Chapter 2

Seriously
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nayoung had returned back to her dorm at around 6pm thinking that the weekend couldn't have arrived quick enough. Minkyung has used the excuse that she had to meet up with another friend (Kyungwon was her name, if Nayoung was remembering correctly) for her early departure.

Nayoung assured the other girl that it was okay, she knew Minkyung was popular and expected nothing less of the taller girl having other people she wanted to catch up with. This girl in particular it seemed Minkyung had taken a liking to, and Nayoung couldn't blame her for wanting to spend time with her.

If only Nayoung was so lucky as to be able to spend time with the girl she had feelings for. If only.

The door was already slightly ajar, Nayoung observed as she neared her shared dorm room and could hear faint muffles of hushed voices emerging from inside. Not thinking too much into it, she preceeded to push past the door to her room and greeted her roommate.

"KIM SEJEONG! I MISS-"

Nayoung's speech was interrupted as her eyes doubled in size, growing wider with shock.

Right before her very own innocent eyes her roommate Kim Sejeong sat perched up in her bed: duvet covers thrown back, items of clothing discarded on the floor, hands lost under the shirt of another girl (Nayoung couldn't quite make out who yet) with lips roaming the other girl's exposed neck.

"What the ?!?" Sejeong exclaimed, leaping up from the compromising position she was in, causing the girl on top of her to land rather ungracefully on the floor. She quickly tried to grab any form of clothing she could recover, settling on a tight-fitted tshirt with an image of Minnie Mouse depicted on the front.

Hands reached up to fix her considerably out-of-place hair as she continued shouting to Nayoung, "Have you ever heard of knocking?!"

The taller girl remained still, completely bewildered at what she'd just walked in on. I

t took a second or two for Nayoung to realise that Sejeong has asked her a question, before she replied, "This is my room too Sejeong. You do know that right...?"

Sejeong's only form of a reply was to throw a pair of rolled up jeans she held in her hands at Nayoung, having picked them up when frantically searching for something to cover up her exposed body, and so she did exactly that.

This elicited a rather loud groan from Nayoung as the piece of clothing struck her directly in the face, failing to block the attack from Sejeong with her outstretched hands.

Nayoung had almost entirely forgotten about the stranger in their room and so was evidently surprised when she saw movement from beneath her as the other girl rose slowly from her position on the ground, a guilty and embarrassed expression painted on her features.

Now the girl was in full view, Nayoung could clearly see that the other culprit in this crime was none other than Kim Chungha. Of course it was. Sejeong had been trying to win this girl over for a solid few months now, previously to no avail, but it was looking to Nayoung as if this had proven to be Sejeong's lucky day.

"Hi, Nayoung." Chungha managed to cough out, voice quiet as she refused to meet Nayoung's disapproving glare, "Sorry you had to walk in on that."

"Yeah, me too! You two couldn't have shut the goddamn door or something? Hung a do not disturb sign outside? Anything that would have spared me from seeing...that." Nayoung shook her head after speaking, as if she could somehow rid her mind of the mess she'd just witnessed.

"We didn't think you'd be back yet. You were supposed to be out with Minkyung until 8!" Sejeong exclaimed back, trying to prove herself innocent and justify her actions to her roommate.

Frankly, she was doing a rather ty job. Amidst the altercation between the two friends, Chungha had managed to regain her dignity, fully clothe herself once again and placing a chaste kiss on Sejeong's cheek excused herself from the situation with a simple "I think I better go."

"That's so not the point!" Nayoung fought back as the door was quitely shut behind Chungha, "I shouldn't have to see you guys getting all hot and bothered in my own room!" T

he tallest flopped onto her bed on the other side of the room at the end of her sentence, an exasperated expression on her face as she leant back against the wall, eyes closed shut. How many things could possibly go wrong today?  

"I'm sorry okay? Chill out." Sejeong breathed out and followed suit by throwing herself next to Nayoung on her readily made bed. She gently leant her head against the taller girl's shoulder, her attempt at a silent apology. Nayoung eventually accepted her friend's apology and lowered her head to rest on the other girl before.

 After a few minutes of comfortable silence between the two, Nayoung let out a loud and prolonged sigh.

"You okay?" Sejeong questioned, a hint a worry cast over her face as she lifted her head to look at Nayoung.

"Just a long day I guess," Nayoung explained before reluctantly continuing, "I spoke to Kyulkung before...well, I tried to." Nayoung making damn sure to put emphasis on the word tried, because she did try, hard in fact, but things just didn't seem to be going her way today (unlike Sejeong, that girl seemed to be having the time of her ing life).

"Oh yeah?" Sejeong mused, "And how did that go?" A tone of total curiosity and intrigue lacing her voice. Nayoung turned to look at her then, no words escpaing , but Sejeong knew she didn't need to say anything at all, the hard expression staring her down was enough of an explanation. "Ah, not so good."

"It was a total disaster Sejeong." Nayoung almost cried, hands reaching up to cover her face, feeling drained and weary from how much of a mess the day had turned out to be. "God I just don't know what's going on lately." She carried on before giving in and fully lying down on her bed, her long limbs stretched over Sejeong's lap as the other girl remained in an upright position.

"How is it fair that people like you get handed pretty girls on a plate and I'm over here with the conversation skills of a 3 year old."

"I'm gonna pretend like I'm not offended by that."

A few moments passed between the two as Nayoung only stared at the ceiling above her, consumed in her thoughts, before she confessed, "I miss her Sejeong."

Sejeong shot a sympathetic look at Nayoung then, her features growing softer at the way Nayoung was opening up to her as she brought her hand down to where Nayoung's own hand rested and interwined their fingers. "I know Nayoung, I know."

 

 

 

It was 12am, and Nayoung couldn't seem to get Kyulkyung off her mind. Sejeong had long since fallen asleep in the bed opposite her (worn out from her previous activities with Chungha no doubt) and Nayoung lay wide awake, unable to focus on anything other than the Chinese girl she so desperately needed to talk to. The thought had occurred to Nayoung on more than one occasion that she should just text the girl, call her even, they're good friends for gods sake.

This is so stupid, Nayoung thought, ridiculing herself for how pathetic she was being.

After minutes of a heated debate against herself, unsure of what she should do, Nayoung decided to pull out her cell phone and tried to formulate a suitable message to get Kyulkyung's attention.

[12:17am] Nayoung: Hey.

Way to go. So much for grabbing her attention, Nayoung scolded herself while she waited for the younger girl to respond (if she was going to respond at all). What Nayoung didn't expect was for her phone to elicit the familiar text ringtone only seconds later as her screen lit up and Kyulkyung's name appeared bright and clear.

[12:19am] Kyulkyung: Hey?

Nayoung's heart rate quickened considerably at the fact that the other girl had actually acknowledged her, and so quickly too, followed by her spending a few minutes thinking up another text to send.

[12:24am] Nayoung: I'm sorry about before. I didn't expect Minkyung to find us, let alone drag me away somewhere without so much as an agreement from me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter