Chapter 10

Seriously
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nayoung knew it was totally understandable for her to be worried about her and Kyulkyung's double date with the other couple. Minkyung was practically the Devil reincarnated when she wanted to be, and with her girlfriend by her side, Nayoung's not sure any amount of persuading would be able to stop her from making a complete fool out of the oldest girl.

Kyungwon was no different, in the presence of Minkyung it seemed as though the playful side of her was heighten, and Nayoung lost count of the times she almost smacked Kyungwon around the head because of all the teasing she recieved from her.

The two best friends were sat comfortably in Minkyung's dorm room, not too far away from Nayoung's own. Nayoung could tell the other girl was in a particularly giddy mood and so felt it was necessary to lay the rules down for the day ahead.

"You have to promise me you won't say anything stupid today alright?"

"Me? Say something stupid? Never." Minkyung spoke, voice oozing with sarcasm.

"I'm serious Minky." Nayoung replied, voice attempting to sound stern, "I cannot afford to be made a fool out of in front of the only girl I've ever truly cared for."

Right at that moment, before Minkyung had time to respond, Kyungwon bounced through the door rather excitedly.

"And you!" Nayoung half-heartedly threatened, pointing her finger at the oblivious girl in question.

Kyungwon looked like a deer in the headlights, half a donut grasped tightly in her hand, the other half in . "Me?!" she muffled, eyes wide and slightly taken aback by the volume of Nayoung's voice.

"Yes you. Same goes for you, no embarrassing me in front of Kyulkyung, okay?"

"Ohhhhh, so that's what this is about." Kyungwon realised, just about finishing the rest of the food in and sharing the other half of her donut with Minkyung, who more than willingly accepted the offer from her girlfriend.

The two greeted each other with a chaste kiss on the lips and an exchange of "Hey" before Minkyung spoke up.

"So what gives? We've hung out with Kyulkyung before, what's your problem now?" the tallest girl questioned.

"That was before." Nayoung replied.

"Before what?"

"Before we, you know, started dating."

Kyungwon let out her signature laugh and joined in on the conversation. "So what? Don't you think the impression you give out to a girl before you start dating is arguably more important than the impression she gets when you're actually dating?"

"She's right. Aren't you supposed to try harder when you're in the process of getting the girl? Heaven knows how you managed to convince Kyulkyung you were a suitable match for a partner. To me you've always been a mess." Minkyung voiced her opinion, despite how unwanted it seemed to be from Nayoung.

"Would you both shut up?" the older girl exhaled, throwing a pillow from behind her across the room towards Minkyung and Kyungwon, "I just, I don't want you guys to ruin anything. If anyone's going to mess up my relationship with Kyulkyung I'd rather it be me."

"That's the spirit!" Kyungwon exclaimed, having caught the pillow Nayoung had threatened her with and throwing it back in the other girl's direction.

However, the two girls sensed the sincerity and concern in Nayoung's expression, and softened their voices.

"Have a little faith Nayoung." Minkyung said optimistically.

"We can see how much Kyulkyung means to you. We're not going to that up for you." Kyungwon reassured her friend.

"No matter how tempting it may seem." Minkyung finished, sending a smirk Nayoung's way. The older girl knew she was joking with her now, and so decided to end the discussion there.

"Thanks." Nayoung gave a lighthearted chuckle, though still apprehensive, before the two girls pulled her onto their bed and enveloped her in an overwhelming hug.

 

 

Once reunited with Kyulkyung, the four girls settled on going to the fairground nearby, since it was only a short distance away from campus and Kyungwon had spent a good 5 minutes begging her girlfriend to let her go so she could win (or try to win) a minion plushie from the claw grabbing machines. Kyulkyung had seemed just as enthusiastic at the idea and with both their dates looking at them in pure elation, how could Nayoung and Minkyung resist?

Thankfully, being at such a busy place didn't allow much time for Minkyung (or Kyungwon for that matter) to talk much, let alone say anything that could potentially harm Nayoung's image in front of Kyulkyung. All girls were too occupied by the sheer amount of rides, arcade games and food stalls. Nayoung had considered that maybe she was being a little too paranoid, but with these two girls, anything was possible and she couldn't afford to let her guard down despite how much fun they were having.

"Let's go on that!" Kyungwon suddenly exclaimed, having already been holding Minkyung's hand and dragging her towards the ride. The girls had just finished trying to 'hook a duck' (trying being the key word), both Kyulkyung and Kyungwon getting more and more aggitated at their inability to succeed at 'such an childish and easy game', to quote the latter's own words.

"I love ferris wheels! Let's go." Kyulkyung squealed, copying the other girl's actions and pulling Nayoung in the direction of the other girls ahead.

Im Nayoung was afraid of few things, she would often pride herself in the fact that almost nothing could phase her. Almost. Unfortunately (and quite inconvientiently), heights sat on that very short list and Nayoung cursed the person who thought ferris wheels were good invention.

There were only a couple of people waiting to get on the wheel of death ferris wheel (Of course, Nayoung thought), and when they reached the front of the line they were greeted by the ride assistant.

"You guys all sharing?" he questioned, in reference to the carriage awaiting them.

Nayoung didn't waste a second before she spoke up, looking at Minkyung and Kyungwon accusingly, "I think me and Kyulkyung will have a carriage of our own thank you very much."

Both girls tried their best at acting oblivious and slightly offended but then Nayoung spoke again, "I'd rather not have a repeat of last time, where Minkyung practically tried to kill us both by rocking the carriage nonstop."

Minkyung burst into laughter at the recollection of this. It was a few years back when Minkyung and Nayoung were on vacation together and the former had persuaded Nayoung to join her on the ride, promising not to do anything stupid. She would've felt guilty if it wasn't for the hilarious look of distress on Nayoung's face for the full 10 minutes they were going in circles for.

"That's fine by me." came Kyulkyung's voice, rather amused at the two girls in front of her. She grabbed Nayoung's hand and guided her onto the platform and into the carriage. "See you guys soon!" she waved to the pair left waiting for the next available carriage, before the door was secured after them and the ride rocked into motion.

Kyulkyung sat across from Nayoung, who's back was rigid against the hard seat behind her and hands were fidgeting endlessly in her lap.

"It's so relaxing in here, don't you think?" the younger girl spoke to Nayoung, voice soft.

"You just get to sit. And watch. Everything seems so busy down there: people pushing past each other to get to the next ride, children crying

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter