed...

She had seen half of his body....

"So, what did you say was so fascinating," Jae Hwan asked Yoona.

"Ummm... The water... It's in a bottle that I've never seen before and .... It's cold," she told him.

"You're so cute," Jae Hwan said and pinched her cheeks.

She liked it when he called her cute....

He adored her and she liked receiving his attention...

"I have to go to school now," Jae Hwan told her and grabbed his bag.

"Okay.... I guess I'll see you in awhile," she said.

"Remember, don't open the door to anyone that you don't know and don't go outside, okay?"

She nodded her head and Jae Hwan walked out of the door.

She sighed and walked towards the red box. She placed the water bottle back into the box and closed it. There were so many things she was curious about...

She saw a black rectangle in front of the couch. She also saw a black stick.

"I wonder what this is," Yoona asked.

She pressed a red button on the black stick and the black rectangle had shown two people on the screen talking. There was a boy and a girl...

"You're so cute," the boy told the girl.

"I don't want you to think of me as cute.... I want you to think of me as someone you can trust, someone you can rely on, someone that you can love... Not as someone that's cute," the girl said.

"Do you not like it all when I call you cute," he asked her.

"I hate it when you call me cute... It makes me feel like you only think of me as a friend... I love you..."

The boy had a serious look on his face then he leaned towards the girl and kissed her.

Yoona had thought about her as the girl and Jae Hwan as the boy on the screen.

The corner of her lips went up... 

Maybe she did love Jae Hwan....

"Can you be my girlfriend," the boy asked her.

"Of course, and you'll be my boyfriend," she replied.

Girlfriend...

Boyfriend...

She wanted Jae Hwan to call her his girlfriend...

She wanted to call Jae Hwan her boyfriend...

"Jae Hwan.... My boyfriend....," Yoona started to think about her and Jae Hwan as a couple.

She watched the screen as the girl and the boy had kissed intimately.

Were boyfriends and girlfriends supposed to do that?

Kiss?

She became shy thinking about kissing Jae Hwan...

She turned off the black rectangle, she couldn't watch it anymore...

Yoona was happy thinking about her with Jae Hwan, she couldn't wait to see Jae Hwan...

She really wanted to get out of the house and see Jae Hwan...

She had a plan...

 

 

Jae Hwan walked to school and saw that there were many parents crowding the office.

"What is wrong with you guys? Why don't you check the weather and then plan a trip," a mom told the principle.

"I heard that you even forgot a student at the camp. How could you not check to see if there was a student missing? What if my daughter was left at the camp," another mom had said.

"I understand your concerns about what had happened. We will make sure to be more careful in the future and we will make sure that this doesn't happen again," the principle said.

Jae Hwan just walked past the office...

It seemed like word spread out that he was left at the camp.

"Are you okay?"

Jae Hwan looked at the girl in front of her...

Ae Ra....

"Yeah, I'm okay," he told her.

"Are you sure? I heard that you were left behind the camp.... "

"Yeah.....," he said.

He couldn't hide his happiness, he was talking to the girl he liked and most of all she was worried about him.

"So, what happened?"

"Well, a lot of hectic things happened... If I told you... You probably wouldn't believe me."

"It's okay, you can tell me...," she told him.

"Well..."

"JAE HWAN!"

Jae Hwan knew that voice and wondered why she had left the house.

He turned around and Yoona ran towards him and hugged him.

"I missed you Jae Hwan," Yoona said.

"Who is she Jae Hwan," Ae Ra asked.

"She's...," Jae Hwan was about to say but then..

"I'm his girlfriend," Yoona told her.

Jae Hwan face palmed himself...

"Oh, it's nice to meet you. I'm Choi Ae Ra."

Yoona stared at the girl, she was pretty but Yoona had confidence that she was prettier, after all, she literally was an ageless beauty. All the boys were staring at Yoona and Ae Ra. They wondered who Yoona was.

"Jae Hwan is my boyfriend and I would like it if you weren't so close to him," Yoona said.

"Yoona," Jae Hwan told her.

"Oh okay, I'm sorry if what I did might have made you think that I liked him... But I have a boyfriend too," Ae Ra replied.

"That's interesting... I guess... Anyways, remember the name Im Yoona. Because if you're around Jae Hwan, you'll be hearing my name often."

"Yoona," Jae Hwan said.

"Okay," Ae Ra said awkwardly.

"I'm sorry Ae Ra," Jae Hwan told her.

"It's okay, I guess I'll talk to you later," Ae Ra said and left.

Jae Hwan sighed and looked at Yoona.

She had a grumpy look in her face.

"I don't like her, don't talk to her," Yoona told Jae Hwan.

"How come you don't like her," Jae Hwan asked.

"Because I don't want any girls around you rather than me. It makes me.....," Yoona said.

"It makes you?"

"What do you call the feeling where you can't help but to feel mad and hate towards someone?"

"Jealousy?"

"I'm jealousy," Yoona told him.

"Your jealous? Of who?"

"That girl.... The way you look at her is different than me.... I love you Jae Hwan," Yoona replied.

"Wh...what?"

"I want to be your girlfriend."

"Y..yoo...na...," he said.

"I don't want you to think of me as cute.... I want us to be more than just friends..."

"Yoona... I...," Jae Hwan began to say.

The bell rang.

"I need to go to class, go back home okay?"

Jae Hwan ran to his class and Yoona walked out of the school.

Jae Hwan immediately took a seat and Dong Ko walked towards him.

"Who was that girl you were with," Dong Ko asked him.

"Who? Yoona?"

"That's her name... Is she single?"

"Why do you want to know," Jae Hwan said and smacked Dong Ko's head.

"Because she's my type," Dong Ko told him.

"Well, news flash.... She's my girlfriend," Jae Hwan replied.

"Did I really just say that Yoona is my girlfriend," Jae Hwan said in his mind.

"Wow, your standards went up Jae Hwan. She's way prettier than Choi Ae Ra. I'm so proud of you," Dong Ko tells him while patting his back.

"DONG KO! Go back to your seat," the teacher tells him.

Dong Ko ran back to his seat and Jae Hwan couldn't help but to wonder why he called Yoona his girlfriend...

 

Yoona walked by herself to the house...

She was....

Well, she didn't know the word to describe how she was feeling... 

After all, she was stuck in that painting for more than 700 years....

"The world has changed so much....," Yoona told herself.

Yoona went inside of the house and lied down on the sofa.

She pressed the red button on the black stick and the black rectangle showed a woman wearing a gray suit. Yoona was curious.... Was that how people dressed now? 

"Today, there will be a full moon," the lady said.

A full moon?

That means that her tails are going to appear....

And...

She could show her nine tails to Jae Hwan...

 

 

Jae Hwan stared at the clock....

The small hand was at 11 am...

It went to the number 1...

Then to the number 3...

The bell had finally rang...

Jae Hwan started to pack his stuff and Ae Ra approached him.

"Hey," she said.

"Ae Ra..... I'm sorry for what happened earlier," he told her.

"It's fine but are do you have any plans for right now," she asked.

"I was just going to go home after this...."

"Can we hang out then? I want to get to know you better..."

"Sure, where do you want to go?"

"Let's go to the mall."

 

 

Yoona was getting bored....

"When is Jae Hwan comi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter