forgetful you

Short Fiction for Dahyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dahyun stands in front of the refrigerator, hand on the metal frame with a whimsical grin that stretches across her face. Just as she had anticipated, Nayeon had once again abandoned her so-called favourite frames in their fridge. It was sandwiched right between her lotion, and Dahyun’s chocolate milk.

 

Cold glasses in hand, she saunters to find Nayeon, and as predicted she’s lying in bed with the lights dimmed reading something on her phone, hunched over it to stare at the small letters. Dahyun’s always reminding her to wear her glasses, but she refuses to listen, saying that she doesn’t really need them. If it were anyone else, Dahyun would be horribly frustrated at his or her stubbornness. However, with Nayeon she found herself smiling at the habit rather than frowning.

 

“So did you miss me?” Dahyun asks, with the gentle knocking of the bedroom door. She had just returned from a week long trip in Japan, and she was more than happy to be home.

 

“I might’ve missed you,” Nayeon chuckles, glancing up from the glowing screen, holding up her fingers in a small pinch to demonstrate the very small amount.

 

“So how would you explain all the late night phone calls?” Dahyun sarcastically jokes, as she paces across the room, yawning and stretching. “Since, you didn’t really miss me, I’m off to bed then.”

 

“Wait! Nayeon calls, sounding strangled. “All right, you win this time. I missed you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter