imperfect night

Short Fiction for Dahyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dahyun’s afraid of sleeping alone, and Momo’s known that for quite some time now. She can’t exactly recall when it was first that she realised, but now it’s a thought that simmers in her mind every night. A thought that caused her to overstep boundaries, and contemplate the betrayal of her best friend. Tonight more than ever, Sana’s away from home and Dahyun’s staying with her tonight. It was all last minute, but at first it seemed like a good idea, but now not so much with sultry temptation vying at her fingertips. It definitely didn’t help that Dahyun was dressed in Momo’s night gown either. As when Dahyun sits up, the strap falls material slipping, revealing the intimately low pale complexion of her chest. The bare skin taunting Momo’s shameless hunger, yet hooded eyes flushed upon meeting eyes with it’s owner. “On second thought, maybe I should wear that jumper,” she giggles fleeing the scene. Leaving Momo to groan in her pillow, trying to still the fussing of her insatiable desire. The weight of Dahyun’s influence was too much of a force to yield.

 

“I hope you don’t mind. I got this one instead,” Dahyun reappears twirling in Momo’s favourite near tatters sweater.

 

“Cosy isn’t it?” Momo chuckles, corners of turning into a smile. Her insides shifting once again, as Dahyun continued to stare at her engaging in another round of mixed signals.

 

“I wish Sana was here though,” she murmurs, and stumbles back through the door. A soft sigh follows, as her hand rises to her head, the dark-rimmed glasses she always wore at the dorm falling from her face. Momo offers a small shrug, pride hurting a little desperately trying to withhold a snarky bite. She didn’t want to expose her jealousy, but it was difficult to resist seeing the pining in Dahyun’s face. Don’t say it, her inside voice begs but her reply breaks through despite the suppression. “You’ll have her back tomorrow,” The estranged voice snaps plunging her in her own foolishness. The effects of her words immediately showing, as Dahyun’s lips slope to a sulk abruptly snatching the younger girl’s usual joy. Momo’s actions have left her too ashamed to meet Dahyun’s eyes, gaze quickly fleeing to the bed and tousled sheets. “I didn’t mean it like that…” Dahyun whispers, approaching the bedside pulling sheets.

 

“Milk might help you sleep?” Momo randomly suggests, eyes trying to pry beyond the hidden expression and without waiting for the latter’s response she starts to leave. It’s a shot in the dark, but has redemption flickering in near sight, an opportunity to make amends disguised as a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter