Chapter 4

Seriously
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyulkyung hated Mondays, despised them even. She always had. This particular Monday however, seemed promising. She was walking into campus alone, minding her own business when Eunwoo came up unexpectedly behind her with a loud and energetic "Hey!", causing the other girl to jump.

"Jesus, you really do have an excessive amount of enthusiasm for 9am on a Monday morning." Kyulkyung complained to her friend.

"I'm trying out this new thing. It's called being positive." came Eunwoo's sarcastic reply.

"I don't need positivity. I need caffeine." Kyulkyung voiced as she grabbedher friend by the backpack and roughly pulled her towards the nearest cafe on campus.

"Cut it out!" the other girl whined, trying to break free from Kyulkyung's grip. "Aren't you supposed to be all rainbows and sunshines today anyway?! You're still meeting with Nayoung later right?"

At Eunwoo's distress, Kyulkyung let go of her friend's backpack, allowing the other girl to walk peacefully beside her. "Yes. But I stil haven't decided whether that's a good or a bad thing."

"I guess you'll have to wait and see." Eunwoo replied before both girls entered the busy cafe, ready to make their regular orders. 

 

 

Nayoung's first lecture wasn't scheduled to begin for another 30 minutes, and so she met Minkyung at their usual place (a picnic table in a quieter area of campus) at around 10am.

"Hey." she greeted the taller girl as she approached, Minkyung having already arrived.

"Hey yourself." came the other girl's reply. Minkyung stood then, to embrace Nayoung in a friendly hug.

The two sat down into their respective seats at the table, a few textbooks and notebooks were opened on the surface, Nayoung assuming that Minkyung had been using them for some early morning studying. Minkyung had begun placing her belongings back into her bag to free the space between them before Nayoung piped up.

"Oh crap before I forget, I can't do lunch today. I'm meeting Kyulkyung."

Minkyung had barely looked up from tidying away her books when she answered, "That makes it easier for me then. I was gonna blow you off to meet with Kyungwon anyway."

Nayoung laughed at the other girl's response, expecting nothing less from Kim Minkyung. She stared at her friend for a few seconds as she settled back into her seat before looking at the younger girl with a curious expression.

"Are you two dating?" she asked, straight to the point.

Minkyung's eyes seemed to challenge Nayoung's, a small smile appearing on her lips. "Isn't it obvious?"

"Tell that to Kyulkyung." Nayoung tried to mutter under her breath.

"Huh? Why?" Minkyung was intrigued now, leaning in towards the other girl.

"I think she's convinced herself we're an item." Nayoung explained, as she saw a somewhat proud expression painted on Minkyung's features. "You do say some very suggestive things Minky. I can see where she gets the ridiculous idea from." she continued, scolding her friend's flirtatious behaviour.

"Me and you?" Minkyung laughed, eyebrows raised, "In your dreams Im Nayoung."

"Oh please. Get over yourself." Nayoung shot back, reaching over the table to give her friend a hard shove on her upper arm. Minkyung immediately grabbed the place where Nayoung had hit and rubbed it, an exaggerated expression on her face as she faked her injury.

"Idiot." Nayoung commented before the two girls commenced their typical Monday catch up.

 

 

The plan was to meet at a restaurant not too far from campus at 1pm, and so Nayoung had no idea why she was waiting outside alone, looking like a complete moron at 12:46pm. She tried to pass the time by scrolling through her phone, she even text Sejeong to see if she was busy and was available to distract her for the next 14 minutes. No such luck. And so with every person that strolled by Nayoung longingly hoped that it was Kyulkyung, willing the younger girl to just turn the corner and come into view. Until she did.

The sun hit Kyulkyung in all the right places, accentuating all the attractive features about her. I'm doomed, Nayoung thought, for she surely wouldn't be able to concentrate with Kyulkyung sitting in front of her looking like that.

"Hey." Kyulkyung's cheerful voice interrupted Nayoung from staring at the other girl, causing her to look up and their eyes met.

"Hey."

"Shall we go inside? I'm starving." Kyulkyung inquired, already turning to enter the double doors to the restaurant.

Nayoung could do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter